Gamecubed

Shy_Guy

Awesome! I'm gonna update it now!

Shy_Guy

Nintendo Network ID: Sparty84 | Twitter:

kereke12

Where's 3DS??

LONG LIVE NINTENDO

Switch Friend Code: sw-4699-3487-8963 | My Nintendo: kereke12 | Nintendo Network ID: Kereke12

shingi_70

Will be interesting too see the alerts used next week at E3.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

JCnator

I toyed a little bit with the new firmware, and here are my early impressions.
The Quick Start Menu is a great idea, but it doesn't reach its full potential. First off, why there's no more than 10 apps displayed? A maximum of 30 would be fine for me. Second, there's no way to manually pin down a game without having to boot it from Wii U Menu. I don't want to worry about having some of my most played games being kicked out if I ever decide to have some kind of gaming marathon through several titles that won't be played afterwards. At least, I now know that Mario Kart 8 will be always accessible from my Quick Start Menu!
The user select menu is more reminiscent of Xbox 360's. Felt less empty and bland than before. Also, hooray for being able to modify NNID parameters directly via Wii U Menu without having to wait even longer!
I'm glad that the notification icon is now a part of the HOME Menu rather than being a separate app. Before the update, you needed to go back on Wii U Menu and hit that icon to access this app. Exiting it also takes forever. Did I mention that the HOME menu suddenly became different?
Friend List is also improved, as you no longer have to hit a friend's slot to reveal its message; it will automatically pop up randomly on every 2-3 seconds.

JCnator

SCRAPPER392

3DSfan134 wrote:

Now I just feel empty that you guys got the new update but I don't since my gamepad doesn't work.

Just send it in. I had to send mine in, too, because the left joystick was being all glitchy. It sucks, but it has to be done. If your warranty is still valid, that's the best way to go.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

SCRAPPER392

@3DSfan134
I saw the thread. I still think you're better off sending it in to Nintendo, if your warraty is still in effect. If your warranty is expired, it might be worth a shot, otherwise I wouldn't reccomend it.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Jazzer94

3DSfan134 wrote:

@SCAR392 What I should really do is unscrew the gamepad's back and pushing down the black lock then done. This is what I'm talking about which this is the same problem @Moorpheel had.
Untitled

You what I did when my gamepad touch screen stopped responding I sent it to Nintendo for repairs as I was still in warranty, maybe you should do that to instead of taking it apart and potentially voiding your warranty in the process.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

afro_insomniac

Love the update but as another user mentioned it would have been nice to be able to customize your quick boot apps instead of them being streamlined to only your most recent apps. For example say I need to get into the settings app for one thing... well now it will bump another app out of the quick boot menu even though I don't plan on using the settings app again.

Still it's a great addition to system and gives a nice bonus function to the gamepad. I can see Nintendo using this feature to offer news updates directly to users in the integrated news feed area on the quick boot screen.

afro_insomniac

MixMasterMudkip

Yea it would have been great if I could lock games to the quick start menu. Luckily, I think the game disc in the system is always there, maybe. I never switched out Mario Kart 8 to see, but I'm assuming it does so that's at least useful.

Friend Code: 5241-2232-9791
Friend Safari is Fire with: Ponyta, Pyroar, Braixan
Mario Kart 8 Tournament: "Rosalina's Booty Cup" Code: 5852-0678-9577

Nintendo Network ID: MixMasterMudkip | Twitter:

MrV4ltor

Quick start isn't working for me :,( I turn off my Wii U, then push the home button on the gamepad, but then it tells me that it'll go to the Wii U menu, because something didn't work. And then it tells me to turn the console off again and to try it a few more times. I've tried it 6-7 times now and the same message keeps popping up over and over again. Did anyone else experience this?

MrV4ltor

Nintendo Network ID: MrValtor | Twitter:

CinnamonRobin

MrV4ltor wrote:

Quick start isn't working for me :,( I turn off my Wii U, then push the home button on the gamepad, but then it tells me that it'll go to the Wii U menu, because something didn't work. And then it tells me to turn the console off again and to try it a few more times. I've tried it 6-7 times now and the same message keeps popping up over and over again. Did anyone else experience this?

Do you mean this message?
Untitled
If so, do what it tells you: turn the Wii U off, wait for a while (until the power light goes from amber to red) and then turn it on again.

CinnamonRobin

MarceloKamui

The update is great and all but.. Weird.. since the update everytime I start up my WiiU, the game pad has some kind of hicups.. But then, after a while it get's normal again.. I heard that some ppl are having problems with this update, one friend of mine got every game on the wiiu internal memory deleted..

Let's play Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate!!! o/

Nintendo Network ID: marcelokamui

bezerker99

How long does the update take to download?

Reason I ask is I'm currently staying in a temporary living space that has no wifi. I can access wifi but only for short amounts of time (my apt is being renovated - I still have WiFi but I'm not living in there atm. I can, however, take my wii u and modem/router in there for a short amount of time and download).....

yokokazuo

@Kodeen yes, you can edit it in your settings. @berzerker99 I think it took roughly half an hour to download, but it will save how much has downloaded if you lose your internet connection when in the middle of downloading it.

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

Gamecubed

@berzerker99 about half an hour or so. My internet cut out halfway through my download. I just restarted it and the download picked up where it left off.

I like the quick start menu. Yeah, it's not perfect, but it gets the job done. I like it. They'll probably refine it over the next few months.It's something that you don't think about, but then when you do, you realize that going to the menu every time is a waste of time. Back in the days of yore you just turned the system on and the game started. So I like this quick start thing. I can go right into Netflix or whatever game I was playing without having to jump through the menu.

@Kodeen yes. Go to your settings and disable it. It was one of the first things I did. I didn't want alerts.

Gamecubed

Turnip

To be completely honest, I don't really understand the point of the Quick Start Menu.

Edited on by Turnip

Cringing is really fun.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.