Wii U Forum

Topic: Pikmin 3

Showing 861 to 880 of 1,320

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

861. Posted:

PloXyZeRO wrote:

Can anyone explain the final boss to me (in spoiler tags)? I don't really understand what it's supposed to be

I wouldn't know since I haven't seen it (and I intend to keep it that way).

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

KingDunsparce

862. Posted:

WingedFish wrote:

PloXyZeRO wrote:

Can anyone explain the final boss to me (in spoiler tags)? I don't really understand what it's supposed to be

I wouldn't know since I haven't seen it (and I intend to keep it that way).

Same. In fact, I haven't watched any of the recent gameplay videos since E3 so I can be super surprised. :)

"I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!" ―Cave Johnson
Join the Chit-Chat Crew! :P
Behold: My Sparceloggery
Needs more Dunsparce. Much better

3DS Friend Code: 2938-6384-0441 | Nintendo Network ID: Pikminsi

AuthorMessage

PloXyZeRO

863. Posted:

I know...I didn't want to spoil it for myself either but I saw it in my related videos! I was weak.. and clicked it
All I'll say is that it makes Titan Dweevil look like a joke :p

MrSRArter wrote:

Nintendo is rich while Detroit is bankrupt. They could use Detroit make a real Nintendo Land theme park.

3DS Friend Code: 3325-2132-3153 | Nintendo Network ID: PloXyZeRO | Twitter: ContraParadox

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

864. Posted:

PloXyZeRO wrote:

I know...I didn't want to spoil it for myself either but I saw it in my related videos! I was weak.. and clicked it
All I'll say is that it makes Titan Dweevil look like a joke :p

Just because you spoiled it yourself doesn't mean you can drop hints! :p :p :p

But at least as far as I've seen, GameXplain practically has all the spoilers, so I warn the rest of you to avoid them. Thankfully I have only seen the first full day and a couple random snippets, most of which consisted of areas and creatures that have already been shown.

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

AuthorMessage

PloXyZeRO

865. Posted:

Sorry! I won't say anything else about it

I wonder how long it will take before someone discovers Totaka's song in the game!
When I get the game Aug. 4, and if no one has found it yet, I'm just going to sit through literally every menu for about 5 minutes in hopes of finding it

MrSRArter wrote:

Nintendo is rich while Detroit is bankrupt. They could use Detroit make a real Nintendo Land theme park.

3DS Friend Code: 3325-2132-3153 | Nintendo Network ID: PloXyZeRO | Twitter: ContraParadox

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

866. Posted:

@PloXyZeRO Pretty much the rest of the world will have the game about a week before we will (for some incredibly frustrating reason), so there's no doubt it'll be discovered by then; especially if you put the Internet into account...

AuthorMessage

Kewlan

867. Posted:

I'm one of those who will get it 26th!
Also, whatever you do: Do NOT post any spoilers in this thread, if you do you'll be hated for the rest of your life.

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

868. Posted:

@Kewlan Even though I actually made this thread, I plan on completely avoiding it once the game comes out everywhere (except here obviously).

AuthorMessage

CrimsonFire

869. Posted:

I really dont know if i should get this.There are so many other games I'm going to want,Like Pokemon,Sonic,Rayman,Wonderful 101,definitely both Zeldas.I really just dont know.

Weirdness
Crimsonloggery
ADVENTURE TIME!!!!!!
Bring Digimon 3DS Game to Europe and America
CUCUMBERS

AuthorMessage

Kewlan

870. Posted:

@CrimsonFire13 Gotta catch em' all, right?

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

AuthorMessage

SuperJoon

871. Posted:

I have never played this game before, can someone explain the concept to me of what the game is about?

SuperJoon

Nintendo Network ID: Joon84 | Twitter: XboxSuperJoon

AuthorMessage

PloXyZeRO

872. Posted:

KingJoonToon wrote:

I have never played this game before, can someone explain the concept to me of what the game is about?

I'll try to keep this short (EDIT: Looks like I didn't do a good job at that. Lol. tl;dr on bottom)

In story mode, you play as three characters who land on a planet called PNF-404 I believe, which is supposed to resemble Earth. Their goal is to collect food to stop starvation on their home planet Koppai (hope I didn't spell that wrong!). On the planet they land on, they meet these creatures called Pikmin, which they control to help them defeat obstacles and enemies, and complete their goal of collecting enough food to bring back home.

You can control up to 100 Pikmin at once. There are five types in story mode, each with different abilities to get past different obstacles, and kill enemies effectively.

STORY MODE PIKMIN TYPES
Red - Fireproof Pikmin that have a higher attack power than other Pikmin. 1.5x or 2x attack power, I forget....something along those lines. Other Pikmin types will burn when they touch fire, and are a little bit weaker.
Blue - Waterproof Pikmin that won't drown in water. Other Pikmin types will drown in the water. If a blue Pikmin is nearby, it will throw a drowning Pikmin to dry land.
Yellow - Resistant to electricity and will not die when electrocuted. Other Pikmin types died IMMEDIATELY in past games in electrocuted, but I heard that they are simply knocked back in Pikmin 3, however. I can't confirm this though because I haven't seen any footage of that happening. They can also be thrown higher than other Pikmin types. Yellow Pikmin were also the only types of Pikmin that could carry rocks in the original game, but I think more Pikmin types can carry them in Pikmin 3 now.
Winged (Pink) - They can fly! I really don't know what other special characteristics they have..I don't know too much about them
Rock (Gray) - Rock Pikmin are well...rocks. They can break crystal walls, and they bounce off of enemies with a hard hit rather than clinging on to them like other Pikmin. They also cannot be crushed by rocks, or something like a Wollywog.

OTHER PIKMIN TYPES (Not in story mode, but in challenge mode)
(I'm just going to list their Pikmin 2 traits, because I don't know if they have changed in this game at all)
White - White Pikmin are the fastest, but weakest Pikmin types. They are immune to poison, while other Pikmin will suffocate from inhaling poison. They themselves are also poisonous, and will take away a big chunk of health from enemies that eat them. White Pikmin can also find items that are completely buried underground, unlike other Pikmin
Purple - Purple have 10 times the weight and have 10 times the strength of other Pikmin. They are the slowest Pikmin types. Their attack power is just normal, however, not 10 times more. One purple Pikmin can carry an item that would normally require 10 Pikmin to carry, and one could crush an obstacle that would normally require 10 Pikmin to crush. Purple Pikmin also stun enemies when they are thrown on or near them, which gave them the label of being the "cheap" Pikmin!

White and Purple Pikmin could only be created from candy pop buds (flowers), unlike other Pikmin types which can be created when pellets are taken to their onion. I'm not going to explain this completely, but white and purple Pikmin are harder to obtain, in other words (at least in Pikmin 2). I don't know what the case is in Pikmin 3.

With the various Pikmin types, you must overcome obstacles and enemies with as much efficiency as possible. Pikmin is a great game like no other! It's essentially a cute, real-time action strategy puzzle adventure game, but is pretty morbid when you think about it.

Now, there are also two other modes besides story mode: mission (challenge) mode and bingo battle (versus) mode.
Both of these modes support two player multiplayer, but bingo battle requires it. In challenge mode, you either have to collect as many fruit and other items as fast as possible under a time limit, or kill as many enemies as you can under a time limit. In bingo battle, each player is given a 4x4 bingo card with various items on it. The two players must collect the items that will score them a four-in-a-row on their bingo card to win.

tl;dr You control Pikmin to kill, build, destroy, and collect stuff.

Edited on by PloXyZeRO

MrSRArter wrote:

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

873. Posted:

So I'm guessing Bulbmin aren't in this one huh? :c

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage

moomoo

874. Posted:

KingJoonToon wrote:

It's an RTS that doesn't feel like an RTS. Watch a video and you'll see what I mean.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

AuthorMessage

BandG

875. Posted:

I haven't even played this game yet and I want another Pikmin already. Also Miyamoto has said that Pikmin does take place on Earth, after Humans cease to exist (kinda dark really). I really wish Miyamoto would elaborate on the extinction of man, and would show us some once civilized areas, but I suppose that's just wishful thinking. :D Before Pikmin 3 was released in Japan I thought Pikmin 3 would be the last Pikmin game for a while, but with the high sales and reviews I could be wrong. Let's hope this one is great! :P

Super Smash Bros. Can't Wait!

Nintendo Network ID: Waterwraith

AuthorMessage

PloXyZeRO

876. Posted:

North American site is live
http://pikmin3.nintendo.com/

I really wish I found this site before I typed my novel of a post...
@KingJoonToon , check it out for all the info you need!

Edited on by PloXyZeRO

MrSRArter wrote:

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

877. Posted:

I think DazzReviews was right when he said Charlie is probably going to be the comic relief. Apparently the website says he carries a rubber ducky around with him during every mission for good luck. XD

Also, it says that Yellow Pikmin are excellent diggers, so they will presumably take over the White's role of uncovering underground items since they are only in challenge/bingo mode (along with Purples)?

Edited on by WingedSnagret

AuthorMessage

MasterWario

878. Posted:

WingedFish wrote:

I think DazzReviews was right when he said Charlie is probably going to be the comic relief. Apparently the website says he carries a rubber ducky around with him during every mission for good luck. XD

Ah yes, the big muscular guy who has all these odd little quirks about him. He'll fit in well.

Shulk! HOORAY! Now if they just add King K. Rool, the game will be complete.
My Pushmo Levels
My Crashmo Levels
My Colors! 3D Gallery
Bogmire sprite by A.J. Nitro

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371

AuthorMessage

KingDunsparce

879. Posted:

PloXyZeRO wrote:

North American site is live
http://pikmin3.nintendo.com/

I really wish I found this site before I typed my novel of a post...
@KingJoonToon , check it out for all the info you need!

Hurray! It has amazing desktop wallpapers! :3

"I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!" ―Cave Johnson
Join the Chit-Chat Crew! :P
Behold: My Sparceloggery
Needs more Dunsparce. Much better

3DS Friend Code: 2938-6384-0441 | Nintendo Network ID: Pikminsi

AuthorMessage

Orngeblu

880. Posted:

KingJoonToon wrote:

You sir...have no childhood.

Nah, I'm just messin' with you. Someone already explained it anyways... >_>

Edited on by Orngeblu

Brawl Friend Code: 3395-4738-9505
I also have a 3DS and Wii U.

<3 Smash Bros.

Nintendo Network ID: Orngeblu