Forums

Topic: Demand Final Fantasy XV on the Wii U

Posts 161 to 180 of 835

Oragami

Blast wrote:

Oragami wrote:

Blast wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

Do people hate snow for being a bad character or for at last the English dub he's exactly what's he's supposed to be which is a immature frat boy?

Also I never got this whole thing where having one game execuses having another game. The whole screw XV we have X that i've seen coming from Nintendo fans is a bit embarrassing. No doubt X is going to be that game but pinning all your hopes on that one game isn't that great. I don't see Microsoft guys saying screw Skyrim we have fable or Sony dudes saying screw Need for Speed we have GT. Seems that those guys are able to support their consoles first party as well as third party stuff.

With that said X will be one of the best games this year, but I fear it's going to get drowned out by way bigger RPG releases this year

@shingi_70 I hate Snow because he's a clown, a terrible character, and made FF 13 a worse game than it already was.

X isn't nowhere near like Super Mario 3D World because I highly suspect Japan is gonna love X like crazy the instant it releases.
I think the JRPG crowd will also love X the instant it releases.
Super Mario 3D World got critical praise from practically everybody and it should've been a launch game for Wii U.
X will have higher sales than Super Mario 3D World.
And I actually thought Super Mario 3D World was one of those games were it gets high sales over a period of time... not release day.
And why the freaking heck should I not brag about the Wii U getting X? If Sony or Microsoft had this game to themselves, then their fanbase would be screaming about it too. Don't try to deny it. Do you really don't see the Xbox One crowd bragging about Titanfall and PS4 crowd bragging about Infamous: Second Son? Gimme a freaking break, man.

You can brag, just don't stop asking for more JRPGs on the Wii U just because we are getting one amazing one.

@Oragami Lol I want high quality JRPGs on Wii U. I prefer quality over quantity.

I prefer having both quality and quantity. That's why I want X and FFXV.

New PS4 owner
Yeah, guitars are cool.

My musical project Comet Tail made a couple of recordings.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0zUoWWO1v4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2evBddvrm2U

shingi_70

@Blast

I never said that fans of other systems don't hype up their games because I mean have you seen titanfall. Yet they don't let the prefrnce for exclusives pretty much justify why they aren't getting other games. I don't see Sony guys saying screw titanfall we have killzone or any sort of equavlient.

Quality over Quantity is a bullpoopy answer when you can have both.

I was mostly talking about X in the western Markets which are way bigger thanks japans. There's a good chance that this game will be a WW release which means it's success will hinge on the western market much more than the Japanese.
I think the game will do well regardless and its probably when I'll pixk up a Wii U unless the release date is close to Halo 5.

Edited on by LzWinky

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

kkslider5552000

I've been demanding an SE JRPG for a while now. The World Ends With U! Cmon, the title! It's too perfect!

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Blast

kkslider5552000 wrote:

I've been demanding an SE JRPG for a while now. The World Ends With U! Cmon, the title! It's too perfect!

@kkslider5552000 But you see... that would make too much sense. Square Enix would rather port their games to iOS/Android and milk you dry. The last time I saw Neku and his friends was freaking Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance. I bet you will see Neku and friends in Kingdom Hearts 3.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Oragami

kkslider5552000 wrote:

What about this:
Kingdom Hearts: Alive 4723.23451 Hitting Re:orange dreams U

New PS4 owner
Yeah, guitars are cool.

SCRAPPER392

@shingi_70
Wii U owners are going to buy X, because Final Fantasy isn't an option. So ya, there is no choice.

Also, he was saying that quantity is a good thing, which is why FFXV should be on Wii U, as well. He's the one that started this thread, bro, so you're preaching to the choir.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

LzWinky

shingi_70 wrote:

@Blast

I never said that fans of other systems don't hype up their games because I mean have you seen titanfall. Yet they don't let the prefrnce for exclusives pretty much justify why they aren't getting other games. I don't see Sony guys saying screw titanfall we have killzone or any sort of equavlient.

I was mostly talking about X in the western Markets which are way bigger thanks japans. There's a good chance that this game will be a WW release which means it's success will hinge on the western market much more than the Japanese.
I think the game will do well regardless and its probably when I'll pixk up a Wii U unless the release date is close to Halo 5.

Well I was saying that X will be on the WIi U whereas FF XV will not be. I can understand some Nintendo fans' attitudes for it because it's not on their system. Whereas in the other examples, Playstation fans could have both without having to buy another system.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

shingi_70

I guess I understand it. I hope in next weeks ND we get some info on the new JRPGs and hopefully some new ones like a game by Camelot or Genius Sonority.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

Oragami

Unca_Lz wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

@Blast

Well I was saying that X will be on the WIi U whereas FF XV will not be. I can understand some Nintendo fans' attitudes for it because it's not on their system. Whereas in the other examples, Playstation fans could have both without having to buy another system.

??? Wouldn't PlayStation fans have to buy a Wii U to play X? And why do you keep insisting that FFXV can't come to the Wii U?

New PS4 owner
Yeah, guitars are cool.

moomoo

@Oragami There's several reasons I could think of FF XV not coming to Wii U, the most important being that the Wii U's power difference would get rid of much of what the game is trying to do.

Let's look at a game like Xenoblade to get the point across. Xenoblade probably could have been done on the PS2. Mechanically, it would have played exactly the same. However, the massive scope of the game would have been hindered on that machine, either through immense amounts of fog to help process the vast vistas, or through a huge visual downgrade that would have hampered the player's immersion in the environments.

Basically, it would have been a much worse game if it was on PS2.

Apply that logic to FF XV on Wii U. Even if the Wii U could technically handle a downscaled port and play the same, much of the graphical fidelity that the game uses to pull you in the world would be lost, or much of the scope would be lost (I'm not so sure on the second one, since SE hasn't given much info on the game).

That's without going into the probable lack of a Wii U version of the game.

Just buy a PS4 or XB1 to play FF XV. That way, you won't miss out. Or you could just hope that it sucks so you only miss out on a sub-par game.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

Blast

@shingi_70 I want you to know something. Even if Final Fantasy XV was coming to Wii U... I would STILL have doubts about the game because I'm not a fan of Tetsuya Nomura's storytelling skills and how bad recent FF games have been.
The fact that FF XV, so far, isn't coming to Wii U doesn't change a dang thing about how I feel about it.

Master of the Hype Train

Oragami

moomoo wrote:

@Oragami There's several reasons I could think of FF XV not coming to Wii U, the most important being that the Wii U's power difference would get rid of much of what the game is trying to do.

Let's look at a game like Xenoblade to get the point across. Xenoblade probably could have been done on the PS2. Mechanically, it would have played exactly the same. However, the massive scope of the game would have been hindered on that machine, either through immense amounts of fog to help process the vast vistas, or through a huge visual downgrade that would have hampered the player's immersion in the environments.

Basically, it would have been a much worse game if it was on PS2.

Apply that logic to FF XV on Wii U. Even if the Wii U could technically handle a downscaled port and play the same, much of the graphical fidelity that the game uses to pull you in the world would be lost, or much of the scope would be lost (I'm not so sure on the second one, since SE hasn't given much info on the game).

That's without going into the probable lack of a Wii U version of the game.

Just buy a PS4 or XB1 to play FF XV. That way, you won't miss out. Or you could just hope that it sucks so you only miss out on a sub-par game.

But the PS2 and the Wii are in two different console generations. The Wii U, PS4, and Xbox One are all in the same generation. I also think that the power and graphical difference between the PS2 and the Wii is much greater that the graphical and power difference between the Wii U and the PS4. A port should be quite possible.

New PS4 owner
Yeah, guitars are cool.

Oragami

Blast wrote:

@shingi_70 I want you to know something. Even if Final Fantasy XV was coming to Wii U... I would STILL have doubts about the game because I'm not a fan of Tetsuya Nomura's storytelling skills and how bad recent FF games have been.
The fact that FF XV, so far, isn't coming to Wii U doesn't change a dang thing about how I feel about it.

But what if it's amazing? Then won't you want it on the Wii U?

New PS4 owner
Yeah, guitars are cool.

SCRAPPER392

@moomoo
That's not even entirely true. If you really want to bring PS2 into the conversation, that basically proves exactly why Wii U should get FFXV, because even if Wii U can't support all of the visuals(which I don't think is the case, being literally months into a gen), it will still have most of the game,
If you don't understand the specs, you really shouldn't say that's a reason. Even if I don't know the specs either, I can still call BS on that claim, because no one knows, either way.

EDIT: Also, like @Blast said, this is a different generation. You're basically pulling straws on this one.

EDIT2: Also, there's a difference between power, and what the power is. You're ignoring this.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

shingi_70

Eh Nomura worked on some of my favorite games, and beyond the kingdom hearts games I like the modern sensibilities of his games. Even kingdom Hearts I and II are pretty straight forward in story and are pretty charming in a Disney meets anime sort of way. It didn't get contulved until the series decided to go all star wars and expand upon everything with all the side games.

WAT!

kkslider5552000

Oragami wrote:

Blast wrote:

I'd still want plenty of games over it. And even at it's peak FF wasn't the best around in its own genre (well...maaaaaybe when IV came out it was?), so I feel confident in saying that.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Oragami

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Oragami wrote:

Blast wrote:

I'd still want plenty of games over it. And even at it's peak FF wasn't the best around in its own genre (well...maaaaaybe when IV came out it was?), so I feel confident in saying that.

That's because Chrono Trigger is the greatest RPG ever. And Final Fantasy was the best until Chrono Trigger came out.

Edited on by Oragami

New PS4 owner
Yeah, guitars are cool.

shingi_70

But that doesn't disprove the fact that the game will be good. I mean. I think X will be one of the greatest games round but I can name games I'm looking forward to more.

WAT!

shingi_70

But that doesn't disprove the fact that the game will be good. I mean. I think X will be one of the greatest games round but I can name games I'm looking forward to more.

WAT!

Blast

shingi_70 wrote:

Eh Nomura worked on some of my favorite games, and beyond the kingdom hearts games I like the modern sensibilities of his games. Even kingdom Hearts I and II are pretty straight forward in story and are pretty charming in a Disney meets anime sort of way. It didn't get contulved until the series decided to go all star wars and expand upon everything with all the side games.

@shingi_70 In Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance... There's a feature that recaps all the previous Kingdom Hearts games with a brief summary. I was reading on what happened and I couldn't help but laugh. Kingdom Hearts' story is bizarre and crazy. And you're right. KH 1 and KH 2 have stories that are very straightforward but the rest of the KH stories are just weird.
I said it before and I'll say it again... The story of Kingdom Hearts is so bad that people actually love it.
Heck, Tetsuya Nomura tried his hand at a Inception like story in Kingdom Hearts 3D and the story made not sense at all.

Master of the Hype Train

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.