Forums

Topic: Tokyo Mirage Sessions ♯FE - OT

Posts 341 to 360 of 1,096

jariw

KO-Cub wrote:

I'm new about this FExSMT. I know what Smt and FE is, but I don't get... any of this... Like, what does it have to do with FE or SMT?

It's a new thing. Watch the Treehouse Live footage.

jariw

Peach64

Just forget about the whole Fire Emblem and SMT thing as there will probably be no logical explanation. Just think of it as a new JRPG that's a bit like Persona. They need to announce a translated name for this sooner or later to stop everyone thinking it's a crossover.

Peach64

Dreamsleep

I am 100% positive it gets darker, as in the stream normal people are drained of their Performa, and lose all color. The world, or Tokyo, will become shattered at some point. It is a normal progression, so yeah, it won't be all glitter and hearts for the entire game. I'm not entirely sure why people point this out, since you are fighting bad guys, clearly shown in gameplay.

Atari 2600, Commodore 64/128, Sega Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, PC, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, Wii, PSP, DSi, PS3, 3DSXL, WiiU

cookiex

Untitled

Keep this in mind.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

nacho_chicken

cookiex wrote:

Untitled

Keep this in mind.

Makes me wonder why they're anticipating an M rating. Games in the Persona series are usually rated M for personas that have phallic heads/appendages or robo-udders like Mara, Incubus (although, he was in the T-rated Persona 1), Mishaguji, and Tiamat, as well as the textbook-esque descriptions of the history behind the Incubus and Succubus personas. Blood also seems to be a factor, if you call that nondescript dark mist when a shadow dies "blood". Mainline SMT get boosted up regardless, due to the religious themes.

It's probably some really tame sexual reference in the game's text. The ESRB eats those for breakfast. Unfortunately, afterwards they get diarrhea and can't stop pooping out Ms. I'm anticipating a PEGI 12 rating.

This comment has been rated M for Mature. (Violent References, Sexual Themes, Crude Humor)

Edited on by nacho_chicken

Jack of all trades, master of some

Twitter:

KO-Cub

Yeah, after watching this. I'm treating it as it's own.
Though, this will really sell with Awakening fans and inside Japan.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

Blast

Guys, I think this could become a huge series just like Persona. Persona has a very strong fanbase within Playstation despite the series being "niche". I really hope SMT X FE can become huge just like that. I also think this game might be loved instantly as soon as it hits Japanese shelves. If this becomes huge then we can hopefully expect a sequel on the NX or something. If you can't tell, I'm already in love with everything this game is doing. I know some people are disgusted with this game but I can't help but look at it and just grin.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Sleepingmudkip

I too hope it becomes a long running series parallel to persona. maybe....SMT X FE X Persona.....no....ok

Playing: Wargroove on Switch and Fire Emblem on GBA

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter:

CaviarMeths

Tops wrote:

My only other concern, which I didn't think would bother me as much, is the outfits of some of the female characters. I think it's because I'd find it embarrassing to play this on the big screen with the family around and have a scene come on with a barely-dressed anime woman dancing around singing a J-pop song. Know what I mean?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqYNwZJNq_I&t=1m05s

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Blast

Sleepingmudkip wrote:

I too hope it becomes a long running series parallel to persona. maybe....SMT X FE X Persona.....no....ok

I think this game just needs a catchy and cool name like Persona is a catchy and simple name. Maybe "Fire Tensei" or "Shin Megami Emblem".

Master of the Hype Train

CaviarMeths

Blast wrote:

Sleepingmudkip wrote:

I think this game just needs a catchy and cool name like Persona is a catchy and simple name. Maybe "Fire Tensei" or "Shin Megami Emblem".

Neither of those really roll off the tongue or make sense when translated. "Emblem of the True Goddess" is kinda cool, I guess, but not a solid improvement over "Revelations of the Illusion," which also makes no sense.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Dreamsleep

This will be one game, not a series. I don't see Nintendo paying for another, unfortunately. Maybe if it is a surprise hit, with 500k copies sold, but that would be a shocker.

Atari 2600, Commodore 64/128, Sega Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, PC, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, Wii, PSP, DSi, PS3, 3DSXL, WiiU

jump

Dreamsleep wrote:

This will be one game, not a series. I don't see Nintendo paying for another, unfortunately. Maybe if it is a surprise hit, with 500k copies sold, but that would be a shocker.

I can see it selling 500k copies worldwide, lack of RPGs on the system and two big name brands crossing over will give it a boost.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Blast

Dreamsleep wrote:

Well... Look at all the Etrian Odyssey games constantly coming to 3DS. It's a great series but I highly doubt its selling crazy well. Atlus must be satisfied with sales though because they keep releasing them. Atlus also isn't like Square Enix (no offense). Atlus is very aware of their fanbase and localizes nearly all their games. This game's success will fall on marketing and advertising. It has to release at a time where the Wii U needs another game. It has to be nowhere near Zelda U. It has to do the same thing Splatoon did in Japan to become big. At least Nintendo isn't shunning this game like Fatal Frame and Devil's 3rd. Why werent they at the Digital Event?! This could be really huge in Japan IF Nintendo and Atlus plays their cards right. Luckily, its releasing this year in Japan and the only other big JRPG console game is Atlus' Persona 5. Oh... And this game cannot release anywhere near Fire Emblem Fates!

Master of the Hype Train

Blast

CaviarMeths wrote:

Blast wrote:

Sleepingmudkip wrote:

Neither of those really roll off the tongue or make sense when translated. "Emblem of the True Goddess" is kinda cool, I guess, but not a solid improvement over "Revelations of the Illusion," which also makes no sense.

Hmmm... I don't know, man. Hopefully, the localization team comes up with just one name.

Master of the Hype Train

Dreamsleep

Blast wrote:

Dreamsleep wrote:

Well... Look at all the Etrian Odyssey games constantly coming to 3DS. It's a great series but I highly doubt its selling crazy well. Atlus must be satisfied with sales though because they keep releasing them. Atlus also isn't like Square Enix (no offense). Atlus is very aware of their fanbase and localizes nearly all their games. This game's success will fall on marketing and advertising. It has to release at a time where the Wii U needs another game. It has to be nowhere near Zelda U. It has to do the same thing Splatoon did in Japan to become big. At least Nintendo isn't shunning this game like Fatal Frame and Devil's 3rd. Why werent they at the Digital Event?! This could be really huge in Japan IF Nintendo and Atlus plays their cards right. Luckily, its releasing this year in Japan and the only other big JRPG console game is Atlus' Persona 5. Oh... And this game cannot release anywhere near Fire Emblem Fates!

I have all the confidence in the world in Atlus, and love their games, but let's be honest...Nintendo is footing the bill. Atlus is spending tons of money on this game. Fully voiced, original soundtrack, with original songs sung by the voice actors themselves?! That, by itself is a huge cost. Mo-cap animation (utilizing their new mo-cap studio they bought to develop P4DAN), for all performances, and some battle animations, like the Dual Attacks. The game looks very nice, as well, and is probably benefitting from the work Atlus did for the creation of HD assets on Persona 5.

But, Atlus would never have made this game look like this, and sound like this without Nintendo paying for it. The cost is just too enormous for the number of people they can potentially sell this game to, on the WiiU.

Personally, I hope it sells a million copies, it certainly looks like it deserves it.

Edited on by Dreamsleep

Spoony_Tech

This game will surely not even come close to a million. I really hope I'm wrong but this being a Nintendo system and rated M the fan base just isn't there. I'll be surprised if it sells more then 250k tbh. It's way more nitch then persona or even Etrian Odyssey. We can already see this game doesn't appeal much to Fire Emblem fans. This will strictly be a game that Atlus fans end up checking out.

The only way I can even see this game doing well is if Nintendo advertises the crap out of it but that didn't even work for Code Name Steam. I do want it to do well but I just don't see it.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

OmegaMetroid93

I was cautiously optimistic for this game after the first trailer. After the second trailer, I was a little bit disgusted (Robot-singing makes me cover my ears and look away), but after watching the Treehouse Live, I must say I'm very excited for this game. If anyone's on the fence about this, watch the Treehouse Live demo. The entire thing. It does a pretty good job of showcasing the different parts of the game and it might change your mind. It also shows some of the influences from FE and SMT alike.

People need to stop thinking of this game as SMTxFE, since that's clearly not what it is anymore. It's going to be a new Atlus RPG with elements from both FE and SMT. And character appearances from FE as well, although it's not in the way everyone first thought. The game looks interesting and I can't wait to see more! Or actually, at this point, I'd rather just have it come out so I can play it without knowing anything more about it.

OmegaMetroid93

Blast

Spoony_Tech wrote:

This game will surely not even come close to a million. I really hope I'm wrong but this being a Nintendo system and rated M the fan base just isn't there. I'll be surprised if it sells more then 250k tbh. It's way more nitch then persona or even Etrian Odyssey. We can already see this game doesn't appeal much to Fire Emblem fans. This will strictly be a game that Atlus fans end up checking out.

The only way I can even see this game doing well is if Nintendo advertises the crap out of it but that didn't even work for Code Name Steam. I do want it to do well but I just don't see it.

Code Name Steam's situation is different. I'm sure most people thought it just looked boring. Just because Intelligent Systems was behind it... That doesn't mean it can't be boring. The demo didn't sell me on the game at all.

Master of the Hype Train

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.