Forums

Topic: The Official GameCube Thread

Posts 301 to 319 of 319

Ninfan

ThanosReXXX wrote:

@Ninfan I've honestly never heard of that before. So I had to look it up for you.

This is the version that I've got, which is the PAL version:
Untitled
This is the American/NTSC version:
Untitled
And there's also a Player's Choice edition of it:
Untitled

I think I've also found the orange cover you mentioned, but that's actually the German version of the game, easily recognizable by the diamond shaped age indicator on the front:
Untitled

So, not really worth searching for, I'd say. The right version of the game is obviously the PAL version, so the exact same that I have. Unless of course, you've got a modded/region free GameCube.

By the way, information and cover art about practically any Nintendo (or PlayStation) game can be found here:
https://www.gametdb.com/
Which is also where I got all the above covers from.

Just select the category/console on the left, then type the name of the game in the search window, and you'll probably get what you're looking for, the next time you're wondering about various covers...

@ThanosReXXX yes that's the one I'm looking for. with the red cover. How much did you pay for it, around €200 I think. What was the players choice one. Thanks for the help

some of my Favourite games
Rick dangerous ( zx spectrum )
Battletoads ( game boy )
Tomb raider ( play station )
Speed freaks ( play station )
Wario ware ( game boy advance )
Advance wars ( gameboy advance )
Eternal darkness ( gamecube )

3DS Friend Code: 5430-2977-8452 | My Nintendo: Nin10dofan | Nintendo Network ID: 462971 name nin10dofan

ThanosReXXX

@Ninfan The first one, you mean? That's just the regular PAL edition, and I bought it back in the day, when the GameCube was still current gen hardware, so I just paid the normal price for it, when it was still available in shops everywhere. Maybe even a little less, because I was always hunting for bargains...

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

ThanosReXXX

@Ninfan Anyway, I don't know why you'd specifically want a certain cover, because all versions of the game are the same, and you can actually get used copies for quite a reasonable price. Here's some examples:

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Ninfan

@ThanosReXXX well the ones they sold here there was two copys a orange cover with not much game play and a red cover one that cost €200 it was brilliant . Person in the shop said the orange one was just a collector's one.

Battletoads ( game boy )

3DS Friend Code: 5430-2977-8452 | My Nintendo: Nin10dofan | Nintendo Network ID: 462971 name nin10dofan

ThanosReXXX

@Ninfan Yeah... by "collector's issue" he simply meant "just because this color cover isn't naturally available in the UK, I can charge you a heck of a lot more for it". So, he's basically a smart (read: first class a*hole) sales man, who wants to trick people out of their money. That'll only work on people not in the know, obviously. I would simply take one look at that cover, see the German age indicator, and laugh in his face for trying to fool someone who's smarter than him.

There is no collector's edition from Viewtiful Joe, and as you can see from those links I posted above, the prices for second hand versions are still very fair, and it's a REALLY good game, so if you're even remotely interested, then I'd say just go for it.

Ninfan

@Octane hello ,did you start this thread. if you did do you know a lot about gamecube ??
If you did i just have a quick question for you.

Battletoads ( game boy )

Gamecuber

@Octane how many Gamecubes would it take to fill the Grand Canyon 🤔

‘You swapped those 3 games for Pokemon Stadium? Where’s your pride? You’re dignity?!?

‘....I traded it for a Pikachu...’

Octane

@Gamecuber Zero. The earth is flat, the grand canyon is a lie.

Octane

Ninfan

Octane wrote:

@Ninfan I know everything.

@Octane I think I asked you or Somone on nl this question before. Can the gamecube connect to other ones to play each other, without having broadband. I don't mean local play, I mean from maybe a mile or more away. I thought I read in a gamecube magazine before that it does, I mean, cheapest you will get a pre-owend one is €120, that's very dear for something that only use s a private server, for one game, I'm nearly certain I read it in one of those mags that it can go over big distances without broadband , Or maybe I was dreaming. Please reply back !

Battletoads ( game boy )

Octane

@Ninfan Can't do. You don't need it. Get yourself a Cube and a copy of Mario Sunshine, tucker away in a dark corner with a bag of doritos and mountain dew and enjoy your offline time. Won't get any better than that.

Octane

ThanosReXXX

@Ninfan Where the heck did you get those prices from? A pre-owned GameCube definitely doesn't have to cost that much. Here's a couple of examples from your region:

https://www.retrogames.co.uk/052040/Nintendo/Gamecube-Console...
https://www.retrogames.co.uk/015784/Nintendo/Gamecube-Silver-...
https://consolepassion.co.uk/products/nintendo-gamecube/conso...
https://consolepassion.co.uk/products/nintendo-gamecube/conso...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Ninfan

@ThanosReXXX i payed €120 for a broadband adaptor for a gamecube not €120 for just a gamecube. Sorry maybe I didn't write that correctly in my post you read

Battletoads ( game boy )

ThanosReXXX

@Ninfan Ah, that clarifies it. And no, that wasn't exactly clear from your comment. You could check either of those sites for those adapters as well. Might be that these aren't as expensive either.

As for your original question:

Here's an example for long distance multiplayer:
https://gaming.stackexchange.com/questions/169781/is-it-possi...
Other games will be available on private servers as well, you just need to Google "GameCube online multiplayer" and then add the name of the game you want to find.

And here are options for LAN play:

Ninfan

What was the bonus disk in metroid prime 2 echos

Battletoads ( game boy )

ThanosReXXX

@Ninfan Here's your answer...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Ninfan

Donkey kong tropical freeze got number 1 spot in the top 50 donkey kong games on NL , I don't know how donkey konga didn't get top spot it was totally new and brilliant😑

Edited on by Ninfan

Battletoads ( game boy )

Ninfan

People keep saying there's a lot of noise coming from there switchs, that it doesn't sound right. My gamecube is 20 years old and still plays great, even with a bit of a knocking ...

Battletoads ( game boy )

Gamecuber

Nothing can match the noise coming from my PS2. I’ve heard jet engines quieter...

‘You swapped those 3 games for Pokemon Stadium? Where’s your pride? You’re dignity?!?

‘....I traded it for a Pikachu...’

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic