Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 3,401 to 3,420 of 11,914

Grumblevolcano

@Angelic_Lapras_King Maybe backwards compatibility games playable on PC as XB1 is pretty much a Windows 10 PC at this point?

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

DarkRula

Backwards Compatibility on PC would be pretty cool. While online would be good to be added, I can't really see it being done. Same with achievements. Then again, there's also this thing about a new progression profile that's about how you play games and not following a checklist of specific items, so if OG Xbox games were to be included in either of the two, I'd say that one is the easiest of the two to implement. Of course, it's just a matter of if that patent was ever put into action.

Edited on by DarkRula

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

Dezzy

@CanisWolfred

I saw it. Talk about insane timing. I'd like to think I made this happen.

I'm guessing that's why it hadn't been made backcompat. I've suspected the same is true of the FF13 trilogy. I think they're remastering those as a trilogy for PS4/XOne

Ooooh I wonder if the remaster will be Xbox exclusive. Wasn't the original partially funded by microsoft?

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Dezzy

@DarthNocturnal

Yeah according to the wikipedia there were just rumours that Microsoft had made a deal to keep it exclusive but they denied that.
It does fit with the evidence given that we never got the PS3 version, even though we got most of the other PS3 Tales games, and we know Microsoft was deliberately trying to court JRPG developers at the time, like with Mistwalker. So who knows. Maybe they were trying to poach japanese devs behind the scenes or something.

Anyway, it's awesome news. This game had some of the best art design in the entire series but it does look a bit muddy by modern standards so a remaster will be a huge improvement:

Untitled

Additional: Boy am I having a good day. I bought a used copy of Gears 4 on ebay for like £5. Arrived this morning. Turns out Gears 4 came with free download codes for all 4 Gears games on the 360. And the person I bought it from hadn't used any of the codes. Lol so I just got the entire Gears of War franchise for £5. Oh and I already have the remastered version of Gears 1 so if anyone wants a free version of the 360 version, I have a free download code. Anyone? First to say so gets it.

Edited on by Dezzy

CanisWolfred

Oh hey, here's another to add to the console exclusive pile I'm interested in: https://gematsu.com/2018/06/open-world-mystery-game-outer-wil...

I'll admit I'm growing a bit tired of Open-World games, but it looks imaginative and purposely designed - hopefully not just some procedurally generated bologne I'm absolutely sick of. We'll have to see, though, it could be a ways off and they haven't revealed a whole lot about it, yet.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

NEStalgia

@redd214 "Google assistant and Amazon Alexa coming to XB1 perhaps." eeeewwwwww I thought we got rid of the spy box in your home thing when they ditched Kinekt! I wonder if "Ok Google: Divest your entire portfolio as fast as possible" works?

@dezzy Awesome. Well I could be first, but I've never really followed the Gears franchise so someone else is likely more deserving of it

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

@DarthNocturnal "Yank me."

for anyone not getting the reference, it's Cortana's quote before getting removed from the Autumn to be installed in MC's suit. I figured I should clarify since there aren't many XBox fans even in the XBox thread

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

@DarthNocturnal Actually had quite a bit of fun with that, the first few months that I had my Xbox One. It does require clear speech, though, so a lot of these kinds of services don't work well if you have any kind of heavy accent. But fun nonetheless.

Hey, Cortana! Go to my games. Hey Cortana! Start Destiny 2...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

NEStalgia

@DarthNocturnal I haven't! Haven't bought 5 yet.....I'm not into Halo online and I've heard it had almost no story so I skipped it for now. Heck I haven't played 4 yet! (I have it in the MCC.) I have Reach for 360 that I never opened too that I can play now. ODST remains one of my favs, oddly.

NEStalgia

redd214

@NEStalgia trust me I'm right there with you. My wife brought one home and I had her return it immediately. I don't need Google or Amazon knowing more about me then they probably already do lol

redd214

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX I'm surprised you actually allowed a home microphone in your home Those things are pure evil.

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

@DarthNocturnal Yes, a normal headset works, or even smartphone earphones also work. Anyway, like I said: I had some fun with it in the beginning, but nowadays, I just do all the work myself...

@NEStalgia No home microphone or Kinect: Cortana also works over smartphone earphones or a normal head set. Kinect wasn't in the bundle I bought, and I'm not really planning to buy it any time soon either...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

NEStalgia

@DarthNocturnal good to know there is a campaign. I'd read it was basically just online only and no real character stuff.

It's been cheap enough but just didn't seem worth it. Maybe if it's on sale tomorrow...

Those mcc updates sounds great though. That bundle was a great buy! I hope they add reach or odst. I have the 360 copies still but it would be awesome All In One

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

@DarthNocturnal hah, I'm kind of the same. I've always loathed digital, and also ended up with improved internet. I was opposed to digital and avoiding it in ps4..... Then bought the 1x to specifically be digital only while ps4 is mixed. I might cheat and get a few discs. Send won't to have no green boxes.

Then found game sharing and decided buying one copy for 2 consoles is pretty cost saving!

NEStalgia

redd214

In what should come as a surprise to no one, it's rumored Crackdown 3 is getting delayed again! Seems like a lose lose situation all around unless this turns out to be a 10/10 masterpiece.

redd214

NEStalgia

You know, one thing XBox does that PS4 does badly is sanely handle file management. I can connect drives, move data between drives, and COPY data onto another drive. PS4 only lets you MOVE data off the internal onto the external. I was trying to back up retail games that I bought digitally, and was found that on PS all I could do was move it to the other drive, not copy at all. Ugh! XBox also lets you copy games from one machine to another over LAN....pretty cool feature. Similarly if I install from disc on xbox but then want digital, I just buy the key and I'm done. PS treats the disc data as totally different data than download data. You have to delete the disc data and reinstall from download. PS is much friendlier to physical media, but XB is much friendlier to digital media.

@DarthNocturnal Yep I'm mostly the same!

@redd214 I'm shocked! Stunned! Next thing you'll tell me is Fable 4 has been delayed from the 2013 release date!

NEStalgia

redd214

@NEStalgia lol sorry to be the bearer of bad news. But yeah I've had similar issues going from a physical game to digital, not with every game but some for sure. When I physical to digital with Tekken 7 the save data for whatever reason wasn't compatible between the two. Tried everything but had to start the game from scratch. Was only about 10 hours in but was a pain. And to correct one point above, you can transfer between 2 ps4s using LAN as well.

redd214

Dezzy

redd214 wrote:

In what should come as a surprise to no one, it's rumored Crackdown 3 is getting delayed again! Seems like a lose lose situation all around unless this turns out to be a 10/10 masterpiece.

What are the odds that a game about blowing things up is gonna be a 10/10?

A lot of people need more sophistication than that. Blowing things up AND hooking up with hot chics.

Edited on by Dezzy

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic