Forums

Topic: RUMOR: Game developers doesn't wanna work on the Wii U

Posts 21 to 35 of 35

DefHalan

Cheaptrick wrote:

Can Wii U survive then without 3rd party supprt?

Yes it is possible

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

LzWinky

Funny you should mention that, considering Ubisoft and Sega are supporting it. Why bother asking that question?

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Ryno

LzQuacker wrote:

Funny you should mention that, considering Ubisoft and Sega are supporting it. Why bother asking that question?

You can add Capcom as a supporter as well.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

DefHalan

Cheaptrick wrote:

OK, so as not to take my question literally I'm going to rephrased again in a different way.

The Wii U losing most 3rd party support & slowly turning into a smartphone game console can it survive having mostly shovelware games?

Source?

It is losing some 3rd Party Support and gaining some Smartphone games, most likely the big ones. It is not becoming a Ouya.

Edited on by DefHalan

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Midnight3DS

Yes, it can survive, but the cool kids will be pwning on PS360.

3DS Friend Code: 5129-0855-7142 ID = Midnight

AC:NL Mayor Jambo, town of Hamneggs

Ryno

Cheaptrick wrote:

OK, so as not to take my question literally I'm going to rephrased again in a different way.

The Wii U losing most 3rd party support & slowly turning into a smartphone game console can it survive having mostly shovelware games?

As long as it has the Nintendo first party games that are coming then yes it will.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

kkslider5552000

Cheaptrick wrote:

I know the way you worded this, I doubt your reasoning is based in any sort of reality but you were almost there so I'll throw you a bone. I wouldn't be surprised. Recently, especially with the indie support, I could see Wii U actually being Nintendo's attempt at capitalizing on the slow rise of consoles that are used to play iOS games. But instead of just existing to play games from a different system, Nintendo just made their own system that could potentially be similar. The tablet controller has to have been at least partially influence by the popularity of tablets, but combined with Nintendo's own gaming gimmicks in recent years.

I mean, I doubt it'll be as non-game heavy as most Apple devices or the like, but despite that maybe being a bad idea IF it goes in that direction, I'll always approve of a "games first" mentality for game consoles, even against all logic and money.

This might actually be the best instead of being AAA 3rd party friendly. The writing's on the wall for some of those companies, indie games are the future and smartphones and the like are the big thing now.

Of course all that could not actually happen and at best Wii U will be a new GCN for popularity with less AAA multi-console support and more indie support. I dunno.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

V8_Ninja

Game developers doesn't want to work on the Wii U

Untitled

ANYWAYS: I love how this rumor originates from a hacking site. It makes the news totally trustworthy in every respect. As for my thoughts, it baffles me that triple-A developers can't get in contact to Nintendo but smaller developers have absolutely no problem getting the info that they need along with getting free Wii U dev kits.

Also, I acknowledge that this thread was created by someone who says he doesn't have concern for Nintendo despite having a clear vendetta and constantly posting rumors as actual news. We can get on with the discussion.

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery: http://backloggery.com/v8_ninja

Discostew

Cheaptrick wrote:

3Dash wrote:

Can't they request another kit? ...oh wait, that's right. They can.

What makes you think they gonna request for another dev kits when they already returned the ones sent to them before?

People sell their consoles/handhelds early on, only to end up buying them again because the situation with said console/handheld has changed. No different with devs and dev kits.

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

Cheaptrick

kkslider5552000 wrote:

I know the way you worded this, I doubt your reasoning is based in any sort of reality but you were almost there so I'll throw you a bone. I wouldn't be surprised. Recently, especially with the indie support, I could see Wii U actually being Nintendo's attempt at capitalizing on the slow rise of consoles that are used to play iOS games. But instead of just existing to play games from a different system, Nintendo just made their own system that could potentially be similar. The tablet controller has to have been at least partially influence by the popularity of tablets, but combined with Nintendo's own gaming gimmicks in recent years.

I mean, I doubt it'll be as non-game heavy as most Apple devices or the like, but despite that maybe being a bad idea IF it goes in that direction, I'll always approve of a "games first" mentality for game consoles, even against all logic and money.

This might actually be the best instead of being AAA 3rd party friendly. The writing's on the wall for some of those companies, indie games are the future and smartphones and the like are the big thing now.

Of course all that could not actually happen and at best Wii U will be a new GCN for popularity with less AAA multi-console support and more indie support. I dunno.

You got some good talking points there. I do agree with you on some of what you said.

Edited on by Cheaptrick

Snagrio

Poor @theblackdragon, she's got to be exhausted from blocking all these threads.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

skywake

Cheaptrick wrote:

Hahaha. Nice one MidnightEDS. We need some laugh in here. Some of this boys can get very serious.

You know why it gets "serious"?

Cheaptrick wrote:

Because you post leading questions and make up theories with little to no evidence. "Most" is a weasel word because regardless of how many third party titles anyone can point out you'll point to two or three (rumoured) examples and cry "most". Because those two or three met some arbitrary benchmark.

The "smartphone console" point is pure nonsense based on a misunderstanding of a rumour. A rumour that Nintendo were looking at making it easier for smartphone devs to put stuff on the Wii U. Ignoring the fact that there are already plenty of "smartphone-ish" type apps and games on the Wii U just as there are on the Wii, 360 and PS3. More content from more independent developers is a good thing. There's no spin that can make this not the case.

The "shovelware" point is another one. It's interesting to note that the only consoles to ever get lots of shovelware are the ones with huge instal bases (NES, PS2, DS, GBA, Wii). That's the shovelware business model, put out crap to as big a market as you can find. Therefore if Nintendo does attract lots of shovelware that is nothing other than a sign that they have already survived.

Lastly on survival. This is a question of financial survival, the biggest problem Nintendo and the gaming industry in general has faced has been the broader economy. Not an attack from smartphone games. The biggest titles still sell as much as they ever have, smaller titles struggle. People are being more picky with where they spend their disposable income. This is why development studios are shutting down. That said Nintendo are reporting a profit, if they keep doing that the Wii U will keep going regardless of what's going on around them.

So please, quit the hyperbole if you want an actual debate in here

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.