Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate - OT

Posts 1,141 to 1,160 of 1,519

Spoony_Tech

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

So I forged a great sword. Now I want to forge Dual Blades. If I do that will I never be able to access the great sword again and I'll have to get all the stuff to forge it again if I want to go back to it?

As long as you don't sell it you never lose it and can switch anytime outside of a quest you want.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

SCRAPPER392

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

So I forged a great sword. Now I want to forge Dual Blades. If I do that will I never be able to access the great sword again and I'll have to get all the stuff to forge it again if I want to go back to it?

Manage equipment in item box. You can change there.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

SCRAPPER392

Razalom wrote:

Well for those still trying to work out what Charm Table they are on a new program has been released to help you. Uses the fish hauls.

http://forums.minegarde.com/topic/6821-athenas-fish-finder/

Soooo, we are supposed to look at random boat haul spoils to get an answer? That sounds completely inaccurate. I've already found 4 other charms I can equip on my character, and the one I got first is still better than the other 4 I've found.
I think the cursed tablet thing is BS there's more than one charm in the game. They just start you out with one that possibly may not be that great. So your 'luck' of items you can get can be altered during the game by changing charms, just like any other piece of equipment.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

Aviator

Chrono_Cross wrote:

Tech101 wrote:

Is there as many lobbies as on the wii version more or less??

As far as I'm concerned, more.

Seriously, nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope.

First death online was against a Pink Rathian. Worse than Jho. And Gigginox. I'm so pissed.

I'm scared for the black Lagi. I bet he'll be a OHKO machine.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

Razalom

SCAR392 wrote:

Razalom wrote:

Well for those still trying to work out what Charm Table they are on a new program has been released to help you. Uses the fish hauls.

Soooo, we are supposed to look at random boat haul spoils to get an answer? That sounds completely inaccurate. I've already found 4 other charms I can equip on my character, and the one I got first is still better than the other 4 I've found.
I think the cursed tablet thing is BS there's more than one charm in the game. They just start you out with one that possibly may not be that great. So your 'luck' of items you can get can be altered during the game by changing charms, just like any other piece of equipment.

This has always been the most accurate way to tell and is what the JPN used over the last year on the 3DS version and Wii U since launch. The cursed thing is not BS its all down to how many charms you can possibly get. Normal table you can get up to 21,000 charm, cursed is 800.

Edited on by Razalom

NNID : Razalom (Australia)

BenAV

@Razalom Thanks for the link.
When I checked my fishing table on the old one I thought it told me I was on table 4, but I must have screwed it up because I put five hauls into this and it's narrowed it down to table 1 or table 10.
I'll need to send the boats out again to find out which one, but it looks like I could be on table 10 like I wanted after all.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

SCAR392 wrote:

Razalom wrote:

I hope you're not referring to auto guard as your best one?!?!

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

BenAV

I used that stupid Auto-Guard charm for ages at the start of the game because it takes so long to actually find anything worthwhile.
But then I found one with Evasion +5, and I've been wearing Barioth armour, so that works.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

Void

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

The text is too damn small!

You know the rate of people online that know squat about how to fight monsters?
Untitled

Edited on by Void

I used to travel the stars, then I discovered Earth, and these incredibly addicting things called 'Video Games.'
And they said you couldn't buy happiness!

Psylumin

ShadJV wrote:

So every time I use goldenfish bait, ALL the fish scatter. Been trying this for hours, just trying to figure out how this bait works. Does anyone have tips?

Ah yes, this really bothered me in the beginning, but here is the problem.
You are too close to the water. Since the golden fishes are so close to the beach, you often accidentally step in there and scare the fishes.
The trick is to be on the beach, but close to the water. Try adjusting your distance a little, and I hope it will work then!

[Edit] Just noticed this was posted an eternity ago. Sorry about that.

Edited on by Psylumin

Psylumin

Spoony_Tech

@Retro_on_theGo Ha Ha Ha!!! You don't. Have fun not being lazy!

MERG said:

SCRAPPER392

Tech101 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Razalom wrote:

I hope you're not referring to auto guard as your best one?!?!

Actually I am. How did you guess? It says autoguard at +10, while the other ones say +3 or +4, and that's lower than the highest, which is 10.
I really don't get how it works, and why it shoukd matter, but I have 4 other charms waiting to be changed out if I need them to.

EDIT: I just looked up what autoguard actually means, and I know that it doesn't seem to be doing anything as far as using the great sword goes. Should I seriously use a Heart 4+, Defense 3+, or the other one I can't think of right now that is +3 or 4?

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

BenAV

@Retro_on_theGo Congrats.

@SCAR392 For most skills to become activate at all, you've got to get them up to +10, so unless you can get one of the skills to 10 by putting gems in your weapon slots or something, you're probably better off with sticking with the Auto-Guard one for now.
Later on in the game, you start to acquire better charms that'll have much higher stats, so it's easier to get more good skills onto one equipment set at once.
But that's where the charm tables come in, because the possible charms that can be acquired varies between table to table, and the cursed tables have hardly any good ones at all.
For the most part it doesn't make much difference which table you're on, but for a serious player trying to make a good end game armour set, it can definitely become pretty important.

Edited on by BenAV

BenAV

Retro_on_theGo

Did my first capture quest! That was sort of hard. I killed the Azuros two times by accident. I jumped with excitement when I saw I finally completed the quest! That was the first time I've felt the level of excitement in the full game as I did in the demo hunting the Plesioth. Starting to really like this!
I should try out online soon.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.