Forums

Topic: Child of Light -- Ubisoft Platform RPG

Posts 101 to 120 of 185

Rezalack

Well, it's available for download now. The exact file size is 2346 MB. I said 3.1 GB earliar because that's what the info page was saying.

Rezalack

Nintendo Network ID: Spuratis

shingi_70

I've played it for a good hour Thirty and I really like it. The game doesn't really open up till you get your first party member. The combat has alot of depth once you consider your juggling not only your party but, using Firefly as well. Its makes for a interesting mix of knowing when to coax the enemy and arguably controlling thier movements around yours. During a battle between three eneimes I kept juggling around them slowing their movment and interrupting their attacks in tandam one after each other. you also gamble on when to defend or not since being interrupted can change the tide of the battle depening on how many enemies you fight,

So far the game is simple on the surface but has a good amount of depth. The gear system and skills system adds alot as well.

Also the game is gorgerous
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Edited on by shingi_70

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Spoony_Tech

@shingi_70 Are you plying on normal or hard?

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

shingi_70

Kodeen wrote:

Is that Ubisoft logo really always in the corner like that, or are these watermarked press shots?

Nope those are my screenshots. It seems that when you take a screenshot its watermarked with the ubisoft logo.

edit:
Spoony_Tech

On hard. Its probably why I haven't been able to breeze though the battle and had so much trouble with the first boss.

Edited on by shingi_70

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

SCRAPPER392

I'm downloading it now. It wasn't up at midnight, so I started downloading as soon as I woke up. My brother will be the spark thing on my playthrough, and I guess I'll be the spark on his.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

shingi_70

@Miss_Dark

really good, It's pretty light fantasy that starts somber and tends to build up. The boss music gets really pumped up. I'm playing with headphones on and the sound design is Fantastic. There's a part near the first boss where you hear singing going back in forth that's part of the boss theme. there's no voice work expect in a few scene's where an actress is reciting a poem over some amazing visuals.

One thing that is a bit jarring is that Auroua, enemies, and NPCS are rendered differently than the background making it some what jarring. Its not noticeable once your in battle, but the first few minutes of the game look ed a bit off. Espcially since firefly is rendering in the style of the background.

WAT!

Spoony_Tech

Serious fail on UBIsoft's part. Day one patch to fix the sound! In game there is no sound and the menu is horribly messed up. How do I know, I started a game without waiting for the update to finish.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

shingi_70

@Spoony_Tech

That sucks. That must have been the patch I downloaded as well. Good/bad thing about the PS4 is that patches download at the same time as the game is downloading.

WAT!

Spoony_Tech

shingi_70 wrote:

@Spoony_Tech

That sucks. That must have been the patch I downloaded as well. Good/bad thing about the PS4 is that patches download at the same time as the game is downloading.

Oh, so it was system wide! Yeah, all my dl's stacked instead of Dl'ing the patch at the same time.

MERG said:

MarceloKamui

Can't wait to arrive home and play this! I left my wiiu downloading it XD

Let's play Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate!!! o/

Nintendo Network ID: marcelokamui

Rezalack

This is one of the best RPG's I've played in a while. That being said though, I haven't played nor been interested in too many RPG's lately since they haven't really appealed to me aesthetically. This game's battle system just feels so fresh. I love how you can slow the enemys with Ignacius. The artwork is beautiful and with the freedom flying gives it actually makes you feel like exploring is anything but a chore.

I have to cut myself off for the night.. but I have to say, if anyone reading this is even slightly interested in the game.. get it. $15.00 is a steal for the quality that this game gives.

Rezalack

Dreamz

I've been anticipating this game for weeks (which is roughly how long I've had my current avatar), so I"ll save my final verdict for the game for after I've completed it. However, what I've seen of the game thus far has been wonderful and exactly what I expected. However, I can say that it is beyond a shadow of a doubt worth $15. If you've been on the fence about the game, you should definitely take the plunge into Lemuria.

Edited on by Dreamz

My 3rd Party Games List: Click here
U-Wishlist: Splatoon, Zelda U

Spoony_Tech

I need to go to bed as well but this game is like playing a Studio Ghibli Film! Fluid animation and wonderful music! Fresh battle system as well. I'm playing it on hard and so far it's not to bad.

MERG said:

shingi_70

Got to the Tree of torns and the Golem DLC activated.

WAT!

shingi_70

WAT!

Rezalack

shingi_70 wrote:

What do you mean by Golem DLC? There's DLC? O_o

I've just entered the Tree of Thorns and that's where I decided to turn it off. I'm also playing the game on hard because normal wasn't enough of a challenge. I'm really glad they included hard mode from the start. The first boss(es) actually killed me once, which is a good thing. Making me actually need to think out a strategy is always nice.

Rezalack

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.