Forums

Topic: Super Mario Maker - OT

Posts 121 to 140 of 4,835

Atariboy

jariw wrote:

Quite a few things have probably changed since E3. Now it seems more likely that we will get different kind of "Maker" products (based on Miyamoto's comments), rather than a Mario Maker with graphics from other Nintendo franchises.

Just when was Mario Maker going to include other Nintendo franchises?

Atariboy

jariw

GoneFishin wrote:

jariw wrote:

Quite a few things have probably changed since E3. Now it seems more likely that we will get different kind of "Maker" products (based on Miyamoto's comments), rather than a Mario Maker with graphics from other Nintendo franchises.

Just when was Mario Maker going to include other Nintendo franchises?

Graphics from other franchises: "but I’d also like to include other graphics that aren’t Mario" (Tezuka in June)

jariw

Atariboy

Yep and I feel like an idiot since I just reread that interview within the past 48 hours.

Thanks

Atariboy

jump

jariw wrote:

NintyMan wrote:

No music creator after all is disappointing. Tezuka should have just clearly denied it back during E3 instead of beating around the bush.

Although it's disappointing that the music creator didn't make it, I appreciate their openness during the early stages of the projects. If creators aren't allowed to change their standpoint on a project during the development process, it will only end with us hearing nothing at all about a project until release.

I'm hoping it will be Amiibo support so a simple tap of Mega Man, Link, Sonic, Donkey Kong, Samus, Kirby & Pit will bring up their art styles. I'm not sure a Metroid/whatever Maker on their own would be big enough to sell in mass.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

jariw

arronishere wrote:

I'm hoping it will be Amiibo support so a simple tap of Mega Man, Link, Sonic, Donkey Kong, Samus, Kirby & Pit will bring up their art styles. I'm not sure a Metroid/whatever Maker on their own would be big enough to sell in mass.

If such a feature would be included, Mega Man and Sonic would probably only be included if Nintendo can make a good deal with the owners of those franchises.
To be able to sell a "game maker" product to the masses, I think a good amount of preloaded levels are important. A product with most historic courses included in the package would appeal to many more players than a bare-bone game editor with sharing abilities.

jariw

LzWinky

Tap an amiibo, use that character in Mario levels

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

creeprtrainer52

awwww.... sanic in mario land....
amiibos would b great...

creeprtrainer52

jariw

IGN now did an in-depth analysis of the new Mario Maker trailer as well. They didn't even get close to the depth of the GameXplain analysis, but it was nice to get a different view of what it might include. At 5:20, they thought the Mario Maker video might include Megaman graphics.

jariw

NinjaWaddleDee

If amiibo is in fact compatible, I doubt they will let us make entire levels based on characters that aren't Mario. If that was true, they could totally make a whole new game for each character, or they could just change the name of the game to Nintendo Maker. No, I think amiibo will just let us possibly play as certain characters, but only in the 8-bit Mario levels.

Maybe they could throw in some classic backgrounds for those characters as well. But honestly the only amiibo I could see being compatible would be any character that had an NES platformer. Sooo that would be Mario, Luigi, Peach, Link (Zelda II physics), Samus, Kirby, Pit, and possibly Megaman if they can get the rights to him. Also, when do you guys think this game will release? I think Summer actually.

Edited on by NinjaWaddleDee

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagN36OxIjCGUVMaYFtPgSg

Nintendo Network ID: NinjaWaddleDee

Octane

NinjaWaddleDee wrote:

If amiibo is in fact compatible, I doubt they will let us make entire levels based on characters that aren't Mario. If that was true, they could totally make a whole new game for each character, or they could just change the name of the game to Nintendo Maker. No, I think amiibo will just let us possibly play as certain characters, but only in the 8-bit Mario levels.

Maybe they could throw in some classic backgrounds for those characters as well. But honestly the only amiibo I could see being compatible would be any character that had an NES platformer. Sooo that would be Mario, Luigi, Peach, Link (Zelda II physics), Samus, Kirby, Pit, and possibly Megaman if they can get the rights to him. Also, when do you guys think this game will release? I think Summer actually.

Link's Awakening and Four Swords Adventures had 2D platforming sections as well. Although I doubt Link will be compatible with Mario Maker, probably just the Mario characters.

Edited on by Octane

Octane

jariw

Interview with Koji Kondo on Nintendo Minute, where he (among other things) discusses the Mario Maker music and sound. This interview is subtitled instead of dubbed.

jariw

NinjaWaddleDee

So if that whole thing is true, and they may be making Maker games for other franchises... BRING ON THE METROID AND KIRBEH MAKER! How cool would that be to make your own Metroid mazes and place items wherever they are supposed to go, and add bosses!

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagN36OxIjCGUVMaYFtPgSg

Nintendo Network ID: NinjaWaddleDee

Joeynator3000

Now we just need them to confirm a World Maker...however you wanna call it, where you can merge all of the levels together.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

kkslider5552000

Xiao_Pai wrote:

Now we just need them to confirm a World Maker...however you wanna call it, where you can merge all of the levels together.

I'm assuming it will be a personal playlist only sort of thing. So instead of downloading a world, you download "SUPER MARIO FANGAME (insert level number here)" and then put them all together by yourself.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Joeynator3000

Bleh. TwT lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

jariw

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Xiao_Pai wrote:

I'm assuming it will be a personal playlist only sort of thing. So instead of downloading a world, you download "SUPER MARIO FANGAME (insert level number here)" and then put them all together by yourself.

GameXplain has some thoughts that seem to contradict this (at 10:00 in their analysis).

Edited on by jariw

jariw

DefHalan

NintyMan wrote:

How do you feel about this game given a vague "2015" release window, meaning that it's most likely delayed?

If it makes the game bigger and better, I'll be all for it.

I am guessing it is more for bug fixing. User Generated Content must be hard to test as it can be used in almost any way. I wouldn't mind new features but I think it is just mainly bug fixing from now until release. They have probably moved some of their team onto higher priority projects to. We will see.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

jariw

DefHalan wrote:

We will see.

I agree with this. The reason for the delay can be for expanding the content, or redesign, or fixing bugs, or just delaying an already completed product for strategic reasons (such as fill a part of the year that doesn't have much games for the intended demographics), or something else.

jariw

Grumblevolcano

I really hope this game is successful enough to allow similar things done with other franchises. 3D LoZ Maker would be epic, imagine getting to King Dodongo in OoT Master Quest only to find out that there are 5 Stalfos in the same room and you have to do all this with only 4 (or 5?) hearts. There's so much great potential though this future solely relies on Mario Maker selling well.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.