Topic: "Acheivements" on the Wii U

Showing 141 to 141 of 141

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

141. Posted:

DefHalan wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

milkman910 wrote:

Please NO! They ruin the experience IMO. Playing on PS3 I felt like it took me out of the experience.

You can turn off the pop-ups. Not that it matters, is it really so distracting that a 2 second pop-up can literally ruin the entire experience for you, instead of simply distracting you for all of 2 seconds, and then your attention is back on the game? If so, I think they have pills for that...

It is a type of OCD. When you see that Achievement pop-up your brain tells you there is a certain way to play, then you look at the other achievements and change the way you want to play in order to maximize the amount of achievements you get. This can lead you down a path of planning your entire playthrough around getting certain achievement and in turn destroying the gameplay. I have seen this happen to many people and have experienced this myself. That is how achievements can destroy gameplay, by controlling a players actions

I'll admit that happened to me, so that's why I mostly ignore them now, but it nly happened once, and I was able to overcome it pretty easily despite suffering from some OCD-like symptoms (though I do take meds for them). I still don't think it's that much of a problem, unless you really do have a serious condition, in which case, how is it actually achievements' fault? Like 8bitSamurai said, I don't think something like this should necessarily be shot down to appease an extremely small group of people.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~