Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 5,921 to 5,940 of 11,914

NEStalgia

@DarthNocturnal I don't know, the old FF games I tend to just grind and grind and plod from sidequest to sidequest. I do have to talk to EVERYONE in town though, and explore ever open door.....

NEStalgia

Banjo-

@NEStalgia Each revision of PS3 removed something but removing backwards compatibility in such way was bad. Wii Family (this is a stupid thing to add to the "interactive non-gaming Nintendo experiences in white living rooms") also removed backwards compatibility but it was quite clear.

I loved Goldeneye 007, it was the first shooter that I played. The level length is perfectly fine (for better replays), the difficulty in 00 Agent is crazy though and the frame rate is terrible but the visuals and sound amazing. The gameplay is so good (much better than in the Wii game) that I'm hoping that a remake can be done eventually. There is a guy that wants to make an unofficial remake and he has made part of the first level already.

Banjo-

Banjo-

@NEStalgia Do you guys recommend Duke Nukem Forever? Is that the one that is officially rubbish according to fans?

Banjo-

Dezzy

Which is the best Fable in people's opinions?

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Banjo-

@Dezzy I have only played Fable Anniversary (1). It's a wonderful game. It takes a while to get used to the menus (the original game was more intuitive in that sense) but the game itself is awesome once you learn a few things. Fable II is the best and Fable III is disappointing according to some people but I don't care, I will play them.

Banjo-

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia I watched gameplay videos from both Dark Clouds games, and there was no voice acting in either of them, so either I watched the wrong videos, or there really isn't any in there. And you're not adding to my Sony dislike, since I already knew about the stealth retro-fitting/removing of features, since several of my friends actually did have a PS3.

As for Blue Dragon: more convenient save point system than Black, that's for sure...

@BlueOcean Only if you can get it at bargain bin prices, such as the $3.99 that it is now....
It was a relatively entertaining game in my opinion, but after the 10 year, no 12 year wait, somewhat of a disappointment in general, more so because of the huge hype building, which made it sound more than it ultimately was, before it was released. But still has some nice genuine Duke Nukem comedy stuff in it, so overall, not a must-have game, but still a largely positive grade in my book.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

DarkRula

Crash Team Racing is the reason I ever knew who Crash was, so a remake of it I'm all for.

I remember playing Fable 3 and enjoying the... two or three hours I spent on it. Can't recall any exact specifics though. I'd redownload and go for another run, but I have a feeling I'd just play it once and abandon it - no matter how much fun I have with it.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

Banjo-

@DarthNocturnal Yeah, I have watched that but forgot mentioning. Rare was developing it and Microsoft wanted to release it while allowing Nintendo to release their own version but Nintendo, unsurprisingly, screwed all the gamers over and said no. I read that because twenty years have passed now, Nintendo don't have any publishing rights anymore so the original Nintendo 64 game or a remaster could be released on Xbox if MGM and its media branch (don't remember the name) agrees. Do you know if that project was ever leaked in playable form? I wonder if Microsoft will reach an agreement with MGM now that Nintendo can't say anything, apparently.

I don't like shooters that are too violent and gore like The Wolfenstein II or Doom 2016. The funny thing is that I like the original Doom and I see it as pixel art. If Duke Nukem Forever is anything like those two I won't like it. Another funny fact is that I LOVE Resident Evil games because for me it's not nasty although I didn't enjoy 7 as much as the others. RE7 campaign is great but it lacks a bit of the classic feel. There is also a DLC episode which I love, Margaret's, have you guys played it?

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

ThanosReXXX

@DarthNocturnal Yeah.... Duke is definitely a pre-metoo character...
An over the top, crude action-hero relic of days gone by, sadly enough.

Personally, I'm kinda fed up with this ever more sensitive becoming society. Next thing you know, you're not even allowed to give a woman a nice compliment, simply because it wasn't asked for, and as such, it could be labeled as harassment...

Latest example of this absolute idiocy is the removal from Christmas-themed song lists of the all-time classic "Baby it's cold outside" (if you don't know it, look it up and listen to the text to understand what the whiners/sensi-people are talking about), because that too, is deemed to be WAY too unfriendly towards women... Yègh!

Everything must either be questioned or destroyed these days. It makes me really sad to be living in today's world sometimes. On occasion, it makes me feel like I'd rather go back a decade or four, instead of having to life another four in this day and age...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX I wonder if they added voice acting in in the PS4 Classics edition or something? Probably not though, it's old low bitrate audio. I ran Dark Cloud 2 just 2 days ago...definitely voice acting. Maybe it's only for cutscenes, and maybe those are few, but it does exist

@Dezzy Fable II tends to be the best received.

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

@BlueOcean Ah, so it's the reboot/remake of the PSX original of Crash Team Racing? Never played that one, so I honestly wouldn't be able to say something sensible about that.

NEStalgia

@BlueOcean Of course MGM is Disney...who knows if they have their own plans for those licenses (cough EA cough)

I overall agree with Doom and Wolfenstein. Actually Doom 2016 works well on Switch because the cut down graphics kind of make it feel more like the original Doom versus how hyper-graphic it would be on 1X (even though it's free with Game Pass). I have the Doom VFR version on PSVR.....I figured if anything could make it look like pixel art, it's the smeary lenses of PSVR I can't handle ResiEvil though. I do thing Doom was more fun with cartoony graphics in the original than the realistic thing it started being with III. (2016, at high speed, still feels a lot less evil than the survival horror disaster that was III. That thing really took down the old id. )

@ThanosReXXX strippers have a place in the post metoo era, right? Back here in the States we're well past the "no compliments ever" part. Long, long past it..... If you find the time travel machine, let me know, I'll hitch a ride.

NEStalgia

Banjo-

@ThanosReXXX Yes, the GameCube/PS2/Xbox game is Crash Tag Team Racing. About the society, I think that the big problem is that our society (including North America, Western Europe and Australia) while better than others is highly hypocritical and people don't know what they are supposed to say or do.

@DarkRula It looks like a fun game and for some reason I tend to love these games, I can't wait for Team Sonic Racing either.

Banjo-

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia Aha, only in cut scenes then. But also only in 2, because I did watch a gameplay video with full intro of the first game, and that definitely did not have voice acting. From the second game I only watched actual gameplay, so that's why I didn't notice any voice acting.

@Dezzy For the most part, I tend to agree with @BlueOcean about Fable.
Fable 2 is the best so far, 3 is okay-ish but a bit over-zealous/tedious in some areas, but I'd personally also add the first Fable to the positive list. It may be dated, seeing as it was an OG Xbox game, but the story and gameplay still hold up. It's just the graphics that are far simpler than the later games, obviously.

But if you have no issues with that, and can find the original game anywhere for a decent price, then it might still be worth it, to give it a go, along with the second game, which came out on the Xbox 360.

NEStalgia

@BlueOcean This pic from the MS Store kind of tells you all you need to know:
Untitled

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia No wonder you all are well past the no more compliments, ever stage: considerably bigger country, so far more idiots voicing their useless opinions and, sadly enough, actually getting their way as well...
EDIT:
Oops... wrong smiley. Mistake corrected...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX Also, all the Fables are, IMO on Game Pass if you happen to be a subscriber.

NEStalgia

Dezzy

@ThanosReXXX

I've got the Anniversary remaster for Fable 1 (along with 2 and 3). So just wondering which to play first.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Banjo-

@NEStalgia So we agree about Doom, I am playing the original pixel art one and I like it. I understand why you wouldn't like Resident Evil games but for me it's like the gore is somehow justified (except in 7 where I feel they went a bit too far) and those ugly monsters can't be dealt with in other ways. Actually, if possible, you can burn them, use traps or avoid them. My favourite one still is Resident Evil 2002 and for many reasons I consider it one of the best games ever made although 4 is close. Besides, I love the RE story and background. The only times when I am a nerd is when I am reading everything about the viruses, etc.

Really, MGM and Disney merged? Didn't Disney buy Lucas Arts too? What EA has to do with them?

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic