Forums

Topic: The Official GameCube Thread

Posts 281 to 285 of 285

Dogorilla

Is Phantasy Star Online fully playable in offline single-player then? I've heard it's good but wasn't sure if you needed to play it online to get the most out of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NCyD3XoJgM

NESlover85

@Dogorilla From what I remember it is fully playable offline.

In the year of 198X, a super gamer named NESlover85 was created...

3DS Friend Code: 4940-6777-7430 | Nintendo Network ID: NESlover85

Ninfan

Dogorilla wrote:

Is Phantasy Star Online fully playable in offline single-player then? I've heard it's good but wasn't sure if you needed to play it online to get the most out of it.

@Dogorilla it's very dear to get it going online

some of my Favourite games
Rick dangerous ( zx spectrum )
Battletoads ( game boy )
Tomb raider ( play station )
Speed freaks ( play station )
Wario ware ( game boy advance )
Advance wars ( gameboy advance )
Eternal darkness ( gamecube )

3DS Friend Code: 5430-2977-8452 | My Nintendo: Nin10dofan | Nintendo Network ID: 462971 name nin10dofan

Dogorilla

@Ninfan Yeah I can imagine, that's why I wasn't sure if it was worth getting. I'm glad to hear it can be played offline though, I'll probably pick it up at some point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NCyD3XoJgM

Vinny

Beat Sunshine last month. Wow, I actually think it was the hardest 3D Mario game overall. The only 3D Mario I haven't played yet is Odyssey. The sand bird level, man...

I really enjoyed the setting. Some think the levels are too samey but I think did a great job of imagining stuff that would fit the game's theme, like a water park.

In comparison with other "themed" games like, say, Kirby Planet Robobot, there's less moments with a completely different theme. In Robobot, the main feature is the mecha you pilot (there's also a more techno soundtrack and some "cyber" levels), which is really fun but not every single level has you piloting them.
Sunshine has those secret levels that are dettached from the normal stages (and also really hard).

The controls work great, I think FLUDD adds some fun to the platforming. Visually, the water textures actually look pretty good for a 2002 game.

What can I say, I had a fun but also (sometimes) frustating time with this one hahah.

Edited on by Vinny

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic