Wii U Forum

Topic: 2014 Year Of Wii U?

Showing 21 to 31 of 31

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DudeSean

21. Posted:

Blastoise-san wrote:

I hope people realize that Mario Kart 8 is the equivalent of Super Mario 3D World. Super Mario 3D World is a tribute to previous Mario games and brings new content and Mario Kart 8 will be the exact same thing.

Uhm... every Mario Kart and Super Mario game has been like that, except for the first ones in each series.

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ermacermac

22. Posted:

B_BIackNinja_N wrote:

With the launch many needed KEY titles for the Wii U such as Smash Bros. X, Bayonetta 2, and Mario Kart 8, IS next year the year of Wii U?

As a casual gamer and not "Nintendo fan since **** year", any of these titles doesn't mean much to me, as well as Zelda and Pokemon.
Nintendo still does not capitalize on, what i thought they would since day 1, their touchscreen controller. Yeah here are some sport and fit games, but this is not what i mean under "capitalize", since Kinect can easily do these games too.
Nintendo could use their touchscreen for bringing in popular PC genres that other consoles mostly lack - RTS and point-n-click quests, they also could use it to make 3D shooters much more comfortable to play, and THIS could be their real attraction, instead all they do is just another Mario title, just another Zelda title, just another... ,don't get me wrong, these games are very good, but with much weaker, than other 2 systems, hardware power, Nintendo clearly need to offer something really unique, that other consoles can't, and this is comfortable gameplay in strategies, quests and shooters. Shooters and RTS are HUGE selling genres, and point-n-click quests can be something for more mature casual gamers to play and relax.
Touch screen could work like PCs mouse movements, with your finger instead of mouse laser, and shoulder buttons should be mouse right and left buttons. This is much easier to shoot somebody when you control target on a big enough touchscreen with one of your fingers, than when you try to do so with other systems gamepad sticks.

Until Nintendo will understand that Mario alone can't make a system competitive anymore, and use it's full potential, nothing will change in positive way for them.

ermacermac

AuthorMessage
Avatar

dumedum

23. Posted:

@ermacermac I would agree but Nintendo cannot, (probably, unfortunately) suddenly make an RTS game that will sell millions. It's not their turf you know. Look, the Wii sold 100 million pieces and there was hardly an RTS or point n click quests... think about that. Playing Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis as an unlockable was one of the best experiences I had on the Wii. The dream and potential is there but it's mostly about the incompeteness of third parties. Nintendo makes really good certain games. It can't and shouldn't make all the games in the world.

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DualWielding

24. Posted:

dumedum wrote:

@ermacermac I would agree but Nintendo cannot, (probably, unfortunately) suddenly make an RTS game that will sell millions. It's not their turf you know. Look, the Wii sold 100 million pieces and there was hardly an RTS or point n click quests... think about that. Playing Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis as an unlockable was one of the best experiences I had on the Wii. The dream and potential is there but it's mostly about the incompeteness of third parties. Nintendo makes really good certain games. It can't and shouldn't make all the games in the world.

You could play indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis on Wii? how? If I had known that I may have considered getting a Wii.... Well no I wouldn't have, but my opinion of the Wii would have been a bit less low than it was....

PSN: Fertheseeker

AuthorMessage
Avatar

robertogallo84

25. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

JonnyKong wrote:

Jees Louise.

Here's hoping at least some of those 34 million decide to pick up a console.

If they don't pick up a Wii U now than they won't next year. For all the talks of systems seller's people tend to forget that both Mario Kart Wii and New Super Mario Bros U came out when the WIi was at its height of the cultural Zeigiest and had a giant marketshare. The same can't be same for the Wii U and it will be telling if the Wii U doesn't see big bump this year when Nintendo is pushing everything to get the Wii U back on track. (A price drop, sequels to all the software that made the Wii a massive success, and a Mario in the vein of the one that helped the 3DS when it had a price cut).

What you said is true, however, no one is expecting Mario Kart 8 to sell 30 million copies.

The 3DS had a much bigger price cut. The Wii U is more interesting now in these bundles but it could be bought for 300$ since its release, while the 3DS got a 30% price cut. Mario 3D World and Mario Kart 8 will for sure make an impact on the installed base.

WingedSnagret wrote:

Besides that, most of 3rd party games are dudebro nitty-gritty shooters, in other words a genre that doesn't do well on Nintendo systems to begin with. Yes that's because of Nintendo's family friendly image, but that's not going to change by now.

Instead, the Big N really needs to tap much more into their giant franchise pool. They have one of if not the most diverse IP selection of the entire industry, and lately only a small percentage of that pool is being exploited. Get more teams, reboot old classics while still maintaining the top sellers and introducing new IPs, and finally, at least when more quote unquote "mature" start coming out diversify the marketing beyond happy-go-lucky family commercials.

As a gamer I would be much more satisfied with plenty of exclusives and bigger use of the Nintendo IPs than getting Batman Arkham Origins or Assassins Creed IV.

robertogallo84

AuthorMessage
Avatar

AidenPearce

26. Posted:

KalosN wrote:

Don't forget that Iwata said that high-skilled games would come in 2014!

I hope gta 5 and monster hunter 4 is included,

AidenPearce

AuthorMessage
Avatar

AidenPearce

27. Posted:

robertogallo84 wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

JonnyKong wrote:

Jees Louise.

Here's hoping at least some of those 34 million decide to pick up a console.

If they don't pick up a Wii U now than they won't next year. For all the talks of systems seller's people tend to forget that both Mario Kart Wii and New Super Mario Bros U came out when the WIi was at its height of the cultural Zeigiest and had a giant marketshare. The same can't be same for the Wii U and it will be telling if the Wii U doesn't see big bump this year when Nintendo is pushing everything to get the Wii U back on track. (A price drop, sequels to all the software that made the Wii a massive success, and a Mario in the vein of the one that helped the 3DS when it had a price cut).

What you said is true, however, no one is expecting Mario Kart 8 to sell 30 million copies.

The 3DS had a much bigger price cut. The Wii U is more interesting now in these bundles but it could be bought for 300$ since its release, while the 3DS got a 30% price cut. Mario 3D World and Mario Kart 8 will for sure make an impact on the installed base.

WingedSnagret wrote:

Besides that, most of 3rd party games are dudebro nitty-gritty shooters, in other words a genre that doesn't do well on Nintendo systems to begin with. Yes that's because of Nintendo's family friendly image, but that's not going to change by now.

Instead, the Big N really needs to tap much more into their giant franchise pool. They have one of if not the most diverse IP selection of the entire industry, and lately only a small percentage of that pool is being exploited. Get more teams, reboot old classics while still maintaining the top sellers and introducing new IPs, and finally, at least when more quote unquote "mature" start coming out diversify the marketing beyond happy-go-lucky family commercials.

As a gamer I would be much more satisfied with plenty of exclusives and bigger use of the Nintendo IPs than getting Batman Arkham Origins or Assassins Creed IV.

Um no! Wii u needs a balance of multiplats and exclusives, otherwise I'll trade it in for a ps4, I buy systems for a balance of games, assassins creed is one of my favorite gaming franchises

AidenPearce

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Sinister

28. Posted:

If 3D World and Kart 8 are hits (and i think they will be) the U should be able to sell up to twice as many consoles in its second year compared to its first.

3DS FC: 4553-9946-1131

AuthorMessage
Avatar

rockodoodle

29. Posted:

Sinister wrote:

If 3D World and Kart 8 are hits (and i think they will be) the U should be able to sell up to twice as many consoles in its second year compared to its first.

My five year old step son and both his neighbors have Wii's...... I think there's a bigger number of people out there who will upgrade than people think

rockodoodle

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Solado

30. Posted:

Let the hype go down over the new PS4/XBO and im sure people will start to pick up the Wii U as a second system. Not to mention the new Nintendo games that have grabbed alot of peoples attention. Mario 3D World has done a good job of spreading the Wii U brand with other big names coming up soon too.

I love my Wii U and still only have 1 game for it!

3DS Friend Code: 5429-8131-0873
I love Nintendo, Sony & Microsoft - why? I am a true gamer.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bessestad

31. Posted:

They (some of them) will help Wii U, of course. But i dont believe that any game will "pick it up" in the long term. They will give the platform temporary boosts.

Bessestad