Forums

Topic: Nintendo X EVO 2016

Posts 21 to 27 of 27

LzWinky

But you can't play Villager in Melee, therefore it is terrible

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Smash_kirby

hopefully they will include all the DLC fighters in the Smash 4 tournament.

Smash_kirby

DefHalan

@martinskrtel37: People can keep playing Melee, never said they should stop. I just think more attention should be placed on Smash 4. Melee gets a lot of attention. I don't know how many games that are that old get as much attention as Melee. I am tired of it. I would rather watch Smash 4 than watch Melee. I am not furious about anything. I just don't want to watch Melee anymore and all the attention it gets puts Smash 4 more in the shadows. It is just a personal thing for me. You can like Melee as much as you want, maybe as much as mt brother, but that isn't going to make me like it more. I like Smash 4 more, so I want it to get more attention. Again, not telling others what to think, just stating my opinion

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Jazzer94

@DefHalan: Your post is kind of dumb (not implying you are) as no one is forcing you to watch Melee or any other fighting game of sorts, if what you want to see is Sm4sh then just watch that.
Edit: Basically you can't change the fact people find Melee In general more entertaining to watch.

Edited on by Jazzer94

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

DefHalan

@Jazzer94: so it is stupid to want the game I like to get more attention than a game that is 15 years old that I have become bored of?

People can keep enjoying Melee, I am not going to stop them. Just like people can continue to enjoy MOBA's competitive gameplay. In my opinion, I just don't think having matches that are so fast, or have so much happening that you can barely keep up is a good thing. And, also in my opinion, I don't think Melee can stick around for another 15 years and continuing to ignore future installments of the series will overall hurt that series future.

I guess I should have just been more careful about my original post. I forgot saying "in my opinion" on the internet translates to, "come and attack me"

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

martinskrtel37

at least you are replying and discussing your position, that is respectable, much better than the morons who post once, saying they wish a competitive gaming scene would die, for absolutely no reason, and then not backing it up (because they can't).

i just question your angle that melee is some superhuman too hard to follow game. it's nothing compared to MOBAs, which i agree, are so boring, there's so much you have to know before going in. i don't feel melee has that but i guess you do. you made generalisations like "99% of matches are boring" (wouldn't you find the 20-100th ranked players more interesting because they're that slight bit slower and thus easier to follow?) and that the same few characters are used but i think the scene's extremely diverse. all the sheik's play differently, all the marth's play differently, every player has a different style and no other game shows it like melee, fighter or otherwise. anyone who has played the game surely marvels at what you can do in it, what other game allows you such precise control over a character, honestly?

who do you think smash 4 should get more attention from exactly? i don't think melee gets a lot of attention. every day, every week, every month for over a decade the melee communities around the world have busted their asses to let it be known that they have a game and it's the greatest and they want everyone to see it. where they got today is through nothing but the hardest work. smash 4 has much, much more attention PLACED on it then melee but melee overall is still more popular because what matters most? what PEOPLE WANT, not what the corporations dictate. smash 4 is spoiled rotten, look at the publicity it's had in it's short life. i don't know how it could get any more attention. it's instantly up there with melee in terms of huge popularity right now - it instantly took brawl out of the picture and nintendo wiped project m out of the competitive scene. 64 is the third game, smash 4 is the second game, melee is on top - that happened very quickly, a year ago we had 5 games in the scene now we have 3. smash 4 gets an amazing amount of attention so i don't understand that angle.

Octane wrote:

everyone needs to relax and enjoy the games that are released today and stop worrying what Nintendo will do in a year or two from now.

3DS Friend Code: 0130-1906-5039 | Nintendo Network ID: martinskrtel37

TromboneGamer

Nintendo can do what it wants as long as it doesn't directly undermine melee. It's a good thing they understand that spectating fighting games has become a big thing in recent years and is growing at a steady pace. People really hate that they take advantage of their position as a sponsor to advertise Smash 4 and other games as well, but ya know, they're a sponsor, what do you expect? It is unfortunate that they booted Project M presumably behind the scenes though. The PMDT really tried to keep it alive but eventually they cracked beneath the pressure. My theory is that Nintendo would have eventually issued a strict C&D on the mod, but wanted to avoid that to protect themselves from severe backlash (which they probably would have recovered from easily). Melee probably doesn't have to worry about its place on the big stage for now, being an official Nintendo game, but as the years go on it wouldn't be a stretch for Nintendo to flex it's strength again. As for Pokken, well, I'm not particularly interested in the game, but if it does well good for it.

Edited on by TromboneGamer

My Twitch

3DS Friend Code: 5412-9902-3413 | Nintendo Network ID: TromboneGamer | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.