Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 5,941 to 5,960 of 11,914

ThanosReXXX

@Dezzy You could play the second first, and not be hugely scarred because of it, but there IS a kind of a timeline/story line in it, so it all depends on how you feel about that.

It's not that big of an issue, since the second game takes place roughly 500 years later, but if it annoys you that people and things are mentioned in a game, as in: referring to all things and people that appeared in the first game, then you might want to start with the first one. (otherwise, you won't know who or what some people are talking about sometimes, so if that weighs heavily for you, go with 1 first)

@NEStalgia I already have most of them, except Anniversary, but currently, I'm not going to invest in any more games or apparel, unlike some other guy that I know...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Eel

I'd say 500 years is a long enough time skip to be able to play things out of order.

At that point the previous game is already history or legend.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

ThanosReXXX

@Yosheel True, but the story's locations are largely similar, so you do get more of a "Breath of the Wild" Hyrule feel from it, if you've already visited these locations and know the people that played a part in it from the previous game.

Oh, and @Dezzy: the first game is far shorter, so you'd finish that far sooner and you get a good base knowledge of the world, which will go some way into getting more immersed in the second game.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Banjo-

@DarthNocturnal Yeah they won't give the game rights to Activision again. Based on how MGM is managing the rights now it seems that they just reach agreements about specific games and not give the brand to a publisher that could potentially harm it. After Forza Horizon 4, Goldeneye 007?

@Dezzy Play I, then II and then III!

Banjo-

NEStalgia

@BlueOcean well, after Disney shut down lucasarts and then Disney interactive, they assigned the sw license to ea only. Id imagine they would consider ea first for 007 licensing is they're happy with the profits on sw. It's Disney. Their ruthless profiteering makes ea look friendly!

@thanosrexxx no apparel.... So... You're not going to wear clothing anymore? Eew. I thought you were in Amsterdam, not Sweden.

NEStalgia

Banjo-

@NEStalgia So you mean that Disney shut down their Lucas Arts and Disney game divisions? But that doesn't explain what they have to do with MGM... does it?

Banjo-

NEStalgia

@BlueOcean actually i take it back, mgm is not Disney now. Apparently there was a whole bankruptcy thing, (Sony also owned part of it) but they're private again apparently. Thus the renaming of the theme park and license expiration.

Thus Disney isn't involved with 007 after all.

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

@BlueOcean Zero Disney is always good news . (I love Kingdom Hearts but .....)

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia Sorry, meant peripherals. Damn Dutch is messing up my vocabulary...

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia By the way: Sweden is far more prudish than the Netherlands, and especially Amsterdam, nowadays. Those free and happy Scandinavian times are long gone, ever since the mid-80's or so...

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX lol that's a heck of a vocabulary malfunction

So the Swedes figured out it's cold there?

NEStalgia

Banjo-

@NEStalgia You (and I) love Kingdom Hearts but it's actually developed by Square Enix. I don't remember what games did Disney develop. The Mega Drive games were made by Sega and the SNES by Capcom. Rare made a few Disney games too. Maybe the game with the worst camera ever (tied with Sonic Adventure DX) was developed by Disney? I mean Epic Mickey, obviously.

@ThanosreXXX I was in Amsterdam last summer. It was hot.

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia No, not really. In English, we have the word 'device' for the console itself, and 'peripherals' for any other stuff belonging to, or being able to be used with that device. In Dutch, both 'device' and 'peripheral' translate to the word 'apparaat', aka apparatus.

So, that is how my brain came to confuse me into typing 'apparel'.

And the Swedes just got more self-conscious. They still shower in the nude in public swimming pools, though...

@BlueOcean It most certainly was. New temperature records all across the board. Guess you should have worn shorts and a tank top, then...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Banjo-

Yeah and I looked so good.

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

ThanosReXXX

@BlueOcean ???
You'll have to excuse me, it's WAY past midnight over here, so I'm missing the pun...

Dezzy

@ThanosReXXX

According to howlongtobeat.com, they're all about the same length.

I was shocked to see they're all quite short actually. I assume they were kinda Final Fantasy length.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

ThanosReXXX

@Dezzy There's far more to do and see in the later games, though. The first one was a brave and ambitious attempt, but it only partially succeeded in what Peter Molyneux wanted to achieve with it, probably also due to hardware restrictions.

Critics say he still never achieved what he wanted with the series, but that all depends on how you look at it. Either way, the first one will take you anywhere between 8 - 10 hours, whereas in the second one, you could easily spend double that amount, and the same goes for the third.

On a side note: no offense, and nothing personal, but I don't put much faith in sites like you mentioned, seeing as these have often already played the game once, so that they can play it a second time and then do it more or less in perfect order, because they already know where to find everything and how to answer the questions that the characters will ask you.

Even those already offer multiple ways of going about the story/game, so there isn't really one way to finish the game. But no, they're no Final Fantasy games. However, I'm probably not the best person to talk about those, since I don't like them, well at least: none of the post-SNES ones, anyway.

ThanosReXXX

@BlueOcean Ah, so you did wear appropriate summer clothing?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic