Forums

Topic: Demand Final Fantasy XV on the Wii U

Posts 181 to 200 of 835

shingi_70

Haven't played 3D but its going about the Mark of Mastery stuff right.

To be frank as much as I like Disney Kindgim Hearts is my least favorite of Nomura's games. I much prefer his style of Modern meets sci fi or fantasy like with TWEWY or Parasite Eve.

If were talking FF the best game in the series is arubly XI I and if Matsuno had his way it would probably be a front runner for best 3D RPG.

Personal favorite is X though.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

kkslider5552000

I have a feeling I wouldn't like TWEWY as much if it wasn't for the fact that much of the explanation of the world of the game was bonus stuff for the post game. Like I think they realized that the characters >>>>> the plot and the more I think about it, the more grateful I am that that happened.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

CanisWolfred

Blast wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

Do people hate snow for being a bad character or for at last the English dub he's exactly what's he's supposed to be which is a immature frat boy?

Also I never got this whole thing where having one game execuses having another game. The whole screw XV we have X that i've seen coming from Nintendo fans is a bit embarrassing. No doubt X is going to be that game but pinning all your hopes on that one game isn't that great. I don't see Microsoft guys saying screw Skyrim we have fable or Sony dudes saying screw Need for Speed we have GT. Seems that those guys are able to support their consoles first party as well as third party stuff.

With that said X will be one of the best games this year, but I fear it's going to get drowned out by way bigger RPG releases this year

@shingi_70 I hate Snow because he's a clown, a terrible character, and made FF 13 a worse game than it already was.

I actually...agree with Shingi here. He's not a terrible character. He's exactly what he's supposed to be, which admitted are mostly negative qualities, but they're meant to contrast with everyone else. He's the irresponsible one, unlike Sazh or Lightning. He's actually pretty important to the story, and despite being charasmatic, I never got the feeling he was supposed to be all that likeable. He's more like Kamina from Gurren Lagann - He's charasmatic, and his indomanable spirit helps give others hope, but he can't really do anything without help, and on his own tends to just cause problems. His heart is in the right place, but his actions don't always suit the situation. He's headstrong and stubborn, but he knows it and that's why he depends on others to keep him on the right path.

Or at least that's how he was in FF13. The sequels kinda screwed up his character...actually, the sequels screwed up everyone except for Hope. :/ Again, 13-2 storywise definitely needed to be in better hands...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

CanisWolfred

kkslider5552000 wrote:

My thoughts on Final Fantasy XIII honestly are basically my same thoughts on Other M (though Other M annoys me far less because I at least played the gameplay and enjoyed that ok).

Final Fantasy XIII has a terribly written story, but that doesn't change that people like it. People like Final Fantasy XIII, but that doesn't change that it's a terribly written story.

And along with that, there is a world of difference in terms of in theory and execution for how good a story is. Other M's story and what it was trying to do (mostly) I love in theory and hate in execution. Not sure I'd love Final Fantasy XIII's story in theory but I'd go with it being a similar situation.

That is bull$#!+ and you know it. That's the objective quality argument, and there's no such thing. If people can enjoy it, then it works, it just works different from the norm. There's no point is setting up some kind of standard when it comes to story telling, because everyone thinks differently, they're gonna experience things differently, and they'll relate to and understand things differently. There's no right or wrong, just broader or smaller appeal, and sure, with the right amount of effort, you might be able you might make it so more people can understand your ideas, but that may come at a sacrifice of other elements. It's all just subjective.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

JetForceSetGrind

Quit demanding stuff that is unprofitable and impossible without neutering the game. Please.

JetForceSetGrind

fascinatura

I just CANT at the people abandoning FF just because they didn't like one game in the series.

Anyway, I would love XV on Wii U. But I know that I will probably have to buy a PS4 so I can play it.

fascinatura

MAN1AC

fascinatura wrote:

I just CANT at the people abandoning FF just because they didn't like one game in the series.

Anyway, I would love XV on Wii U. But I know that I will probably have to buy a PS4 so I can play it.

I'm a huge fan of the series but the FF brand is indeed tainted. XIII had no business having sequels and they're making MMOs into mainline games.

Four more months until Bayonetta 2.

3DS Friend Code: 0705-3088-6988 | Nintendo Network ID: MANIAC64

rallydefault

We live in a new day and age, people. The game will be on every system known to man after a few years. I can play any of the older FFs on my smart phone (as much as that pains me to say) or log on to Steam to download and play FFVII or even FFVIII - FFXI and XIV are obviously on PC, as well.

rallydefault

SCRAPPER392

WhereEaglesDare wrote:

Quit demanding stuff that is unprofitable and impossible without neutering the game. Please.

Perhaps if your suggestion made sense, people would listen.

Last time I checked, you spend/invest money to make money. They've already invested millions of dollars into this game. It's already unprofitable, because they haven't released the game and made money, yet.

Also, it's clear that you don't understand the hardware, so that's something you may want to figure out, before making a claim such as this.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Chrono_Cross

Last time I checked, you spend/invest money to make money. They've already invested millions of dollars into this game. It's already unprofitable, because they haven't released the game and made money, yet.

FFXV will not sell on the Wii U. There's not a demand for it like there is on other consoles.

Square knows its audience (which is why most of its franchises appear on Sony's and Microsoft's consoles), and it's not on Wii U.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

SCRAPPER392

Seriously, does everyone on the internet need to be a businessman and computer engineer, in order for people to not be negative about Wii U?

Qwest

SCRAPPER392

Chrono_Cross wrote:

FFXV will not sell on the Wii U. There's not a demand for it like there is on other consoles.

Square knows its audience (which is why most of its franchises appear on Sony's and Microsoft's consoles), and it's not on Wii U.

How exactly would you know that? Do you have a little data sheet somewhere that has your name on it, as a SE employee?

I've already been over this, the FF13 series and Tomb Raider sold abysmally, too.

Let me guess, there's an explanation for that. Oh wait...

The fact is that s*** isn't selling well, anyway. Wii U would add 4 million more potential buyers. There is no data that states it won't sell on Wii U, while there is data from Xbox 360 and PS3 that say it won't.

It's hypocrisy.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

Jazzer94

SCAR392 wrote:

What are even talking about of cause it hasn't made them money yet when its not even out so whats the point of saying this.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

SCRAPPER392

Jazzer94 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

What are even talking about of cause it hasn't made them money yet when its not even out so whats the point of saying this.

Because @WhereEaglesDare suggested that people stop asking for unprofitable gestures. First of all, we as consumers don't have that data, so someone here needs to show their SE employee card, to be taken seriously.

Then, it's already unprofitable, as I said. If profitability was the first step in making money, they never would have even started developing this game.

The point in saying that, is that what he's suggesting should happen, has and is technically already happening, so a suggestion such as that makes no sense.

People are saying it won't be profitable on Wii U, as if the initial investment has something to do with it, which it doesn't.

Qwest

R_Champ

fascinatura wrote:

I think it's in part personal preference.

-I didn't like XI because it was a pay-to-play grindfest.
-I didn't like XII because it didn't even care about it's own characters...and after Xenoblade it was pretty much entirely obsolete.
-I didn't like XIII overall because the battle system felt hands off...but was difficult in an annoying way.
-I didn't really like XIII-2 because they made a sequel where there was no right being one...and it shows...sad the battle system was actually better though T_T.

So for me, FF is dead, especially if you're comparing it to Fire Emblem, Monolith games, and a slew of good Atlus titles. If you still love it, more power to you, but FFXIII Lighting Returns is just a sign of more bad things to come in my mind, and FFXV and KH3 are doing NOTHING to alleviate that doubt.
And don't get me started on KH. To me, it's more fan-inflated and overhyped than Majora's Mask, Persona 4, and Final Fantasy VII....combined.

Nintendo & Steam ID: R_Champ

supermario182

FF can F-off. it's not the same as it used to be, and it's not really my thing anymore. now what they really should do is make an exclusive mana or chrono game for wii u, or maybe let square work on the next paper mario or revive mario rpg, those would be huge hits guaranteed.

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
my website
play my games and demos here!!

Twitter:

kkslider5552000

I genuinely have no idea why people would consider FF a big priority for JRPG purchases, at the very least. Even the MMO stuff is confusing. There's this new thing called Guild Wars 2 that wasn't insultingly pathetic and awful in its initial release. shrugs

This is another example where fan loyalty is the only reason a series is still popular, I have to believe. Even most people here defending the game basically admit there's clearly better stuff out there, so spend your money on better stuff. Brand loyalty (series loyalty?) is kinda stupid anyway (and the existance of All the Bravest is good proof SE has no respect for that loyalty anyway)

Also even though XV looks awesome before release, I had that opinion about XIII. I'm not assuming it's guaranteed bad (in fact, I'd be surprised if it isn't at least ok) but don't pretend theré's no way it won't be. And at this point, exclusives are Nintendo's best option I feel. Even purely in terms of business for either of them, this is not what should happen.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.