Forums

Topic: VC Recommendations thread

Posts 621 to 640 of 1,082

SKTTR

I second the Light Crusader and Alien Soldier recommendation.

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

brooks83

To those of you who downloaded Ironclad for the Neo Geo, would you reccomend it? I've heard a lot of complaints that the screen is too dark when compared to videos of the game online. I'll probably take the plunge and get it anyways, but I would appreciate any opinions on the game. For whatever reason that is a game I just never got around to downloading.

brooks83

SKTTR

i heard the PAL (EU) version is slower running in 50hz only.
dark screen? try using brightness in your tv settings.

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

that_pope

Mickeymac wrote:

@Waveboy

Yeah, StarTropics is great, I love it a lot. Good luck finishing it though, it's extremely difficult, and pretty cheap at times as well.

I couldn't beat the spaceship dungeon and gave up and haven't revisited it in 2 years...its on my to play list with 30 other games I own.

Edited on by theblackdragon

that_pope

brooks83

I reccomend Black Tiger. It's a fun little 80's arcade game. Although it is kinda short and due to the unlimited continues it isn't too difficult, I still enjoyed it and am glad I bought it. I suppose if you want the game to be more challenging you could just allow yourself 3 continues or something

brooks83

that_pope

I will be picking up Chrono Trigger tonight after work, and will start playing it after I get all the green stars on Super Mario Galaxy 2 (currently have 215 Stars, so that shouldn't take too long). Just started playing the game a few weeks ago after online poker got shut down in the US. So unless anyone somehow randomly convinces me not to get one of my most wanted games of all time that I have never played, that is my plan.

that_pope

Yanchamaru

I need help deciding between Final Fight 3 or Streets of Rage 3. I played all the other titles except these two and would like to know which game is more fun?

Yanchamaru

CanisWolfred

Final Fight 3 is supposedly the best of the Trilogy on the SNES at least. Streets of Rage 3 is pretty good from what I've played of it, but something's off about the controls. They just don't feel as right as Streets of Rage 2's.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Yanchamaru

Thanks for the replies. I decided to go with Streets of Rage 3. My only concern is the difficulty level b/c I heard the hard mode in SOF2 is similar to normal in SOF3.

Yanchamaru

Hokori

thanks guy I think ill pick up F-Zero and Mega Man X next, as for Castlevania IV i already have it

Edited on by Hokori

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

cheetahman91

WaveBoy wrote:

cheetahman91 wrote:

Streets of Rage 3 hands down.

Really? I loved the first 2 back in the day...Not so much anymore, but as for 3....Well the music took a turn for the worse, the visuals suprisngly looked worse than SOR2's and the ammout of enemy clones was sickening.lol Mind you i only played a few levels for it, but that was enough for me.

I agree that it's not as good as the first two, I was just saying that it's way better than Final Fight 3.

Anyways, I need some recommendations from some people. I'm getting a Points card tonight and I'm getting Chrono Trigger and Ys I & 2, but I'll have 800 points left over and I'm not sure what I want to get. Here's a list of VC games I already have:

http://backloggery.com/games.php?user=cheetahman91&consol...

I also have Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection and a few SNES games that are on the VC.

Thanks in advance.

Edited on by cheetahman91

Jesus is the only way.
It's OK to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.
Letterboxd
Youtube Channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-2350-3570-9923 | Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

Gamesake

@cheetahman91 It might be best to save those 800 points until Final Fantasy III(SNES) and Monster World 4 hit the VC. But if you don't want to wait I'd get Secret of Mana or The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past. After that I'd go with Final Fantasy II(SNES), Actraiser, Super Metroid, or Ghosts 'n Goblins (VC Arcade).

...in my pants.

cheetahman91

@Gamesake Thanks for the recommendations. Not really interested in most of them but I'll keep Super Metriod in mind because I've played games that have gameplay that's a little like it.

Jesus is the only way.
It's OK to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.
Letterboxd
Youtube Channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-2350-3570-9923 | Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

Ryno

WaveBoy wrote:

What about Faxanadu for the Nes?

Faxanadu is good fun, stiff, but fun. I originally got it when it came out on the NES and I wonder if I still have it in the attic of my parents house somewhere actually... Good amount of backtracking and always make sure you have enough "golds!" The passwords are long so the VC save state would be a nice help if you like modern conveniences like that
"Daggers and Wingboots, Mantras and Monsters Await You" so if you are up for that enjoy exploring the World Tree!

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

ogo79

i got Faxanadu on VC the day it came out but havent got to play it yet. i usually play one game till i beat it then move on. i watched it on youtube to the end and liked it...but that backtracking thing...yeah ouch

Edited on by ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic