Forums

Topic: Tokyo Mirage Sessions ♯FE - OT

Posts 321 to 340 of 1,096

Sleepingmudkip

Why does it matter how colorful it is? I mean I understand if you are distracted by it.

Playing: Wargroove on Switch and Fire Emblem on GBA

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

I need to see this gameplay! Any videos posted yet of it? The graphic style isn't a problem for me and I rather like it it's just that E3 trailer did nothing but confuse.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

MsJubilee

Spoony_Tech wrote:

I need to see this gameplay! Any videos posted yet of it? The graphic style isn't a problem for me and I rather like it it's just that E3 trailer did nothing but confuse.

There's treehouse gameplay of it in Nintendo's Youtube channel.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Sleepingmudkip

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Playing: Wargroove on Switch and Fire Emblem on GBA

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

Thanks guys!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

shingi_70

Sleepingmudkip wrote:

Why does it matter how colorful it is? I mean I understand if you are distracted by it.

I was expecting dark fantasy similar to Beserk and a mix of Fire Emblem and The main line SMT series. I wasn't expecting Persona Moe Idol stuff.

Shame cause event loving Persona this game has a ounce of the style of the Persona series.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Dreamsleep

shingi_70 wrote:

Sleepingmudkip wrote:

I was expecting dark fantasy similar to Beserk and a mix of Fire Emblem and The main line SMT series. I wasn't expecting Persona Moe Idol stuff.

Shame cause event loving Persona this game has a ounce of the style of the Persona series.

I think this game oozes style...

Atari 2600, Commodore 64/128, Sega Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, PC, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, Wii, PSP, DSi, PS3, 3DSXL, WiiU

CaviarMeths

shingi_70 wrote:

I was expecting dark fantasy similar to Beserk

Why? Have you never played an SMT spin-off or FE game before?

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

shingi_70

CaviarMeths wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

I was expecting dark fantasy similar to Beserk

Why? Have you never played an SMT spin-off or FE game before?

I have and the pre-awakening games are less Animish in their stories. As for SMT that original trailer advertised the mainline series and not any of the spin offs.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

KO-Cub

I'm new about this FExSMT. I know what Smt and FE is, but I don't get... any of this... Like, what does it have to do with FE or SMT?

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

GrailUK

Wait, it's set in a massive city...I am free to go anywhere in it....yet I cannot jack cars and beat up pedestrians? I...I..don't understand...

Heheh. I think its a very nice hook the fact that FE characters exist in the 'real world' even though they are strictly not those characters. It has a Majoras Mask twist to it in the sense that you meet all the characters from Ocarina of Time, but they are different people (obviously without all the impending doom and gloom.)

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

acegibbo

I have to say after the Treehouse's gameplay with this, I am really REALLY hyped up for this game! I have never played a SMT, and I've only played FE: Awakening, but it looks really cool. Love the whole music aspect as well!

Check out VGTribune, as I'm a frequent writer over there! http://vgtribune.com/
Check out Nintendo Podcast System on YouTube (at http://tinyurl.com/qytxrzp) and iTunes!

Nintendo Network ID: acegibbo | Twitter:

Dreamsleep

acegibbo wrote:

I have to say after the Treehouse's gameplay with this, I am really REALLY hyped up for this game! I have never played a SMT, and I've only played FE: Awakening, but it looks really cool. Love the whole music aspect as well!

Exactly, the music / creative ability of each character is the central aspect of the game! It is the key part of this game that seperates it from the SMT/FE series. And, as Atlus said on the Treehouse demo, it is a new series with homages to those games, not a SMT game with FE characters, or a FE game with SMT characters. I wish people would give them more credit for taking chances with this game, and not doing the safe thing.

Edited on by Dreamsleep

Atari 2600, Commodore 64/128, Sega Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, PC, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, Wii, PSP, DSi, PS3, 3DSXL, WiiU

nacho_chicken

Dreamsleep wrote:

acegibbo wrote:

Exactly, the music / creative ability of each character is the central aspect of the game! It is the key part of this game that seperates it from the SMT/FE series. And, as Atlus said on the Treehouse demo, it is a new series with homages to those games, not a SMT game with FE characters, or a FE game with SMT characters. I wish people would give them more credit for taking chances with this game, and not doing the safe thing.

It does have actual FE characters, though. Tiki's even in her original form; she's not a Mirage.
Untitled

We also don't know how dark it's going to get. Persona 4 oozes rainbows and yellows on the surface, but the storyline involves political scandals, murders unsolvable by the police, and venturing into the psyche of some very deeply troubled people. Mainline SMT games tend to destroy the entirety of the world halfway through the game at the latest, but I doubt this game will take it that far.

I highly recommend changing the topic title to the current working title, Genei Ibun Roku #FE (source). It hasn't been Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem for years, and the old name is only confusing people.

Jack of all trades, master of some

Twitter:

conman2012

Well, I'm out. Not interested in this music angle.

Nonetheless, I hope it is a good game and enjoyable for those to whom it is aimed and/or want to enjoy it.

conman2012

Peach64

They should have showed a little of the gameplay in the Digital Event. Two and a half years, and all they had was a cinematic trailer, which didn't really complete ease the fears it was vaporware at this point. However the gameplay looks pretty good, almost like a Persona-lite game. I'm definitely watching the progress of this one.

Peach64

cookiex

They expect the game to be rated mature so there definitely are some hidden elements to it.

nacho_chicken wrote:

Mainline SMT games tend to destroy the entirety of the world halfway through the game at the latest, but I doubt this game will take it that far.

I don't know about that...

Untitled

Peach64 wrote:

They should have showed a little of the gameplay in the Digital Event. Two and a half years, and all they had was a cinematic trailer, which didn't really complete ease the fears it was vaporware at this point. However the gameplay looks pretty good, almost like a Persona-lite game. I'm definitely watching the progress of this one.

You missed the treehouse stream then.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

KO-Cub

KO-Cub wrote:

I'm new about this FExSMT. I know what Smt and FE is, but I don't get... any of this... Like, what does it have to do with FE or SMT?

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

Peach64

cookiex wrote:

Peach64 wrote:

You missed the treehouse stream then.

No, I watched it, that's what changed my opinion on it.

I bet the people that watched the Treehouse stream was under 10% of the number that watched the Digital Event however.

Peach64

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.