Retro Forum

Topic: Sorry Nintendo home consoles, I'm done with you. (My top 10 Nintendo Exclusives of all-time)

Showing 81 to 100 of 124

AuthorMessage
Avatar

AlexSays

81. Posted:

dumedum wrote:

So you are saying that there will not be an Uncharted 4 that will look exactly the same?

Considering the devs have said they're done with that and have moved on to developing another game, why would I assume there will be a fourth game?

Okay.
Prime 1 WAS radically different than Prime 2.
I don't know what they can do with GT because I don't care.

How was Prime 2 radically different than Prime 1? lol

And you don't know how they could change GT, but you're going to keep ridiculing them because they're not changing it? (Ignoring the fact its a SIMULATOR lol)

In case you missed it:
Publisher Rankings show that Nintendo is usually ranked higher than Sony on metacritic. Last year it was a bit below, but usually higher. No Sony game has reached the heights of Super Mario Galaxy, Super Mario Galaxy 2 or Ocarina of Time in critic reception. In 2010, Nintendo was ranked 2nd (!) and Sony was pathetically ranked 7th. http://www.metacritic.com/feature/game-publisher-rankings-for... In fact, most Sony franchises are not getting that good scores, the recent God of War showed that the reviewers are tired of the same ol' thing I guess.

I can go down this road..

Wii games made by Nintendo over 90 on metacritic: 8
PS3 games made by Sony over 90 on metacritic: 14

Feel free to shift the goal posts, as I'm sure you will, but the result will be the same.

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays

AuthorMessage
Avatar

AlexSays

82. Posted:

Longforgotten wrote:

But you know this isn't the NES days anymore where there was like 1 place to go for the complete gaming experience.

That is only a good sign I guess. I just choose Nintendo because I like their games the most, easy as that right? what is the problem again?

Who is saying that's a problem? lol

Its been said repeatedly in this thread that people like different things. Yet when someone mentions Sony as also having good exclusives, Nintendo fans act as if you've just insulted their heritage and denounced their family.

AlexSays

AuthorMessage
Avatar

dumedum

83. Posted:

Obviously you never even played the Prime series if you're asking that.
No, you can't go down that road. Because the Publisher Rankings made a more scientific analysis. You're also incorrect. And seemed to forget the existance of other Nintendo and Sony consoles. Well I understand why you forgot for Sony... the PSP is not filled with greatly reviewed games after all.

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

AuthorMessage
Avatar

dumedum

84. Posted:

here it is...

DS above 90 for Nintendo:
Flipnote Studio
Mario Kart DS
Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story
The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
Advance Wars: Dual Strike

For Sony:
God of War (before the last flop.)

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MAB

85. Posted:

Silent Hill 0 PSP - Poopy fest... forgot about that one for good reason too ;)

MAB

AuthorMessage
Avatar

AlexSays

86. Posted:

So you have no ways that Prime 2 is radically different? And we're ignoring the fact its universally recognized as being a sequel that just improved upon the previous game (ala Uncharted 1 and 2)..

Ok, and then we're also ignoring metacritic because it doesn't provide a 'scientific analysis'.

Ok, and then we're bringing up the PSP because the attempts to bash the PS3 have encountered issues.

Well I must say, I do believe you won this one. Nintendo has changed their games more over 20 years than Sony has in 4 years, Sony is not doing a great job of radically changing their car simulator (why can't those cars fly yet jeez), and when using your special criteria and scientific analysis, Nintendo barely beats Sony sometimes in scoring (while ignoring all other sites and criteria).

You have shown me the light, thank you

AlexSays

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WaveWarlock

87. Posted:

Silent Hill went to total bowser dookie the moment Team Silent(Konami Japan) passed their franchise over to western devs after SH4: The Room. Yet SH: Shattered Memories on the wii was pretty decent, but in my experience that's only because of the wicked flash light pointer controls and motion/pointer based puzzle solving and how you could interact with the environments....

Otherwise, it was pretty dissapointing.I could only imagine how sucky it would of been to use those clunky twin sticks on the dual shock controller. Anyhoo, Konami needs to save SH and take it back from these western goober heads who keep destroying the franchise sequal after sequal. they just don't 'get' silent hill....

Untitled

Edited on by WaveWarlock

Currently Playing: Ghouls 'n Ghosts!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MAB

88. Posted:

@WaveBlaster Yeah a little too much HD and not alot of that old school awesomeness mate ;)

Untitled

Edited on by MAB

MAB

AuthorMessage
Avatar

dumedum

89. Posted:

AlexSays wrote:

So you have no ways that Prime 2 is radically different? And we're ignoring the fact its universally recognized as being a sequel that just improved upon the previous game (ala Uncharted 1 and 2)..

New sound models, weapon effects, and art designs, the Screw Attack and wall jumping features, for some. It's really a completely different game.

Ok, and then we're also ignoring metacritic because it doesn't provide a 'scientific analysis'.

actually you're the one who's ignoring it. Metacritic did Publisher Rankings and finds Nintendo superior.

Ok, and then we're bringing up the PSP because the attempts to bash the PS3 have encountered issues.

No, it's because we're talking about companies, not consoles. Hint: Ocarina of Time is not a Wii game either. It's why it was mentioned. It's Nintendo. Also Pokemon, Advance Wars etc. Regardless of specific console. Nintendo's best reviewed games, again on Metacritic too, span all consoles.

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WaveWarlock

90. Posted:

MadAussieBloke wrote:

@WaveBlaster Yeah a little too much HD and not alot of that old school awesomeness mate ;)

Yup, Silent Hill has been hollywoodized with flashy cinematic flare to boot. :p In the PS1 original, you gradually descended into darkness, which was actually pretty damn unsettling... the world never peeled apart in front of your eyes like it did in the live action film which western devs used in every single release that came afterwards....it just wasn't scary...it looked 'neat' if anything and i don't want to be saying or thinking neat went i enter the world of silent hill.lol. Team silent got it right.....well 3 times, and 4:The Room i'm sure is an absolute masterpiece compared to the silent stinkers that came afterwards.

The twitchy nurses have overstayed their welcome. I prefer the burping tranny man-nurses from 4 anyways. ;)

Edited on by WaveWarlock

Currently Playing: Ghouls 'n Ghosts!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MAB

91. Posted:

The peeling wall crap started in Homecoming and moved onto Downpour... Zombie nurse melons FTW ;)

MAB

AuthorMessage
Avatar

AlexSays

92. Posted:

New sound models, weapon effects, and art designs, the Screw Attack and wall jumping features, for some. It's really a completely different game.

New sound models and weapon effects, really? Ok, we can go down this road as well.

GameSpy wrote:

It's easily the best title for GameCube this year, and while there's really not all that much new in terms of game mechanics, play style, and presentation, what you're ultimately left with is a rock-solid sequel that offers a bigger, harder, more rewarding challenge than the first game.

NintendoPower wrote:

A much fuller, richer game than "Metroid Prime." That, combined with amazing level design, overcomes the sense of deja vu that permeates the title. [Jan 2004, p.134]

NintendoWorldReport wrote:

Easily lives up to its predecessor's outstanding degree of polish, while subtly enhancing some elements of story and mood. In terms of raw quality, disregarding legacy and innovation, Metroid Prime 2: Echoes is easily one of the best titles on GameCube and of this entire generation.

Yes, entirely different game. I'm not sure why they even kept the same name!

NintendoWorldReport wrote:

actually you're the one who's ignoring it. Metacritic did Publisher Rankings and finds Nintendo superior.

That link you provided is for one year, and there are so many factors that go into their formula it is ridiculous. They include all games published, not developed by. They counted 'Kung Fu Rider' as being a Sony game.

This is the ownage you're claiming? That if you ignore the highest rated games on Metacritic, and include bad games not developed by Sony, then Nintendo wins? Despite having many higher ranked games? Ok then

No, it's because we're talking about companies, not consoles. Hint: Ocarina of Time is not a Wii game either. It's why it was mentioned. It's Nintendo. Also Pokemon, Advance Wars etc. Regardless of specific console. Nintendo's best reviewed games, again on Metacritic too, span all consoles.

We've been talking about consoles this whole time

Now you're shifting goal posts to the PSP because you're not having any luck with the PS3. If you want to compare Nintendo's and Sony's handheld efforts, knock yourself out. Won't be with me though because I don't follow either. We've been talking about console games this entire thread, you just keep shifting your position to avoid being wrong about anything.

I would still like to know how Sony is supposed to make each version of GT radically different. At least they radically change the physics involved in the game's mechanics. What does Mario Kart change every time? Characters, tracks? Ok GT does that. Online? GT had it a while ago. What else?

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays

AuthorMessage
Avatar

AlexSays

93. Posted:

Just for giggles.. Uncharted 2 reviews

PlaystationUniverse wrote:

With Among Thieves, Naughty Dog has shattered the proverbial bar it created with the 2007 original. This is quite possibly the best game to have graced the PS3, and without a doubt one of the greatest titles ever conceived.

Oh noes, you used a Sony site. Yes, did the same with Metroid, but of course I'm sure Sony sites are super biased and Nintendo sites are fair and balanced..

GiantBomb wrote:

Naughty Dog set out with a very specific goal in mind, and in focusing intently on that goal, they blew right past it. Uncharted 2 is a sublime example of how to make a great action game, the result of fantastic execution on every aspect of the game's design and development. It's the best, most memorable game I've played in a long, long time.

1Up wrote:

Uncharted 2 is simply a vast improvement over its predecessor, and it's a damn great PS3 game. Let's leave the "are games art?" question for another time; what Uncharted 2 proves is that games are, at the very least, craft. Just as Raiders is Spielberg at the top of his game, Uncharted 2 is Naughty Dog at the top of theirs, and further proof that they are masters of their craft. [Grade = A+]

GameFocus wrote:

While it may not re-invent anything, Naughty Dog makes it feel like something new thanks to their care for detail and wish to deliver a one-of-a-kind experience. If past PS3 exclusives such as Metal Gear Solid 4 and Killzone 2 set a foothold in the Playstation landscape, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves tops everything we've seen so far, whether it's a first or third-party title. I will not go as far to name it "Game of the Century" because it's a bold statement. However, it does take a spot on the short list of outstanding games that will be often copied but never reproduced.

OMG you're right, this game was JUST LIKE the previous one! Thankfully Nintendo fans don't have to deal with these repeated and monotonous games! Instead you get games like Prime 2, which has new sound effects, yay!

Just for more giggles.. TLOU reviews..

IGN wrote:

Its unrivaled presentation in particular sets the bar even higher than the Uncharted trilogy already did, and its writing, voice acting and layered gameplay combine to create what is very easily the game to beat for Game of the Year 2013.

Vandal wrote:

This is the most ambitious project Naughty Dog has made so far. It's not a new genre, but it mixes up some of them to bring something unique. It's got nothing to do with Uncharted apart from the look some images may show, but still is one of the best games on PlayStation 3.

Yep, I am so thankful Nintendo's devs do not create games like these. These could really tarnish the Wii U's great image as a console with riveting stories and gameplay.

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays

AuthorMessage
Avatar

dumedum

94. Posted:

New sound models and weapon effects, really? Ok, we can go down this road as well.
Yes, entirely different game. I'm not sure why they even kept the same name!

You know, I kinda feel sorry for you because I'm not going to read these reviews. I'm not sure what's the point you're trying to make. Yeah, I know Naughty Dog made a good movie. Hey, here is an idea for you: try to make your own opinion! Here's one right in this thread:

other NL users wrote:

actually the experience of metroid prime 2 WAS radically different :)

see , not cherrypicking and misquoting. An actual opinion.

AlexSays wrote:

That link you provided is for one year, and there are so many factors that go into their formula it is ridiculous. They include all games published, not developed by. They counted 'Kung Fu Rider' as being a Sony game.

oh wait, so Metacritic is accurate or not? LOL. Try not to contradict yourself every second.

We've been talking about consoles this whole time

Really? Oh you're right of course... I just played Uncharted on my Sony. Sony is a great console. I like the black Sony not the white Sony. Sony has a harddrive. What was I thinking? I will plug in my Nintendo. Strawman arguments. We never discussed consoles. Only Sony and Nintendo. They are companies. No seriously they are.

https://www.google.com/finance?q=nintendo&ei=ezfDUeDUA5DC...
https://www.google.com/finance?q=sony&ei=mDfDUfjgJorFwAOxdw

I don't know how you missed it really... it says it right there "Sony CORPORATION". A corporation is a company, not a console.

Now you're shifting goal posts to the PSP because you're not having any luck with the PS3. If you want to compare Nintendo's and Sony's handheld efforts, knock yourself out. Won't be with me though because I don't follow either. We've been talking about console games this entire thread, you just keep shifting your position to avoid being wrong about anything.

Ehhmmmm. No. Let's recap:

I showed you that Nintendo is generally superior to Sony in its Publisher Rankings. Up until then we were talking whether Nintendo or Sony has fresh IP's etc. IP is your favorite buzz word, you see.

You, defeated, decided to count, incorrectly, the number of games above 90 (why 90 no one knows) of the Wii and the PS3. This was the first time consoles were even mentioned. I explained to you that Sony as a company produces less stellar games, and not as you claimed - that it's constantly reviewed better. Those less stellar games many on the PS3 but also on its portable flops. You, defeated, were sad.

Edited on by dumedum

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

AuthorMessage
Avatar

AlexSays

95. Posted:

So you're going to ignore the fact many reviewers say Metroid Prime 2 is a similar experience. You're going to ignore the fact many reviewers say Uncharted 2 was a much improved experience (similarly to what they said about MP2)

You're going to ignore games actually produced by Sony and define their quality based on games they also published but had no role in making. You're going to ignore every other year, because they had that arbitrary number higher that year (despite acknowledging they were lower last year).

We've been talking about games evolving on consoles this entire time, but now you're going to ignore that and talk about the entire company. You're going to ignore the fact Nintendo's handheld history is much greater, and still compare its entire history to Sony's handhelds.

You're going to ignore all of the high quality games on the PS3 because Sony also publishes lesser quality titles for other developers and they bring down an imaginary number you follow. You're also going to ignore every high quality PS3 game because they release handheld games that aren't as great.

And you're going to do all of this while waving a victory flag. Only on NintendoLife, folks.

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays

AuthorMessage
Avatar

dumedum

96. Posted:

oops some missed reviews for Prime 2:

Gamestyle 100 To match such thrill-a-minute environments, the level design, puzzles, and boss fights are all insanely original.

Da Gameboyz 100 An amazing masterpiece that is unmatched by any Next-Gen game. The areas are put together flawlessly, the enemies are very cool and the bosses are few but amazing.

GameBiz 96 But if you throw away expectations of Metroid Prime: Volume 2, and instead think of it as Metroid: Echoes - a separate game - you'll realise that the changes Retro made are just as amazing as the transition to Gamecube was for the original.

No game this year casts its web with such distinct mood and sci-fi wonder.

and for uncharted 2...

GameZone The game has some repetition

LEVEL (Czech Republic) 90 Uncharted 2 shows what an interactive movie should look like

Gamers.at critics might say that Uncharted 2 doesn't do anything new.

Games Master UK What it lacks in originality

JUST FOR GIGGLES.

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

AuthorMessage
Avatar

AlexSays

97. Posted:

So I post the entire summary, and you post three words. And then accuse me of a strawman. Even then, this does nothing but reaffirm the fact both games were similar but improved upon their sequels.

Very odd cookie you are.

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays

AuthorMessage
Avatar

dumedum

98. Posted:

Ok, I should be less harsh on your contradictions and nonsense. I'm still confused. Is Metacritic good now or bad? Is Naughty Dog a company that Sony acquired and now publishes its games, or a developer, or... wait, so original developer somehow but crappy publisher... right, you make a lot of sense. The things Sony developed are beta max and mini discs, no?
So I will give you the last word. Go ahead, make me giggle again.

Edited on by dumedum

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

AuthorMessage
Avatar

AlexSays

99. Posted:

Metacritic is great. Shows how much better Sony supported their console last gen.

Sony wrote:

Uncharted 2 96
LittleBigPlanet 95
The Last of Us 95
God of War III 92
Uncharted 3 92
Journey 92
Ico & SOTC Collection 92
LittleBigPlanet 2 91
MLB The Show 2010 91
God of War Collection 91
Killzone 2 91
MLB The Show 2011 90
MLB The Show 2009 90
Wipeout HD Fury 89
Ratchet and Clank ToD 89
Uncharted 88
Heavy Rain 87
MLB The Show 2012 87
Wipeout HD 87
Flower 87
Pixeljunk Shooter 87
Ratchet and Clank: ACIT 87
Resistance: FoM 86
Pixeljunk Eden Encore 86
The Sly Collection 85
Super Stardust HD 85
Infamous 85
Motorstorm 84
God of War Origins Collection 84
Killzone 3 84
Gran Turismo 5 84
Warhawk 84
Pixeljunk Monsters 83
Resistance 3 83
Ratchet and Clank Collection 83
Infamous 2 83
Modnation Racers 82
Motorstorm PR 82
Echochrome 81
Jak and Daxter Collection 81
God of War Ascension 80
(Left out another three Pixeljunk games)

Compared to:

Nintendo wrote:

Galaxy 97
Galaxy 2 97
Twilight Princess 95
Brawl 93
Skyward Sword 93
Xenoblade 92
Metroid Prime Trilogy 91
Metroid Prime 3 90
New Super Mario Bros Wii 87
Donkey Kong Country Returns 87
Sin and Punishment 87
Kirby's Epic Yarn 86
Fluidity 86
Punch Out 86
Maboshi's Arcade 85
Super Paper Mario 85
WarioWare Smooth Moves 83
Rhythm Heaven Fever 83
Mario Kart Wii 82
Art Style 82
Kirby's Dream Collection 82
Wii Sports Resort 80
Wii Fit Plus 80
Wii Fit 80
(This includes everything)

These are games published, using your own rules. I know this was a grand waste of time, but if you're still sticking to the idea of Nintendo being a vastly greater publisher in quality and quantity, there's not much I can do to help your disillusionment.

And since you want to laugh, I'll throw in what the GT series should add according to your logic.

Untitled

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays

AuthorMessage
Avatar

dumedum

100. Posted:

That alone looks like a much better game lol.
I know I know, I said it would be my last post, SORRY, but how can anyone take you seriously? Your have OCD'd compiled meaningless lists - newsflash - Nintendo has long past the Wii and already has a new generation, and what does "its console" mean? So the 3DS is not a console? DS? What is a console. A rose by any other name. LOL.

But seriously, I'm just looking at your list, I don't see Wii Sports, I don't see that other Kirby game, Kirby Return to DreamLand, I don't see Fire Emblem, Mario Tennis New Control, DK New Control, 2 Pikmin new controls, I don't see WarioLand, I don't see a whole other bunch of stuff, I don't even see Metroid Other M (were you drunk when you wrote that list? ) so excuse me for doubting anything you say. Your list is as always incorrect. And with that I bid you farewell Snoopy.

Edited on by dumedum

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba