Wii U Forum

Topic: Pikmin 3

Showing 901 to 920 of 1,264

AuthorMessage

WebHead

901. Posted:

As I've said lost interest in Pikmin 2 after the 24th day...but this looks pretty fun.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

902. Posted:

Kewlan wrote:

WingedFish wrote:

Have any of you managed to go to the Pikmin 3 demo GameStop (EB Games) event yesterday/today? If so, what'd ya think? Sadly for me the closest location was half an hour's drive too far.

Mine's closest across the sea.

I would've gone anyway, but my dad didn't want to waste the gas, and I can't drive by myself yet on top of that.

Edited on by WingedSnagret

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

903. Posted:

I did the day early pre-order at GameStop. They give you the code through your Power Up Rewards account, to your e-mail.

I was buying the game as digital anyway, so the day early thing was a bonus.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

PloXyZeRO

904. Posted:

What a disappointment..I just wasted money on gas to drive to La Crescenta just to find out that the particular Gamestop I went to was only doing the demo on Saturday and not today. The website said Saturday AND Sunday! I didn't have enough money (or time) to drive to the next nearest Gamestop...oh well

Looks like I'm going to wait two more weeks to play :(

MrSRArter wrote:

Nintendo is rich while Detroit is bankrupt. They could use Detroit make a real Nintendo Land theme park.

3DS Friend Code: 3325-2132-3153 | Nintendo Network ID: PloXyZeRO | Twitter: ContraParadox

AuthorMessage

K964

905. Posted:

I drove about an hour to the nearest participating store, and I think it was worth it. I got to try out Pikmin 3, play Mario & Luigi Dream Team, get make plenty of streetpasses, and I got free stuff like a DK bag, and some Pikmin patches! The Pikmin demo was that challenge mode level they've been showing off since last year, but it had co-op, so one person could use the Wii Remote Plus and another could use the Gamepad. I got to try out both and I definitely prefer the Wii Remote because of the easier aiming. The new controls took a little while to get used to, since the D-Pad now lets you doge instead of controlling the camera or directing the pikmin. If you've been following the game, you might know that you can now lock onto things with Z and swarm them by shaking the nunchuck. You know switch the type of Pikmin you'll throw next with C and you disband your Pikmin with a shake of the nunchuck without being locked on to something. By locking onto things, you can see their names and I'm happy to say that the different fruits have funny names again (ex: a lemon is called a "Mouth Wrinkler"). Over all I had a marvelous time and I'm definitely getting the games I demoed on day one!

"Good. Everyone's together. Pyrrhon loves a party."
"...It's funny because marriage is terrible!"
If you know the origin of both of those quotes, then you're awesome!

AuthorMessage

PloXyZeRO

906. Posted:

^I feel even worse now than when I drove all the way to Gamestop for nothing..but sounds like you had fun! At least YOUR Gamestop had the demo on Sunday like it was SUPPOSED TO.
Also what do you mean by you got free Pikmin patches? I'm kind of confused

MrSRArter wrote:

Nintendo is rich while Detroit is bankrupt. They could use Detroit make a real Nintendo Land theme park.

3DS Friend Code: 3325-2132-3153 | Nintendo Network ID: PloXyZeRO | Twitter: ContraParadox

AuthorMessage

K964

907. Posted:

Patches to iron onto clothes or other fabrics. The Nintendo rep. had the patches that he was giving away on his shirt.

"Good. Everyone's together. Pyrrhon loves a party."
"...It's funny because marriage is terrible!"
If you know the origin of both of those quotes, then you're awesome!

AuthorMessage

Aviator

908. Posted:

Played this at PAX.

It was a lot of fun.

I don't like to boast, but our truffles are the most, mad magical in Amsterdam.
PSN: naviator_9

AuthorMessage

Spanjard

909. Posted:

I can't wait till friday! This game is going to be so much fun.

Spanjard

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

AuthorMessage

Phatosaurus

910. Posted:

I'm gearing up to blow the dust off my WiiU by the end of the week.

3DS: 3840-6043-8686
WiiU: Phatosaurus

AuthorMessage

KingJoonToon

911. Posted:

This is why i love the Nintendo community, the enthusiasm shown for the games is brilliant! I haven't played any of the previous in the series, but the enthusiasm being shown is getting me interested and getting me looking at videos! :D

PS3 Super Slim 500GB - FIFA 14, GTA V, Assassins Creed IV, Batman Arkham Origins, Uncharted 3, FarCry 3, Battlefield 3
PS Vita - 32GB, WiFi, Metal Gear Solid HD Collection, Doctor Who: The Eternity Clock, Doodle God, Little Big Planet Vita, Killzone Mercenary, Rayman Legends, The Walking Dead S1

3DS Friend Code: 1134-7764-2499 | Nintendo Network ID: KingJoonToon | Twitter: GamingWhovian

AuthorMessage

Phatosaurus

912. Posted:

KingJoonToon wrote:

This is why i love the Nintendo community, the enthusiasm shown for the games is brilliant! I haven't played any of the previous in the series, but the enthusiasm being shown is getting me interested and getting me looking at videos! :D

It's hard not to be enthusiastic, it's the WiiU's first "big" game that we've all been waiting on.
We want this to be great and to justify the WiiU game draught, don't we?

3DS: 3840-6043-8686
WiiU: Phatosaurus

AuthorMessage

SphericalCrusher

913. Posted:

Was at Wal-mart with my son yesterday and we watched the trailer on the WiiU kiosk a couple of times. Cannot wait for this title!

SphericalCrusher

Twitter: th3crush3r

AuthorMessage

banacheck

914. Posted:

I've just seen my first Wii U ad here in the UK, usually it's 3DS ads. And guess what the game being advertise was Pikmin3. I have mountain of dust to get through to find my Wii U, before i can play Pikmin3 this week lol.

banacheck

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

915. Posted:

I'm still annoyed by the fact that we get it over a week after the rest of the world does. :p

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

Ryno

916. Posted:

The dust on the console comments are still as funny now as they were in 2008.

What Would Duane Do?
“I’m just about that action, boss"
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

KingDunsparce

917. Posted:

WingedFish wrote:

I'm still annoyed by the fact that we get it over a week after the rest of the world does. :p

Same with Mario & Luigi: Dream Team... Oh well, I've got Earthbound to keep me busy for a while :P

Edited on by KingDunsparce

"I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!" ―Cave Johnson
Join the Chit-Chat Crew! :P
Behold: My Sparceloggery
Needs more Dunsparce. Much better

3DS Friend Code: 2938-6384-0441 | Nintendo Network ID: Pikminsi

AuthorMessage

Mizore

918. Posted:

Ryno wrote:

Not really...they got old years ago. lol

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
"If I find out that you're lying to me, I will stalk you...then freeze you solid.".

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

919. Posted:

Erica_Hartmann wrote:

Ryno wrote:

I think he was being sarcastic.

Though unlike the entire middle section of the Wii's lifespan, it's at least a justified comment.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

Ryno

920. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Erica_Hartmann wrote:

Ryno wrote:

I think he was being sarcastic.

Though unlike the entire middle section of the Wii's lifespan, it's at least a justified comment.

Yeah, Slider was right though admittedly I should have made some type of reference to my attempt at sarcasm.

What Would Duane Do?
“I’m just about that action, boss"
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo