Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 4,301 to 4,320 of 11,914

ShadierRook7561

Oh Forza Horizontal 4, I'm really looking forward to that one! It's going to be way better than that stupid Forza Horizon 4. I mean seriously Horizontal Festival is way better than Horizon.

Mario's best enemy is the Goomba.

SuperWeird

I wish more Cave shooters would become backwards compatible. There one's, Guwange, and that's cool, but I wish they'd make the others compatible too. Especially Deathsmiles.

I'd rather have Cave's shmups on Switch, but they're already available on 360 so all they need is a compatibility update to work on the X.

SuperWeird

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia Don't forget about the glowing red eyes/visors...

I was actually going to comment on that (Guerilla), but much as I love Amsterdam, and I do, and much as I actually do applaud their efforts, since they started off with a relatively small team, I just can't "root" for games or series that I don't like, regardless of whether or not the achievement of making it in and of itself is substantial.

To be fair to them, though: Epic has quite a few more years under its belt, so I would be rather surprised if they wouldn't be able to outdo them. And there's actually plenty of color in Gears, going on from the second game. The first one (and apparently the remake, if I understand correctly that this is the game you're talking about) are a bit modest in color tones, but in the second game, there's a whole segment underground, with all kinds of colorful areas, and later on also a wooded area, with lots of greens and so on.

Let me know how you get on with Earthlock, and if you ever get stuck, get some hints from this guy, he has playthrough videos for the entire game, and also special tips videos for secret items, that are of considerable benefit to a number of characters in your party, and they've been of great help to me at times:
Earthlock: Festival of Magic Let's Play series
Earthlock Tips Videos
He also shows you mistakes, either on purpose or not, but personally, I can appreciate a non-perfect walkthrough, for various reasons.

Here is the first video of the walkthrough/let's play series, just to give you an idea:

P.S.

He also did Destiny 2 playthroughs, if you ever decide to get into that and get stuck...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

DarkRula

Seems as though a Horizon 4 demo is going out later today, which should be good to get into - if it's also on PC.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

6ch6ris6

@DarkRula I'll definetly check it out - if it's also on PC.

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

Banjo-

ShadierRook7561 wrote:

Oh Forza Horizontal 4, I'm really looking forward to that one! It's going to be way better than that stupid Forza Horizon 4. I mean seriously Horizontal Festival is way better than Horizon.

That was not me! It was my phone corrector!

And yes lying horizontally with someone you like is way better!

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

Moroboshi876

Xbox 360 and Xbox One are the systems I have more games for. A really awful backlog too.

But achievements are something I enjoy, despite being unable to 100% games (I'm not that good, other achievements are for multiplayer and others are just random stuff), and I like the brand itself.

I don't care if the Xbox One has lost the war this time (on the previous generation there was a technical tie), and although I definitely don't like to see so many PS4 exclusives that could be on Xbox One too, I don't agree that it's a system without games. I don't care if a game is multiplatform: if I can buy it on Xbox One it's a game I can own. Period.

Plus, I badly wanted Killer Instinct and Cuphead, exclusive to Xbox One (and PC, but I don't play on PC), and later I discovered marvels like Rare Replay. Where else?

Switch code: SW-2291-6286-4620

Nintendo 3DS code: 2879-0476-7598

My Nintendo: Toni | Twitter:

Banjo-

@Moroboshi876 Yeah! Rare Replay alone justifies owning an Xbox One but on top of that Killer Instinct, Forza, Halo, Gears and all the multiplatform games. It's sad that some haven't reached Xbox One but it gets games that weren't expected like Nier Automata and hopefully more follow. All that plus the best controller and backwards and forwards compatibility, including free remasters...

Xbox One X is the most satisfying console I have ever owned and the only thing that I need separately is my Nintendo dose on Wii U.

Banjo-

Moroboshi876

@BlueOcean I don't have an Xbox One X, not going to spend my money again and the difference is not about just 100€ anyway, but my S plays 4K Blu-ray discs, which is something the PS4 can't do and I actually use. Not often, but still.

It looks really good on a 4K HDR television, it scales very good and even Xbox 360 looks great in that screen. I'm happy. Maybe there are better screens and the Xbox One X looks better, but I don't know because I can't compare. I just know I'm really satisfied with my Xboxes and their games.

I hope more original Xbox games get the backwards compatibility treatment, really look forward to putting my Xbox GTA discs in my Xbox One and see them better because of that unexpected visual bump. Besides, I bought them after owning them on PS2 because I wanted the better versions, which they are, but haven't had the time to play them on my Xbox, so I'll be able to do it the best possible way when they come to the BC program, it is.

Edited on by Moroboshi876

Switch code: SW-2291-6286-4620

Nintendo 3DS code: 2879-0476-7598

My Nintendo: Toni | Twitter:

redd214

Man all these Forza Horizon 4 previews and game play videos going up today. Game looks absolutely sublime!

Edit: demo available today, not sure if that's new news or not but great nonetheless

Edited on by redd214

redd214

NEStalgia

@BlueOcean It's funny, I have two consoles "without games" (Switch, X1X), and a PS4 Pro. Guess which console I have the least games for? (Though to be fair most of them are ginormous RPGs like DQ and are blockbusters that will dominate huge portions of my "A list" games to play at the top of the backlog before I get to a lot of XBox stuff.)

@ThanosReXXX Well they need the glowing red eyes because otherwise you'd never see enemies in brown-black soiled uniforms against brown-black soiled terrain.

Thanks for the Earthlock tips! I'm probably going to have it deep in the backlog for now, but I saw it on the sale and remembered you praising it so I picked it up (still should have bought it on Switch instead, but oh well...) I have probably 15 huge RPGs to work through....and XC2: Torna gets my attention as of next week while I meander thorugh Octopath! (I want to get deeper into Nier and FFXV as well.)

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

@BlueOcean Isn't Forza Horizontal 4 the #1 selling mobile game in Hong Kong this month?

@BlueOcean To be fair though the Sony Pony and XBot fanboyism goes both ways. Honestly I love my XBox One and PS4 Pro both. I seem to prefer getting most games on One, in part because I have the X and it has the better graphics, in large part because of the controller, and another large part because if going digital XBox is just a waaay better managed digital ecosystem. But honestly I gravitate mostly to the X1, but when I pick up the PS4 Pro I feel warm fuzzies from it as well, and end up unable to decide which I truly prefer were they both graphically equal. Still....I love a lot of Sony exclusives at the top of my "next to play list", but gravitate toward "what can I play on the X1" more often than not.

NEStalgia

Banjo-

NEStalgia wrote:

@BlueOcean It's funny, I have two consoles "without games" (Switch, X1X), and a PS4 Pro. Guess which console I have the least games for?

PS4 Pro if you also have X.

NEStalgia wrote:

@BlueOcean I seem to prefer getting most games on One, in part because I have the X and it has the better graphics, in large part because of the controller, and another large part because if going digital XBox is just a waaay better managed digital ecosystem. But honestly I gravitate mostly to the X1, but when I pick up the PS4 Pro I feel warm fuzzies from it as well, and end up unable to decide which I truly prefer were they both graphically equal. Still....I love a lot of Sony exclusives at the top of my "next to play list", but gravitate toward "what can I play on the X1" more often than not.

PS of course has its exclusive games like Nintendo and Microsoft, but I think that PS4 exclusivity is overblown while Microsoft exclusives are undervalued, not to mention that most games are available on both platforms.

NEStalgia wrote:

@BlueOcean Isn't Forza Horizontal 4 the #1 selling mobile game in Hong Kong this month?

I am officially the guy who listed Forza Horizontal 4 as an Xbox exclusive and there's nothing I can do now about it, is it?

By the way, "Forza Horizontal" means Horizontal Force! It sounds like a good concept indeed.

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia Better put them in your favorites, or store the address or comment somewhere, because even I myself had to dig through dozens of pages to find this guy again. I forgot his name, so I had to browse through tons of let's plays to find him, and it's only been half a year ago that I used his videos, so imagine how far he will be buried in the YouTube archives, when another six months or more has passed...

@BlueOcean Some very good points. I personally think Microsoft is getting WAY too much flak, either for mistakes of the past, or behaviors of the past, whereas in the last couple of years, they've made absolutely MASSIVE improvements in their ecosystem, customer-friendliness, and services. Services that were already always better than Sony's, if we're talking about online stability and so on.

As it just so happens (I don't believe in coincidence, but still), I came across this video earlier today, which highlights 10 benefits of the Xbox One X over the PS4 Pro, as seen by a former PlayStation-only gamer, who has crossed sides:

Part of it can most definitely be argued about, but he has some good points, that should not be overlooked by open-minded gamers, but unfortunately, most gamers are fanatically loyal to certain platform of their choice, and simply keep slamming the others because its not their (favorite) platform, even if they have never tried any of their games.

In short: console wars are idiotic, and brand loyal gamers are often times close-minded individuals.

I've always been a multi-console owner myself, and each of them have their strengths and weaknesses. The only reason that I have no Sony consoles is because of a personal, and long-time grievance I've had with them which started before there was any Sony console to speak of, and ended when the PS2 arrived, but for me, that was that. Three strikes and all that...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

NEStalgia

@BlueOcean I think Sony exclusives definitely deserve their praise. And to be fair, I do credit Sony for saving single player gaming while Microsoft has pushed for online from day 1 and Nintendo is getting sucked into online everything as well. Sony proved there was huge demand at a time when the industry believed otherwise, and we absolutely owe them as fans of single player games for doing so. Just running down the list off the top of my head: Spiderman, (sort of DQXI until it hits Switch), Horizon, GoW, Infamous, R&C, Knack (I'm one of those rare people that loves Knack, deal with it ), Shadow of the Colussus, Nioh, Yakuza, Persona, etc. etc.... Plus the pseudo exclusives we were arguing about the other day from Square I have a lot of big stuff to do on that platform, no complaints, and a lot of really special games. They all deserve the high praise they get, it's not terribly overblown (some games are. Jak, Killzone.....they seem so generic.)

But I also agree MS's exclusives are heavily undervalued. Halo and Gears are quite excellent. The racers have no peer (niche to a point though I admit), Crackdown, Fable etc are excellent. Ryse is lots of fun. Quantum Break is iffy. Ori is the nicest Metroidvania around for now. I think where MS takes flack is they dont' have a large stable of exclusives, a lot of the ones they do have are under-marketed, and never iterated into franchises, and the ones they're left with are all different flavors of military shooters. A lot of their best exclusives come from BC. The OG X-BOX was an exclusives beast, but the 360 era really let them down with little outside Gears/Halo. They came out swinging with One but the messaging was so awful nobody was listening. And now that they have good hardware, a lot of those older exclusives like Ryse are just kind of "there"..... I'm still counting on that Fable 4 rumor

NEStalgia

link3710

@NEStalgia Yeah, as someone who can't stand realistic racing games (I like Burnout / Kart games at least), has tried and failed to enjoy GoW, hates most military shooters, burnt out on Halo, and found Fable 3 (the only one I've played) to be rather underwhelming compared to what I'd been led to expect, I can't really see anything pulling me back to Microsoft this generation or next. My 360 got a ton of use with the multiplats, but at this point I feel like Microsoft still hasn't shown anything that would appeal to people outside their core target group, which I am definitely not in. At least 360 had stuff like Blue Dragon, Culdcept Saga, Lost Odyssey, Banjo Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts, Kameo, Perfect Dark Zero, Tales of Vesperia and Viva Pinata. Sure none of them besides Vesperia were standouts, but at least they were things I liked. The only thing on XB1 that appeals to me is possibly Sea of Thieves, even if I didn't have a PC now for that.

Compare that to the Digimon Story games, Persona 5, Spiderman, God of War, Horizon Zero Dawn, Infamous Second Son, The Last Guardian, two Tales of, Nioh II... at the moment PS4 does have probably at least 4-5 times the number of exclusives, many of which are the titles I'd want a console for.

Still, I am definitely hopeful for Microsoft to turn things around with the next generation. The hardware is almost certainly going to be good, they just need the library to back it up.

Edited on by link3710

link3710

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia Sony saving what now? Yeah, to a point that they've become so entangled into their own "for the players" web, that they keep on restricting more and more titles from cross-play, and their online still isn't on par with Microsoft's, which could actually be seen as kinda weird, considering they've been around longer than Microsoft, in the video game console industry...

And of course, Microsoft has more exclusives than just Halo and Gears: both Forza series have also been around for longer than one generation, and mainline Forza was even already a thing on OG Xbox.

On a side note: hell yeah, bring on Fable 4, my body is ready... oh, wait, wrong forum...

Time for another video concerning a console and a game that actually DOES matter in this forum topic.
Possible Forza Horizon 4 concerns?

P.S.

You can leave the "c" out of the word "flack", if it is meant as people or companies getting too much grieve or shots taken at them. The word originates from WW2, and German FLAK guns...

6ch6ris6

so i played the forza horizon 4 demo.

well it looks amazing on highest settings. didn't know Britain was so pretty.
but oh boy this is so embarrassing for turn10 studios: every AI driver is driving on the wrong site of the road! they all drive on the left site! LOOOOOOOOOOOL

no seriously the game seems pretty cool, but ever since i played project cars, i kinda don't really like arcade racers anymore. it just feels way too easy even if you turn the settings to more realistic racing.

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

NEStalgia

@link3710 Yeah, it's one dimensional. Personally I've never been a racing fan. Forza series actually turned me into one. I didn't expect to like it, but particularly Horizon sort of has that "old Sega arcade" feel despite being realistic. I found it surprisingly addictive.

GoW I never payed any attention to. I just started playing a little a few weeks ago for the first time and am finding I liked it more than I thought. But yeah, I'm late to both parties. Ori and Super Lucky I have to say are both excellent (and Ori 2 soon.) Beyond that I suppose military themes (be it Gears, Crackdown, Ryse) and racing it's a little lean in the roster. I'm hopeful they're working on that with all those new studio purchases. Sony does win in terms of variety. OTOH for me, with both, the PS4 has become the "exclusives box" the way Nintendo often is for many, and X1 is the default for all multiplats. Much like it was in the 360/PS3 era when all multplats ran like garbage on PS3. Plus OG/360 BC has Dreamcast games and PS4 doesn't so it's automatically given a boost

@Thanosrexxx Well shooting+cars is the theme here. I'll agree it's very western and not very well rounded for the exclusives. Ori, Sea of Thieves, Super Lucky are 4 exceptions from the theme. KI too I guess?) But if you compare Sony with R&C, Killzone, Spiderman, Detroit, Shadow of the Colossus, Bloodborne, GT, TLOU, Yakuza, GoW, Persona, Gravity Rush, LBP, Knack....regardless your own opinion of their games it's clear that they cover a huge breadth of diversity that MS hasn't really tried to fill so far, so it's a fair criticism.

@6ch6ris6 Is project cars really good? I remember it was a disaster in reviews when it came out. Simulators aren't my thing really, but I'm curious if it's actually that good.

NEStalgia

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic