Forums

Topic: Tokyo Mirage Sessions ♯FE - OT

Posts 301 to 320 of 1,096

CanisWolfred

I'll change the title when NOA stops using Romaji. Seriously, this game is otakuing so hard, they didn't even translate the title.

Anyways, I'm surprised more people here are taking the trailer well (myself included, to a degree). I know over at RPGfan - many of whom are intense Atlus loyalists and anime fans - pretty much had this reaction among all but two posters:

Untitled

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Blast

And lol at Chrom's design.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Spoony_Tech

@CanisWolfred My reaction was quite that bad but it has definitely gone south after that last E3 trailer. Show me some gameplay and that might change.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

whodatninja

CaviarMeths wrote:

whodatninja wrote:

My only complaint is that there seems to be a creepy "little sister" character named Tiki.
No. Just no.

Untitled

Hah! Tomoko may be a creep, but she isn't creepy. If that makes any sense. She's just being herself!

Tomoko Kuroki for Fire Emblem x Persona CONFIRMED!

(In my dreams)

whodatninja

Nintendo Network ID: whodatninja117

moomoo

This game is so ridiculous that I can't help but be into it.

Maybe it's my Vita owner showing. Can't wait to play it. Loved the treehouse presentation.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

Sleepingmudkip

I just watched the game play and I am hyped!

Playing: Wargroove on Switch and Fire Emblem on GBA

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter:

Blast

The Treehouse gameplay for this game is amazing

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

conman2012

This sounds terrible. Its an RPG about music ?

What is going on ? Just get FE out of the title and call it what it is, what ever that may be.

conman2012

nacho_chicken

conman2012 wrote:

What is going on ? Just get FE out of the title and call it what it is, what ever that may be.

Can't take "FE" out of the title when Chrom, Kain, Caeda, and Tiki are main characters.
It's an RPG that seems to be making fun of and/or celebrating Japanese Idol culture. Takes place in Shibuya, from what I saw.

I think that original teaser with the SMT protags was a bad move. Made a lot of people think it was going to be a different game than it is. The battle system looks a lot like Persona 3's, complete with Slash/Strike/Pierce weaknesses and SMT skill names. The "One More" system seems to be replaced with some sort of speed-based turns mechanic.

Edited on by nacho_chicken

Jack of all trades, master of some

Twitter:

DefHalan

nacho_chicken wrote:

conman2012 wrote:

Can't take "FE" out of the title when Chrom, Kain, Caeda, and Tiki are main characters.
It's an RPG that seems to be making fun of and/or celebrating Japanese Idol culture. Takes place in Shibuya, from what I saw.

I think that original teaser with the SMT protags was a bad move. Made a lot of people think it was going to be a different game than it is. The battle system looks a lot like Persona 3's, complete with Slash/Strike/Pierce weaknesses and SMT skill names.

I think this game looks more like combining the two games rather than making a game where the two series interact, a different type of cross-over than what we have seen recently

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Dreamsleep

I didn't know if I would like this game, or even what it would be, after the two initial trailers, and even the E3 2015 trailer. However, after seeing the Treehouse gameplay, this game is Day Zero for me! The battle system is so awesome, and Persona inspired. The Duo attacks are so over the top ridiculous, it makes me smile. I really thought the J-pop elements would kill my interest, but it is so well implemented into the game, it just makes sense. I love the play on words with Performas, replacing Personas.

Cool things to note, are the sub cast, which I think Eleanora, the Archer, was one, increase party size beyond the normal four. The animation seems to be taking advantage of the P4DAN mocap studio Atlus created for that game, as well. Animation, and style, are off the charts! Enemy design is also amazing, which makes sense, it's Atlus.

Edited on by Dreamsleep

Atari 2600, Commodore 64/128, Sega Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, PC, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, Wii, PSP, DSi, PS3, 3DSXL, WiiU

Sleepingmudkip

I knew when people saw the game play that they will love it

Playing: Wargroove on Switch and Fire Emblem on GBA

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter:

MsJubilee

Why is the gameplay of this is so crispy? Damn i want it now! No matter how colorful it looks.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Dreamsleep

TwilightAngel wrote:

Why is the gameplay of this is so crispy? Damn i want it now! No matter how colorful it looks.

I think a lot of people wanted Blade Runner X Crow X Hellraiser, and instead we got Fifth Element X Rocky Horror Picture Show X Flash Gordon, if that makes sense. Lots of color, and style, which is a welcome change.

Atari 2600, Commodore 64/128, Sega Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, PC, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, Wii, PSP, DSi, PS3, 3DSXL, WiiU

Hendesu

TwilightAngel wrote:

Getting it because it's colorful? imao

Some random dude on Nintendo Life.
Toriel left for a while, so Freaky Fred took over her place!
Not changing this part of the signature until Nintendo announces Super Mario Sunshine 2.
[Started 10/31/15]

Nintendo Network ID: DarkSperow

MsJubilee

Sakurai wrote:

TwilightAngel wrote:

When did i say that? I said and i quote"Why is the gameplay of this is so crispy? (Meaning the gameplay looks solid)Damn i want it now! No matter how colorful it looks." And read my other posts on this my opinion on how it looks hasn't changed,i still hate it and i'll get used to it but watching in action. I'm getting now because the gameplay looks awesome. And one more thing i liked you better when you were banned,you were nicer

Edited on by MsJubilee

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

CaviarMeths

Dreamsleep wrote:

TwilightAngel wrote:

I think a lot of people wanted Blade Runner X Crow X Hellraiser, and instead we got Fifth Element X Rocky Horror Picture Show X Flash Gordon, if that makes sense. Lots of color, and style, which is a welcome change.

According to that "what I was expecting / what I got" image, people were apparently expecting Berserk. Because you know both Shin Megami Tensei and Fire Emblem are known for scenes like this.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Hendesu

TwilightAngel wrote:

Sakurai wrote:

TwilightAngel wrote:

When did i say that? I said and i quote cause you can't read "Why is the gameplay of this is so crispy? (Meaning the gameplay looks solid)Damn i want it now! No matter how colorful it looks." And read my other posts on this my opinion on how it looks hasn't changed,i still hate it and i'll get used to it but watching in action. I'm getting now because the gameplay looks awesome. And one more thing i liked you better when you were banned,you were nicer.

I'm always nice! :0

Some random dude on Nintendo Life.
Toriel left for a while, so Freaky Fred took over her place!
Not changing this part of the signature until Nintendo announces Super Mario Sunshine 2.
[Started 10/31/15]

Nintendo Network ID: DarkSperow

MsJubilee

CaviarMeths wrote:

Dreamsleep wrote:

TwilightAngel wrote:

According to that "what I was expecting / what I got" image, people were apparently expecting Berserk. Because you know both Shin Megami Tensei and Fire Emblem are known for scenes like this.

I wasn't expecting something like Berserk,i was expecting characters from both games fighting each other or fighting together. But the colorful pop music they showed a while back,threw me off and i walked away from the game. But like i said many times i'm getting it now because the gameplay looks amazing and maybe i'll get used to the colorfulness the game has maybe.

Dreamsleep

Sakurai wrote:

TwilightAngel wrote:

He said in spite of, actually...not because...

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.