Forums

Topic: EA Sports Engineer Calls Wii U “Crap”

Posts 101 to 116 of 116

MAB

The perfect troll
Untitled

MAB

kereke12

You know it funny on how Nintendo hasn't response to any of this......You wanna know why? Because Nintendo can give a rat *** about EA and Nintendo doesn't care about U.S. Game Companys, they only care about the UK and ESPECIALLY JAPAN. Because if not U.S. would be getting. Different colors 3ds, more features and games, instead of us waiting 2 years for it to come out. EX:Animal Crossing New Leaf, So Nintendo has nothing to worry about...BECAUSE if not Nintendo would of done a Press Conference a LONG LONG TIME AGO. To Save there name thats why Nintendo is the best.

Edited on by kereke12

LONG LIVE NINTENDO

Switch Friend Code: sw-4699-3487-8963 | My Nintendo: kereke12 | Nintendo Network ID: Kereke12

Jaz007

kereke12 wrote:

You know it funny on how Nintendo hasn't response to any of this......You wanna know why? Because Nintendo can give a rat *** about EA and Nintendo doesn't care about U.S. Game Companys, they only care about the UK and ESPECIALLY JAPAN. Because if not U.S. would be getting. Different colors 3ds, more features and games, instead of us waiting 2 years for it to come out. EX:Animal Crossing New Leaf, So Nintendo has nothing to worry about...BECAUSE if not Nintendo would of done a Press Conference a LONG LONG TIME AGO. To Save there name thats why Nintendo is the best.

Since when has Nintendo responded to any persons tweet on his/her own twitter page?

Jaz007

Sentinator

kereke12 wrote:

The problem with EA is they are jealous. They know full well Nintendo doesn't need them and they don't like it. It would be beneficial to have them on board because the more sales the merrier. But John Riccitiello has been saying "Nintendo won't last because Microsoft and Sony are the true manufacturers" for years. And yet they are STILL here.

EA's games reach a huge audience but Nintendo has a very large dedicated fanbase of their own and it is enough to make Wii U successful (provided the marketing is done right). I have said since Wii U was announced all they need to do is attack Japan because:
1. Japanese publishers have actually supported them. Getting their full backing would mean they get enough support to keep Wii U momentum.
2. Microsoft have never done well in Japan. The only real threat they face there is Sony.
Provided they get a monopoly on the Japanese market they are set. They would have the overseas fanbase locked. I have a feeling even if companies like EA or 2K would be on board eventually they would just come out with some excuse to back out again later. The power is BS!

I say get Capcom, Sega, Namco, SE. Even more obscure ones like ATLUS. Those publishers tend to perform well on Nintendo anyway. They would lose a LOT of sales by not having EA but I think they are putting their resources in the right place.

Sentinator

kereke12

Jaz007 wrote:

kereke12 wrote:

Since when has Nintendo responded to any persons tweet on his/her own twitter page?

Noo i didn't mean that....i meant was on how Nintendo hasn't said anything about the negative feed back they been getting......

LONG LIVE NINTENDO

Switch Friend Code: sw-4699-3487-8963 | My Nintendo: kereke12 | Nintendo Network ID: Kereke12

kereke12

THATS WHAT I →MEANT← sorry if i didn't clarify my thoughts on how true it is

LONG LIVE NINTENDO

kereke12

Sentinator wrote:

kereke12 wrote:

The problem with EA is they are jealous. They know full well Nintendo doesn't need them and they don't like it. It would be beneficial to have them on board because the more sales the merrier. But John Riccitiello has been saying "Nintendo won't last because Microsoft and Sony are the true manufacturers" for years. And yet they are STILL here.

EA's games reach a huge audience but Nintendo has a very large dedicated fanbase of their own and it is enough to make Wii U successful (provided the marketing is done right). I have said since Wii U was announced all they need to do is attack Japan because:
1. Japanese publishers have actually supported them. Getting their full backing would mean they get enough support to keep Wii U momentum.
2. Microsoft have never done well in Japan. The only real threat they face there is Sony.
Provided they get a monopoly on the Japanese market they are set. They would have the overseas fanbase locked. I have a feeling even if companies like EA or 2K would be on board eventually they would just come out with some excuse to back out again later. The power is BS!

I say get Capcom, Sega, Namco, SE. Even more obscure ones like ATLUS. Those publishers tend to perform well on Nintendo anyway. They would lose a LOT of sales by not having EA but I think they are putting their resources in the right place.

Yeah your right and i agree here in U.S. is mainly Sony & Microsoft are the big guys but like i said Nintendo has been hush-hush about everything

LONG LIVE NINTENDO

Sentinator

kereke12 wrote:

Yeah your right and i agree here in U.S. is mainly Sony & Microsoft are the big guys but like i said Nintendo has been hush-hush about everything

I actually understand how you feel because I used to be in that spot. Nintendo used to treat our market sinfully. We got Gamecube much later and the Smash Bros Brawl delay here was criminal. I think because of increased demand in Germany and France plus the US market moving towards AAA type games they decided to put Europe as a whole on higher priority.

Sentinator

kereke12

Sentinator wrote:

kereke12 wrote:

I actually understand how you feel because I used to be in that spot. Nintendo used to treat our market sinfully. We got Gamecube much later and the Smash Bros Brawl delay here was criminal. I think because of increased demand in Germany and France plus the US market moving towards AAA type games they decided to put Europe as a whole on higher priority.

yep thats Nintendo for you

LONG LIVE NINTENDO

Jaz007

kereke12 wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

kereke12 wrote:

Noo i didn't mean that....i meant was on how Nintendo hasn't said anything about the negative feed back they been getting......

I think it's also worth pointing out that no company really replies to this kind of stuff, so Nintendo shouldn't really get any points for it.

Jaz007

ocelot20

At the moment in time. I don't agree with that this guy is saying. How ever if he said Nintendo was crap then I would agree. Nintendo are now making money from gamers youtube video's.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-22552756

That is a very sh**** move from Nintendo in my personal opinion. Not even the so called worst company in America EA do this. Now I know people are going to flame me for this most likely. and jump to Nintendo's defense but I really don't care. This does not effect me personally since I don't upload gameplay of Nintendo games to youtube. Mostly because there is only so much you can do with 2 Wii U games its not ever worth it.

ocelot20

rallydefault

Sigh... the whole Youtube thing is just mind boggling. I see both sides, I really do. But we are so gosh-darned entitled in this day and age. A company and their employees works hard on a product for years, puts it out on shelves, and (as evidenced by recent layoffs) either lives or dies by the results. But now the "fans" are up in arms because the company that worked for so hard and so long to make those games is asking for their royalties when you use footage from a select number of them (only SEVEN Nintendo games as of right now, people. Stop acting like it's every game they've ever made - you look silly to informed people).

But the masses cry out, "Let's Plays" are how we pass our dreary lives!! This is tyrannical! Really? How many people watch "Let's Plays" and decide to not get the game because they've seen most of it anyway? Be honest with yourselves- LOTS of people. I know I have for more than one title in the past. Dead Space 3? I watched Woodysgamertag play through it and feel no need to do it myself, now. EA just lost 60 bucks from me. Times that by a factor across the world and you have profit loss easily in the hundreds of thousands of dollars. Those lost profits can then easily translate into lost jobs for many people who worked tirelessly on that game, whereas Youtubers crying foul work for a dynamic, volatile internet company. They need to be able to roll with stuff like this, and as "creative" entrepreneurs (as they constantly label themselves) have many other avenues of content and viewership, whereas Nintendo has but one: ITS GAMES.

Please do your research, people. I understand this is an internet forum and ignorance is allowed to a certain degree. But just take one second to try and view things from the opposing perspective.

rallydefault

CanisWolfred

I'll admit, I've watched lets plays and streams instead of buying the games. More often, though, they sell me on the games and make me want to play it more. That said, I could live very easily without lets plays, at least of modern games where it's so easy to do just about anything in the games.

Also:

rallydefault wrote:

Please do your research, people. I understand this is an internet forum and ignorance is allowed to a certain degree. But just take one second to try and view things from the opposing perspective.

How dare you ask us to have common sense and act on lessons we were supposed to have learned when we were in grade school.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

ocelot20

Honestly most of the time when I watch lets plays or what not I watch them for the people who are actually playing the game and not the game its self the game there playing is just a bonus in my eyes.

For example DayZ on PC I found about dayz via 2 youtube players Frankiein1080p and dasquirrelsnuts. Both of them made me aware of DayZ. So they pretty made Bohemia money as I went out and bought not just Arma 2 but Arma Operation Arrowhead. I loved Arma 2 so much I went and gave Bohemia more money and got Arma 3. There getting even more money from me when the standalone DayZ comes out. So I think both dasquirrelsnuts and Frankiin1080p deserve that 2p when ever someone watches there video.

Another example NerdCubed I watch his video's because he is ENTERTAINING. Not because of the games he plays. But at the time he makes me aware of games I did not know about or games I know about but I didn't think I would like but I like what I see.

He made me aware of these cool indie games I probably never of heard of. After watching him play some of them I went and bought them my self as they look really good. Same with Star Trek I absolutely hate star trek. He played a old star trek game recently and it looked fun to play so I will be buying that soon.

Yes I agree some times when you watch lets plays it can put you off the game. But some times like I said above it can be the the other way around.

What next are Nintendo going to charge people for reviewing there games? There has been a lot of times where a review has put me off buying a game. How about them charging us for demo's? I was going to get Resident Evil Revelations on the Wii U next week. But after playing the demo it put me off buying it for the Wii U due to it not looking as sharp as the PS3/360 demo.

ocelot20

rallydefault

@ocelot20

I liked your post until you shot yourself in the foot with that final paragraph. Severe overreaction that totally undermined your entire argument.

Nonetheless, if you are so pious in your Youtube viewing and can't stand the thought of Nintendo getting 15 cents for your views on the whopping SEVEN games they currently have under this new action, then mayhaps you'll have to get your Let's Play jollies from different games? Change can be crippling, my friend.

rallydefault

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.