Wii U Forum

Topic: Ninten-Does What Others Don't!

Showing 21 to 40 of 133

AuthorMessage
Avatar

AlexSays

21. Posted:

Pretty sure he meant as in VC games. As in GC games could be downloaded. Not that 3DS games look like NES and Gameboy games.

AlexSays

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

22. Posted:

As much as people like to throw around the word fanboy, some people just don't like PS games at all.
I'd rather play Super Mario 3D World than inFamous: Second Son any day. Same thing goes for Mario Kart 8 vs. Drive Club.

So ya, people can have an opinion that Sony's first party rivals Nintendo's but other people don't even consider Sony's games much of games at all.

I went back to Uncharted 2 the other day(yes, I own a PS3), and that game doesn't compare to Gears of War at all gameplay wise, IMO, even if the characters can't jump, or the setting isn't earth.
I don't care how much a game is "dudebro", I'm gonna end up playing the games I think have the better gameplay, and that game never comes from Sony.

Just my $0.02.

EDIT: The fanboy argument can work either way, so it doesn't actually ever make a point.

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

23. Posted:

Nah brah its not even a fanboy thing. I've only had a 360 and a Wii this past Gen and i'll admt that SOny's first party is on par if not better than Nintenod's based on a few factors.

-Output
-Scores
-IP

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

AlexSays

24. Posted:

In the event Scar is trying to knock anything I've said, I didn't throw around the fanboy term.

gilvelez1 wrote:

to us fanboys that are eager to see what our beloved videogame company is up to.

AlexSays

AuthorMessage
Avatar

gilvelez1

25. Posted:

@8BitSamurai
You can be that guy lol

  • nintendo didn't drop motion - its integrated into the gamepad and you can also use your wii remotes.
    Vita and Smartglass - the FACT that their respective companies are trying to incorporate second screen gaming into their "next gen" games is a pure rip off to THE BIG N
    mention of naughtydog insomniac etc.- really? I like naughtydog I will say that. But really??? Name one franchise either one of them produced that has been more succesful financially then those on any nintendo platform?
    Sony themselves has no classics unless you mean GOW? ICO?
    Good yeah but classics? And you can count their "classics" on one hand
    @Alexsays - what are you saying? Rational discussion?
    Nintendo fan yes
    Overall game fan yes. Fan of many developers and systems.
    I think I'm entitled to share my thoughts on the big N on a NINTENDOLIFE SITE!?!?!?

gilvelez1

Nintendo Network ID: gvelez3

AuthorMessage
Avatar

AlexSays

26. Posted:

You can share your thoughts anywhere, even the moon

When you identify as a Nintendo fanboy some of us don't worry about rationally trying to compare systems. No matter how many critically acclaimed games Sony has, you guys will still stereotype them as being nothing but shooters void of originality.

I'm okay with your view being slanted, and letting me know in advance is convenient because then I don't have to bother trying. I appreciate the fact you're not like other people on here, which claim everything about Sony sucks, everything about Nintendo is awesome, and then they claim they are perfectly not biased. lol

Sony_70 wrote:

Actually Sony showed off the first concept of remote play with the PSP back in 2006. The PSP can be used as a rearrview mirror for GT5 irrc.

Likewise the concept for smartglass was a concept shown off in demo form in 2009 when kinct came out and the following year when Halo Reach had a companion app that was a precursor to smartglass.

So before you say any one is copying please do proper research.

I thought Nintendo invented everything and everyone else just copies them? I have been lied to!

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

WaLzgi

27. Posted:

Well I'm almost a fanboy, but I mostly hate Sony for my experience with them and the PS3. I don't really care about Microsoft either way

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

28. Posted:

@gilvelez1

Actually Sony showed off the first concept of remote play with the PSP back in 2006. The PSP can be used as a rearrview mirror for GT5 irrc.

Likewise the concept for smartglass was a concept shown off in demo form in 2009 when kinct came out and the following year when Halo Reach had a companion app that was a precursor to smartglass.

So before you say any one is copying please do proper research.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

8BitSamurai

29. Posted:

gilvelez1 wrote:

@8BitSamurai
You can be that guy lol

  • nintendo didn't drop motion - its integrated into the gamepad and you can also use your wii remotes.
    Vita and Smartglass - the FACT that their respective companies are trying to incorporate second screen gaming into their "next gen" games is a pure rip off to THE BIG N
    mention of naughtydog insomniac etc.- really? I like naughtydog I will say that. But really??? Name one franchise either one of them produced that has been more succesful financially then those on any nintendo platform?
    Sony themselves has no classics unless you mean GOW? ICO?
    Good yeah but classics? And you can count their "classics" on one hand
    @Alexsays - what are you saying? Rational discussion?
    Nintendo fan yes
    Overall game fan yes. Fan of many developers and systems.
    I think I'm entitled to share my thoughts on the big N on a NINTENDOLIFE SITE!?!?!?

1)You can use the Wii remotes, but since they're basically optional, most games will not readily include the functionality. The motion control on the gamepad is limited, just due to the concept of the controller in general.
2) How does optional features utilizing completely optional devices for some games count as a pure rip-off?
3) Crash Bandicoot - 6.8 million, Ratchet and Clank: Tools of Destruction - 1.25 million, LittleBigPlanet - 3 million. Irregardless of their success compared to Nintendo franchises, those all count as successes in my book (and to Sony's bank accounts)
4) The games are of rivaling quality, they simply are not as old and don't have the "classic" status
5) You are allowed to share your thoughts on Nintendo on Nintendo Life (unless they've changed the community rules), but most people prefer it when people back up their opinions with at least some sort of tangible evidence.

Edited on by 8BitSamurai

Official "rare download" assistant
Best YT show here!
Currently playing: Phantasy Star II, No More Heroes, Persona 2: IS, Ys 1
Recently beat: Final Fight, Spec Ops TL, King of Dragons
Favorite games: Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VII, Symphony of the Night, Dragon Quest VIII, Tales of the Abyss

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Midnight3DS

30. Posted:

A thread like this has insecurity and bitter apples all over it.

3DS Friend Code: 5129-0855-7142 ID = Midnight

AC:NL Mayor Jambo, town of Hamneggs

AuthorMessage
Avatar

gilvelez1

31. Posted:

@alexsays - sounds good lol
I don't have hate towards any system. I have had all of them at one time in my life. I am a gamer at core. Truthfully I am getting PS4 for one reason (and I'm sure i will enjoy it afterwards) and that's for METAL GEAR SOLID 5 - probably the greatest story in a game PERIOD.

@8BitSamurai - you said it yourself - none of their games are "classic" status due to their youth compared to the BIG N.
good games btw
I was HOOKED on LBP!
@Sony_70 - the only reason sony exist in the gaming industry is due to NINTENDO. thats facts look it up
Also your psp proof - Nintendo did that with Gamecube and Gameboy!
Thank you!

gilvelez1

Nintendo Network ID: gvelez3

AuthorMessage
Avatar

8BitSamurai

32. Posted:

gilvelez1 wrote:

I don't have hate towards any system. I have had all of them at one time in my life. I am a gamer at core. Truthfully I am getting PS4 for one reason (and I'm sure i will enjoy it afterwards) and that's for METAL GEAR SOLID 5 - probably the greatest story in a game PERIOD.

Er, if that's your only reason for buying it, it's going to be on the PS3 and 360. Just some friendly advice.

gilvelez1 wrote:

@8BitSamurai - you said it yourself - none of their games are "classic" status due to their youth compared to the BIG N.
good games btw

You just took what I said and twisted it around. It doesn't matter if they're not "classics" because they haven't had the age to build legacy, but the quality of the games rivals Nintendo's classics.

Official "rare download" assistant
Best YT show here!
Currently playing: Phantasy Star II, No More Heroes, Persona 2: IS, Ys 1
Recently beat: Final Fight, Spec Ops TL, King of Dragons
Favorite games: Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VII, Symphony of the Night, Dragon Quest VIII, Tales of the Abyss

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

33. Posted:

@gilvelez1

How does that invalidate any thing about SOny's first party being on par with nintendos.How they entered the gaming indusrty means nothing in the context. Sony also went to Nintendo first and would have enter the gaming market regardless.

So now your shifting goal posts to suit your argument. You said that Sony and Microsoft bit off the Wii U not the Game boy Advance cable.

Also the term classic is relative. The PS1 was my first console so a majority of those PS1 and PS2 franchises are classics in my eyes.

Edited on by shingi_70

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

gilvelez1

34. Posted:

@8BitSamurai -
:)
I thought it'd be funny to twist that around! ;)

gilvelez1

Nintendo Network ID: gvelez3

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WingedSnagret

35. Posted:

Eh, I really don't have anything important to say for this done to death topic, so I'll just post a random video for no reason whatsoever.

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage
Avatar

gilvelez1

36. Posted:

@Sony_70
Oh well then we're still back to the point in case - they are biting off the WiiU now with second screen gaming! (You can't get any clearer than that)
You brought up the psp ?
And your demo comparison of microsoft smartglass is not the same- second screen gaming / using had already been going on with Nintendo products (since we're bringing in other products in the convo ala DS)
And your first system was PS1 which explains everything.
YOURE TOO YOUNG TO UNDERSTAND WHAT OR WHO NINTENDO EVEN IS

gilvelez1

Nintendo Network ID: gvelez3

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

37. Posted:

Isn't that bannable. But it is the year of Luigi.

Anywho despite people liking the Nintendo Directs I think Sony is much better at talking ad marketing to its fanbase.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

EdJericho

38. Posted:

gilvelez1 wrote:

Bunch of jealousy going on. Hate. Lol
Nintendo leads the industry in innovation...
Revolutionized gaming..
Examples: motion controls - later followed by and imitated by sony with move and microsoft with kinect

Yeah... about that....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PtoxKDcCXc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mheOtyWNjV0

Edited on by EdJericho

PS3 / 360 / Wii U - EdJericho

3DS Friend Code: 4468-1047-3876 | Nintendo Network ID: EdJericho

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

39. Posted:

gilvelez1 wrote:

@Sony_70
Oh well then we're still back to the point in case - they are biting off the WiiU now with second screen gaming! (You can't get any clearer than that)
You brought up the psp ?
And your demo comparison of microsoft smartglass is not the same- second screen gaming / using had already been going on with Nintendo products (since we're bringing in other products in the convo ala DS)
And your first system was PS1 which explains everything.
YOURE TOO YOUNG TO UNDERSTAND WHAT OR WHO NINTENDO EVEN IS

WHat does being too young to understand Nintendo even mean.

Your using shaky reasoning to try and refute my points. How isn't my microsoft demo the same ffs its second screen gaming by the pure and simple definition of the term.

ow are they biting off a concept when they showed conceptual and retail software of the same variety once the Wii U came out.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

gilvelez1

40. Posted:

Because you started with PS1
There's a large generational gap between us.
You don't have the same love or appreciation towards N because you weren't there to be apart of foundation that todays market is built on.
Nintendo brought gaming back to us after the crash of Atari.
They continue to create or redefine the rules.
On another note-
I concede to our debate on secondscreen tech
That's fine
The big N is doing it tho.
And unless you own a wiiu you don't understand its potential.

gilvelez1

Nintendo Network ID: gvelez3

Sorry, this topic has been locked.