Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate - OT

Posts 1,161 to 1,180 of 1,519

Spoony_Tech

BenAV wrote:

@Retro_on_theGo Congrats.

@SCAR392 For most skills to become activate at all, you've got to get them up to +10, so unless you can get one of the skills to 10 by putting gems in your weapon slots or something, you're probably better off with sticking with the Auto-Guard one for now.
Later on in the game, you start to acquire better charms that'll have much higher stats, so it's easier to get more good skills onto one equipment set at once.
But that's where the charm tables come in, because the possible charms that can be acquired varies between table to table, and the cursed tables have hardly any good ones at all.
For the most part it doesn't make much difference which table you're on, but for a serious player trying to make a good end game armour set, it can definitely become pretty important.

More or less its a Noob charm. Nothing wrong with that. Just don't be using it 25+ hours in. Most serious hunters will ask why you're using it. You should know how to guard!!

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

SCRAPPER392

BenAV wrote:

@SCAR392 For most skills to become activate at all, you've got to get them up to +10, so unless you can get one of the skills to 10 by putting gems in your weapon slots or something, you're probably better off with sticking with the Auto-Guard one for now.
Later on in the game, you start to acquire better charms that'll have much higher stats, so it's easier to get more good skills onto one equipment set at once.
But that's where the charm tables come in, because the possible charms that can be acquired varies between table to table, and the cursed tables have hardly any good ones at all.
For the most part it doesn't make much difference which table you're on, but for a serious player trying to make a good end game armour set, it can definitely become pretty important.

I just don't get how inputting a series of loot from the boats would ever determine a 'curse'. The loot is random. Just from the explanation you just gave me, I already know I'm not on a cursed table without even having to do the chart thing, and that's only if it actually exists. They aren't going to deny people content in a game at random.
Where is proof of this hinder in gameplay?

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

SCRAPPER392

@Tech101
I just changed it to defense +4 actually, after I realized it wasn't auto guarding while using the Great Sword, anyway.

EDIT: When I looked up what auto gaurd actually did, I just thought 'it isn't doing anything then', so I've been using a useless charm. I have the Buster Sword+.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

Spoony_Tech

SCAR392 wrote:

BenAV wrote:

I just don't get how inputting a series of loot from the boats would ever determine a 'curse'. The loot is random. Just from the explanation you just gave me, I already know I'm not on a cursed table without even having to do the chart thing, and that's only if it actually exists. They aren't going to deny people content in a game at random.
Where is proof of this hinder in gameplay?

Oh its in there. Don't forget the Japanese have been playing this for about a year now! The fishing is just a way to determine which table you're on. It might make a difference 100 plus hours in if you find out you're on a cursed table!

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

SCAR392 wrote:

@Tech101
I just changed it to defense +4 actually, after I realized it wasn't auto guarding while using the Great Sword, anyway.

It works. You just have to be standing still when the monster hits you! The problem is you rarely stand still so that's why you would block if you can't get out of the way. I use great swords exclusively!

MERG said:

SCRAPPER392

Tech101 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

@Tech101

It works. You just have to be standing still when the monster hits you! The problem is you rarely stand still so that's why you would block if you can't get out of the way. I use great swords exclusively!

Oh I see, so it was useless because I was actually playing the game. Ok, that makes sense... This makes me want to go try auto guard, because I swear it never auto guarded me once while I had it equiped. I just looked up more about the charms, and it's completely possible to get you stats to the max with or without a cursed table. Cursed can get +10 charms, but your weapons will actually be hindered -3 overall. Non cursed can get +5 to +7. So there's always an equip that makes everything equal to my understanding.

Qwest

BenAV

The cursed tables can get some high stat charms, but none of them are anywhere near as good as the best charms from the non-cursed tables.
It's not only about the number, it's gotta be a good skill or it's pretty meaningless.

Also, if you're using that Defense +4 charm, you're gonna need to add another +6 defense (either by armour skills or by gems), otherwise it won't do anything.
It needs to be +10 for a small boost, then +15 for medium and +20 for large.

Edited on by BenAV

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

SCRAPPER392

BenAV wrote:

The cursed tables can get some high stat charms, but none of them are anywhere near as good as the best charms from the non-cursed tables.
It's not only about the number, it's gotta be a good skill or it's pretty meaningless.

Also, if you're using that Defense +4 charm, you're gonna need to add another +6 defense (either by armour skills or by gems), otherwise it won't do anything.
It needs to be +10 for a small boost, then +15 for medium and +20 for large.

Well, what's a good skill to have then? Who figured this table stuff out anyway? It seems completely made up to me. I'm just going to use an attack or defense boost charm. Those can't be that hard to come by regardless of your table.

Qwest

SCRAPPER392

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

When forging armor is -whatever an element good or bad? Like fire -2?
I'm sorry I'm being such a noob right now! .__.

I think a better question would be is there any armor that doesn't have any negative aspects. You only need fire resistance if your fighting a monster that uses fire.

Qwest

BenAV

I've only just got up to where you can start to get some really good charms so I don't have any that great yet, but the best skill on my current equipment is Evasion +2.
As for who figured it out, the Japanese did, as it's been out there for a lot longer.
The tables have always existed in previous Monster Hunter games too, but usually it resets every time you start up the game, rather than you being stuck on one table forever like in 3 Ultimate.

Edited on by BenAV

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

BenAV

@Retro_on_theGo - skills are always bad.
Each set of armour has a - skill as well as a few + skills, but if the - skill is a big problem for you then it's usually pretty easy to get rid of it with gems (or a charm).
Keep in mind that a skill needs to get to +10 or -10 before it even does anything in the first place.

Edited on by BenAV

BenAV

SCRAPPER392

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

So that's bad then? I'm not entirely sure if it means resistance -2 or damage from that element -2. I'm assuming -resistance.

Yes you will take +2 damage.

Is there a boost that reaches to 25 required stat points? If the max is 20+, than the tables really don't matter. Equip an attack +3 on each of your equips, and the level +5 charm will do the rest. Is there a boost at say, 25 or 30?

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

BenAV

Skills always required 10 for the smallest, then some will go up to 15 and then some to 20, nothing higher than that I don't believe.
It's easy enough to get something to +20, but you want to try to get multiple good skills on your armour set if you can.
With a good charm, it's a lot easier to get a few good skills on your set.

BenAV

BenAV

For an example of what I'm talking about, in Tri my charm had Crit. Draw +6 and Perception +10.
I put a few gems onto my equipment which got the Crit. Draw to +10 so that thanks to my gem, I had the Critical Draw skill (great for Greatswords) and the Capture Guru skill (allows you to see when the monster is ready for capture), along with the skills from my armour which were Attack (M), Autotracker and Sharpness +1.
So I had five pretty good skills in total.

BenAV

Spoony_Tech

No 20 is the max. It gets more complicated then that really. Finding the right charm for the right armor set is priceless! There are very valuable +2 charms later in the game. Doesn't sound like much but when your armor and gems leave you +2 short they become extremely valuable!

MERG said:

SCRAPPER392

I've heard you can't get Rustshard with a cursed table. Is that true? I've already found a rustshard.
I'm thinking maybe I'll just try and get a medium attack and defense boost at +15, and leave it at that.

Qwest

BenAV

You can't get Rustshards on two of the cursed tables, but you can on the other three.

BenAV

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.