Forums

Topic: VC Recommendations thread

Posts 601 to 620 of 1,082

Ryno

WaveBoy wrote:

Thanks dude!
And you currently don't have an NES you say? Well Clearly I've surpassed you then, you Nes-less weakling.
Plus with my sealed copy of T & C surf for the Nes you're practically useless. I kid, I kid.

And 4 years older huh? I envy you. Why? Because you got to experience more 80's goodness that's why! Somebody zap me back to the 80's. Who wan'ts to build a retro-ized 80's time machine and blast back to everything that was super funky and ultra awesome? Really though,I would of loved to of been born at around 80' instead of 84' sigh*

But oh well, I still got a taste of the late 80's and i'm totaly grateful, the early 90's were pretty damn awesome as well. And I still get a kick out of watching my home video's from 88 and 89' The 80's had such a distinct atmosphere to it, the clothing, the music, I could go on and on.....For now, here's a little 80's synth and some killer mullets for ya.lol

And thanks for the kind words, now go on eBay and get yourself an NES!

And as for StarTropics I was stuck for over an hour on the Captain Bell Piano puzzle last night. Now figuring it out wasn't that tricky to begin with, but i never releasied you had to re-enter the room if you made a mistake, which totaly wonked me out leading me to surf the net and find out if i was actually doing something wrong. But as of now, I can't get past Chapter 5's cave.....Not that's it's too difficult or anything, it's just trying to find out where to go next is screwing me up. Damn these tricky secret passages.

I almost purchased a NES yesterday off of Ebay but I got oubid. But dont fear, my crystal ball told me I will be getting one soon though and then everything will be as it should be. To hold a classic genuine NES controller again will be a feeling unmatched by anthing I can currently imagine... Well, except for maybe going back to the 80's and early 90's and spending my summer vacation playing my NES and SNES while wearing some bright funky clothes! I cannot believe how ridiculously cheap NES Games are going for on ebay! So awesome... Your sealed copy of T&C Surf Designs is like having the Mona Lisa as far as I am concerned.

Great video you posted for everyone to enjoy. Anybody who did not get to experience that live and in living color definitely missed out on one of the most memorable decades. "This is the 80's and I am down with the ladies." That is one of my favorite quotes/lines from the 80's. You know who that was? I to pop in the old VHS home video from time to time from that part of my life. Great stuff

So, what is your super secret sauce recipe for deciding whether you will purchase games for your NES or the VC?

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Ryno

The color on NES VC games is really bugging me. Yesterday, here I am playing and unloading a can of "whip" with everyone's second favorite vampire hunter, Trevor Belmont, and something just feels a bit off. Now that you mention it I realize it was the color. I am going to take your suggestions and fiddle around with my TV's settings. NES games were definitely meant to be played bright and in living color.

Also you would be happy to know I used this:
Untitled

It is nice because it does not overdo the help however, I do still learn some good stuff including to get doubleshot and tripleshot I need to kill enemies 10 times with the sub-weapon. Maybe not a big deal but I never knew that, I always thought it was random but now I get triple shot boomerang a lot more Oh! You will be happy to know StarTropics is one of the games in it by the way! If you dont have a copy of one of these puppies you should definitely consider it for your NES collection.

I probably stared at that picture you posted way more then I should have. haha... It took me back to some good times If only my room looked like that now, that would be so sweet. I heard fashion is cyclical so I cannot wait until the 80's come back, I will welcome it with open arms!

Oh and do you have a top loader NES or classic?

Edited on by theblackdragon

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Tasuki

Ryno wrote:

The color on NES VC games is really bugging me. Yesterday, here I am playing and unloading a can of "whip" with everyone's second favorite vampire hunter, Trevor Belmont, and something just feels a bit off. Now that you mention it I realize it was the color. I am going to take your suggestions and fiddle around with my TV's settings. NES games were definitely meant to be played bright and in living color.

Also you would be happy to know I used this:
Untitled

It is nice because it does not overdo the help however, I do still learn some good stuff including to get doubleshot and tripleshot I need to kill enemies 10 times with the sub-weapon. Maybe not a big deal but I never knew that, I always thought it was random but now I get triple shot boomerang a lot more Oh! You will be happy to know StarTropics is one of the games in it by the way! If you dont have a copy of one of these puppies you should definitely consider it for your NES collection.

I probably stared at that picture you posted way more then I should have. haha... It took me back to some good times If only my room looked like that now, that would be so sweet. I heard fashion is cyclical so I cannot wait until the 80's come back, I will welcome it with open arms!

Oh and do you have a top loader NES or classic?

Oh I how miss my NES Atlas. I used it so much in my NES days that it literally fell apart. I am half tempted to track down a copy one of these days but I am not sure I want to see the price.

Edited on by theblackdragon

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

CanisWolfred

WaveBoy wrote:

I think I'm better off just waiting for Kirby Wii instead.

Yeah, definitely. Both games are the worst Kirby games I've played, and both of them a slow as hell. Kirby 64 in particular is only remotely challenging when you have to use a useless weapon configuration to get a certain crystal shard.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Ryno

I never was interested in Kirby for some reason. I hear good things about them all the time but no dice. If Kirby floats your boat then more power to you.

My main TV is an LCD so I will give your NES VC settings a test drive. Thanks and hopefully it just expands upon the greatness of the overall experience.

So you have the California 80's trippy theme? To cool... So you are Canadian right, west coast British Columbia by chance? I had that Tyco remote control car in that picture to along with some baseball trophies. I did not have the awesome Nintendo game/Nintendo Power eyeball hexagon book ends though! I so wish Oh and that will be one hell of a fantastic Halloween costume!

@Tasuki I only have like 5 or 6 pages loose pages in my NES Atlas. haha...

I never got the Mario Mania (shame on me) but I also have these:
Untitled
Untitled

Please dont ask me to share some of the passwords from "Top Secret Passwords" because they are top secret.

Edited on by Ryno

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Omega

I'm interested in Metal Slug for the VC. But I've heard the game can be quite difficult. Are there unlimited continues in this game or can you insert as many coins as you want like in the arcade games? If not, I think I better pass on this one.

Ωɱɛɡɑ

Weskerb

I have Metal Slug 2, I think you get like 5 continues, but I think you can also join as a 2nd player and get 5 more continues. Neo Geo games get ridiculously difficult towards the end like most classic arcade games.

BTW if you're interested in Metal Slug 1, remember there is a compilation disc, 'SNK anthology' or something, which has that and like 11 other classic Neo Geo games on it. Might be worth a look, as I think it can be found pretty cheaply.

Weskerb

Omega

I've heard the Metal Slug version on the Anthology compilation cannot be played with the classic controller. And I like playing with the classic controller instead of the WiiRemote.

Ωɱɛɡɑ

Gamesake

Omega wrote:

I've heard the Metal Slug version on the Anthology compilation cannot be played with the classic controller. And I like playing with the classic controller instead of the WiiRemote.

You're right. You can't use the classic controller on Metal Slug Anthology. But you can use the classic controller to play the first Metal Slug on SNK Arcade Classics Volume 1. You also have the option of unlimited continues in that version of the game.

...in my pants.

Omega

Thanks. The compilations on DVD are much cheaper but I only want the first one and I'm preferring downloadable games. So can anyone tell me if Metal Slug 1 for VC has unlimited continues? I've even heard there is some kind of load/save-game but I'm pretty unsure how this should work on a NeoGeo console.

I've read about this in the gameFAQs message board.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/946312-metal-slug/43321346

Edited on by Omega

Ωɱɛɡɑ

Hokori

I wanted to get 2 more points cards for my Wii before the 3DS Shop comes.
What 5 800 Point games should I get?
Dynamite Heady? Phantasy Star 2-4? Super Mario Kart? Pilotwings? F-Zero?

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

Gamesake

I'd pick Phantasy Star 4 over 2 and 3.
And It sounds like Chrono Trigger is coming this Monday. It's hasn't aged as well as some fans like to pretend, but I'd still buy it over Phantasy Star 2 and 3.

...in my pants.

Hokori

Gamesake wrote:

I'd pick Phantasy Star 4 over 2 and 3.
And It sounds like Chrono Trigger is coming this Monday. It's hasn't aged as well as some fans like to pretend, but I'd still buy it over Phantasy Star 2 and 3.

sorry I have CT already on my DS

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

cheetahman91

Otak wrote:

I wanted to get 2 more points cards for my Wii before the 3DS Shop comes.
What 5 800 Point games should I get?
Dynamite Heady? Phantasy Star 2-4? Super Mario Kart? Pilotwings? F-Zero?

Dynamite Headdy's a good platformer. Not the best Treasure game, but still pretty good.
Can't say much about Phantasy Star 2 and 3 but I thought 4 was alright from what I played.
Super Mario Kart is an instant recommendation.
F-Zero is recommended too.
As for Pilotwings, haven't played enough of that one to say anything about it.

Here's a couple more recommendations:

Shining Force
Super Castlevania IV

Jesus is the only way.
It's OK to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.
Letterboxd
Youtube Channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-2350-3570-9923 | Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

OverlordMao

I highly recommend Dynamite Headdy if you're looking for a fun platformer. If you're looking for DIFFICULTY, go Super Castlevania IV.

Why do astronauts backtrack?
They forgot the Space Jump Boots.

Gamesake

cheetahman91 wrote:

Here's a couple more recommendations:

Shining Force
Super Castlevania IV

I liked Shining Force II better than the original. I just got them both as part of a collection on STEAM and saved a bundle. Shadow Dancer is next on my list.

@Otak You could also consider Ghosts 'n Goblins (VC Arcade). It's 800 Wii points.

...in my pants.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic