Retro Forum

Topic: Sorry Nintendo home consoles, I'm done with you. (My top 10 Nintendo Exclusives of all-time)

Showing 101 to 120 of 124

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

101. Posted:

tl;dr

uses Metacritic as valid source for anything

lolololol

(though if Yoshi avatar person brought up Metacritic before, its his fault)

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

AlexSays

102. Posted:

dumedum wrote:

Nintendo has long past the Wii and already has a new generation

Okay. If you subtract the games since the Wii U has launched, the PS3 still wins. This doesn't help you.

and what does "its console" mean? So the 3DS is not a console? DS? What is a console. A rose by any other name. LOL.

A console and a handheld are different. They're both systems and platforms, but the 3DS is not a console. This is a widely accepted usage of the term, seriously go look it up.

But seriously, I'm just looking at your list, I don't see Wii Sports, I don't see that other Kirby game, I don't see WarioLand, I don't see a whole other bunch of stuff, so excuse me for doubting anything you say. Your list is as always incorrect. And with that I bid you farewell Snoopy.

My list is incorrect because those games didn't score highly enough to make the list?

I'm sorry, would you like me to expand the list for these lesser quality titles and include some more Sony games as well?

AlexSays

AuthorMessage

Xilef

103. Posted:

Is it just me or has there been way more fanboy fights lately around here? Post E3 effect or something? Can't we use our time for something more fun and mature (that goes for both sides)? People have different opinions, you can't list Metacritic and tell someone that one company is bether.

Edited on by Xilef

3DS FC: 4940 5422 5472

AuthorMessage

HeatBombastic

104. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

tl;dr

uses Metacritic as valid source for anything

lolololol

I know the use of tl;dr, but what exactly is its meanings?

NNID: HeatBombastic

Haaaave fun.

AuthorMessage

AlexSays

105. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Bingo

Thankfully you accounted for this scenario before jumping to conclusions

Xilef wrote:

Is it just me or has there been way more fanboy fights lately around here? Post E3 effect or something?

Yes I am a raging Sony fanboy, using statistics and actual data to say one company isn't vastly superior over the other, like people would like me to believe.

Xilef wrote:

People have different opinions, you can't list Metacritic and tell someone that one company is bether.

Oh good lord

Someone used MC to say Nintendo was the better publisher. I used the site to show Sony has just as many, and actually more, highly quality games that it publishes.

Using MC is far more rational than blindly believing Nintendo is vastly superior because everyone tells me its true.

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays

AuthorMessage

Captain_Balko

106. Posted:

GUYS, GUYS, GUYS! I have an idea. HOW ABOUT we all hold hands and sing together? Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft, PC, and whatever else you may be, lets all stop fighting and be bestest pals. It ain't easy being a Nintendo fan, it ain't easy being a PS fan, and it CERTAINLY ain't easy being a X-Box fan (right now).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvgCvT9xX7A&NR=1&featu...

..Anybody know how to embed videos?

Edited on by Captain_Balko

Captain_Balko

AuthorMessage

Reala

107. Posted:

Captain_Balko wrote:

GUYS, GUYS, GUYS! I have an idea. HOW ABOUT we all hold hands and sing together? Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft, PC, and whatever else you may be, lets all stop fighting and be bestest pals. It ain't easy being a Nintendo fan, it ain't easy being a PS fan, and it CERTAINLY ain't easy being a X-Box fan (right now).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvgCvT9xX7A&NR=1&featu...

..Anybody know how to embed videos?

I thought I knew anyway, not sure what's wrong with it though if you quote something it will show how it was done so if you see a working vid press quote to see, it seems you have to take the A&NR=1&feature=endscreen part of the code thanks to MetallicDonkey for figuring it out.

Edited on by Reala

there's nothing that's certain... of that you can be certain

AuthorMessage

KingDunsparce

108. Posted:

Xilef wrote:

Can't we use our time for something more fun and mature (that goes for both sides)?

Yes, please. I'm sick of arguments.
@HeatBombastic tl;dr stands for too long; didn't read

Edited on by KingDunsparce

"I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!" ―Cave Johnson
Join the Chit-Chat Crew! :P
Behold: My Sparceloggery
Needs more Dunsparce. Much better

3DS Friend Code: 2938-6384-0441 | Nintendo Network ID: Pikminsi

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

109. Posted:

Some people like Nintendo, while others like Playstation. Just leave it at that.
I think the difference is what you would rather have, not which one's better.
They both have their different audiences.

/thread

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

I-U

110. Posted:

dumedum wrote:

AlexSays wrote:

So you have no ways that Prime 2 is radically different? And we're ignoring the fact its universally recognized as being a sequel that just improved upon the previous game (ala Uncharted 1 and 2)..

New sound models, weapon effects, and art designs, the Screw Attack and wall jumping features, for some. It's really a completely different game.

Why didn't you mention environment designs? That's the first thing I would've mentioned. Anyways, Prime 2 and Prime aren't radically different from each other, but there are enough differences between the two for each to stand out.

Favorite Game: Metroid Prime Hunters

AuthorMessage

KryptoKrunch

111. Posted:

CapnPancakes wrote:

Do Playstation fans still feel the need to go on an off-topic rant to defend their console against one person's ignorance? Apparently so.

Anyway, I don't really see the point of this thread, but if announcing it to the world makes you feel better I guess.

This X1000.

Playstation fans are the most defensive fanbase from what I've seen, so you're right.

This isn't the first time we've had a thread like this, where someone rages and declares they either don't like Nintendo anymore or won't be buying their products anymore or whatever it may be. I try so hard to care about these kinda threads, but I don't.

http://www.prizerebel.com/index.php?r=KryptoKrunch

[3DS Friend Code: 2793-1322-9869] Pokemon X/Y FS Type: Bug.
[NNID: KryptoniteKrunch]

AuthorMessage

AlexSays

112. Posted:

KryptoKrunch wrote:

This X1000.

Playstation fans are the most defensive fanbase from what I've seen, so you're right.

So if people say things that are untrue towards other consoles, you feel as if people should just ignore this?

I can use this logic in my favor and say something completely untrue and negative towards the Wii U, and then people can't argue or they will just be defensive fanboys, right?

AlexSays

AuthorMessage

HeatBombastic

113. Posted:

@FOREST_RANGER Positives and Negatives of a thoughtful post.

Positives: It's obvious to what point you're making. Intelligence, etc. all that good stuff

Negatives: SOO LOOONG, I CAN'T REEEEAAAD. (I did, but I'm sure some of us didn't)

@Peach64 That was ironic wasn't it :)

Haaaave fun.

AuthorMessage

cheetahman91

114. Posted:

Why is this thread in the retro section?

Nintendolife Chatroom
Backloggery
GameSpot
Youtube
Jesus is the only way.
It's OK for someone to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.

Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

AuthorMessage

the_shpydar

115. Posted:

I, for one, am so glad you're back, Alex.

Though as you succinctly stated a few pages back, sometimes it doesn't matter how logically and clearly you articulate your points, there will constantly be children and/or fanboys who will refuse to look at something through anything other than illogical rose-colored lenses.

Welcome back, bro. :)

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong. Also, Lindsey Stirling. Because violin awesomeness.
Current E.T. count: 25 Copies. 2 Sealed, 7 CIB, 3 Boxed, 13 Cart-Only.

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

AuthorMessage

Varia01

116. Posted:

ngamer155 wrote:

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
❤ ❤ ❤ BYE-BYE! ❤ ❤ ❤

Best post ever!

My dad posts on Tumblr! Those pictures are nifty and summarized what was shown at E3. Great post, man! :)

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 3, Zelda Twilight Princess, & Metroid Other M
Hyped for: Sonic Lost World, Super Smash Bros 3DS, & Dream Team

Even though I have beaten many of the games I'm still playing, I play them not to win, but to have fun.

AuthorMessage

AlexSays

117. Posted:

the_shpydar wrote:

Though as you succinctly stated a few pages back, sometimes it doesn't matter how logically and clearly you articulate your points, there will constantly be children and/or fanboys who will refuse to look at something through anything other than illogical rose-colored lenses.

Thanks for the kind words, I appreciate it!

Once I get back to my PC in a couple weeks I'll have to add you on steam. Always looking for people to play with for some games (PSN too, just not as much any more).

AlexSays

AuthorMessage

HeatBombastic

118. Posted:

the_shpydar wrote:

Expecting children and fanboys to say something stupid is no reason to outright ignore and instantly claim their comments as invalid. It's like what people call trolls. Once people establish you as a troll, nearly everything you say will be thrown in the garbage. I still say Alex is wrong about ze fanboys will haunt you for everything you say, no matter what you say-thing. But that's another comment.

Haaaave fun.

AuthorMessage

MAB

119. Posted:

@WaveBrostar Anyway back to the more mature discussion about 'what was awesome on earlier Playstations then turned to poop on PS3'

Recap from Silent Hill discussion
PS2 - Awesome
PS3 - Poop

Resi Evil series
RE1 PSX - Awesome
RE2 PS2 - Awesome
RE3 PS2 - Awesome
RECV PS2 - OK but no as good as the others
REDA PS2 - Poop
RE4 PS2 - Gamecube port... Better on Gamecube
RE5 PS3 - OK but not as good as RE4
RE6 PS3 - Poopy
RERevelations - This 3DS port was better then RE5 + 6 ;)

MAB

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

120. Posted:

MadAussieBloke wrote:

@WaveBrostar Anyway back to the more mature discussion about 'what was awesome on earlier Playstations then turned to poop on PS3'

Recap from Silent Hill discussion
PS2 - Awesome
PS3 - Poop

Resi Evil series
RE1 PSX - Awesome
RE2 PS2 - Awesome
RE3 PS2 - Awesome
RECV PS2 - OK but no as good as the others
REDA PS2 - Poop
RE4 PS2 - Gamecube port... Better on Gamecube
RE5 PS3 - OK but not as good as RE4
RE6 PS3 - Poopy
RERevelations - This 3DS port was better then RE5 + 6 ;)

Man, Resident Evil(except for 6. :p ) is my specialty, i'll never forget the original that started it all back on the PS1. I'd say it's still the grand daddy of the zombie lot, regardless of the cheesy voice acting! hearing characters interact with each other via real voices was earth shattering to the gaming scene back when bits were 32. zoink!

RE1 - 10
Forget Alone in the dark for the PC. This was the REALbirth of survival horror. pretty damn Groundbreaking! Barry B would totaly agree.)

RE2 - 8.5
Points off for Leon's bowl cut and neon blue police force jump suit. :p

RE3: Nemesis - 9
Best sequal hands down, This felt like a b-grade long lost Romero film in polygons & bits. Taking out the undead in the streets of Racoon City was refreshing and INtense.

RE:CV - 2
Couldn't stand this one. Those nasty 3D polygon backgrounds, ridiculous plot that boardered into scfi territory and leonardo dicap-I mean steve were terrible additions to a series that actually felt grounded. Where as this one started throwing in Matrix inspired kung fu(cough Wesker) and boasted character models that looked like pretty `n plastic squeeky clean porcelain dolls.

Remake - 8
A smidge overrated, i didn't enjoy it as much as the original. But it's still one of the best in the series

Zero - 7
Those Leach Monster/marcus clones(whatever) were funkin scarylicious, but what was up with Rebecca? She always seemed dazed and confused. That`s the hilarious thing about the earlier RE games, the characters seem completely oblivious to what`s happening around them. A normal person, be it cop or civilian would be scared sh**less if they came face to face with a Zombie, Cerburus or Hunter ect. but S.T.A.R.S. act like it`s just another day on the job, even in the first RE game which introduced the outbreak.lol

RE4
I've grown to hate this one, better with pointer controls but i can't stand the setting, soundtrack and characters. it's got great game design and phenomenal controls though. Oonfala stellos!"

RE5
In ways i even prefered it over 4, must of been the entire rivalry between Chris and Wesker. it was totaly cut & paste, Shiva always kept taking your nicely lined up shots, and they royally effed up the majini's in terms of how they react to bullets. They don't stumble when you pop them in the knees this time out!

RE: Revelations
Hardly a revelation. durp! A mixed bag of semi-classic RE goodness with mindless episodic shootouts that completely bogged down the experience...Which felt like cheap a** filler to the extend the game. The final boss battle was glorious though. The Aqua Tyrant is Possibly one of the greatest end boss the franchise has ever seen.

Man, the destro of thread derailing is at it again! ;)

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!