Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 321 to 340 of 11,914

NinChocolate

@TysonOfTime if they dont change their stance between now and launch then I think it's indeed bad news for the industry, not necessarily for MS but for the industry.

I think MS will be successful with the new broad appeal entertainment features they are pushing this generation. However much like the indie decision I don't feel it's for the good of the gander. I think they will make the money they hope to making it a main focus. But that doesn't mean it's a good thing from a broader perspective. It doesn't push creativity or evolution. The end result is that it could hurt creative passion. That will ripple and eventually won't help keep the well from drying up.

Dan Adelman's humorous tweet: "Halo: the show: the game" is potentially hiding another grim sign of the industry being influenced to go in a direction I don't feel is the right one.

Edited on by NinChocolate

NinChocolate

Midnight3DS

It's in nobody's interest to accept these stupid policies, because we don't want to see others follow suit. If it takes hold, even Nintendo will get there soon enough.

3DS Friend Code: 5129-0855-7142 ID = Midnight

AC:NL Mayor Jambo, town of Hamneggs

NinChocolate

The Xbox gaming community and the broader gaming community thought Xbox A Generation Revealed was for them. It wasn't . And that's worrying. Sure the games were saved for E3. But that's a given and no way to make a first impression on your fans. So I'm convinced this Xbox is not "one for the kids".

NinChocolate

Ralizah

With every word I read about it, I want the Xbox One less.

I guess this is good news for people with fantasy football teams. Whatever the heck those are supposed to be.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

SCRAPPER392

I'm getting an Xbox One.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Snagrio

I'm just eating all this MS hatred up with relish. Maybe I'm just in a very, very cynical mood right now, but the general negativity towards the Xbox One is making me a little joyful.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Auracle

Oh dear. I really wish companies would focus more on creating new gaming innovations to add to their consoles and not on how many bells and whistles they can cram in them.

Edited on by Auracle

I foresee what you'll do there.
-The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is. ~Winston Churchill

3DS Friend Code: 1805-2247-0273 | Nintendo Network ID: True_Hero

TysonOfTime

SCAR392 wrote:

I'm getting an Xbox One.

Well, you seem to be getting one of the most anti-consumer video game consoles to ever exist. If not THE most. Half these new "features" do NOTHING but to profit MS at the consumer's expense.

So good luck man, I hope things seem worse than they are, because as it is now, I wouldn't wish an Xbone on my worst enemy.

...But I would wish a virtual boy on them.

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

SCRAPPER392

TysonOfTime wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

I'm getting an Xbox One.

Well, you seem to be getting one of the most anti-consumer video game consoles to ever exist. If not THE most. Half these new "features" do NOTHING but to profit MS at the consumer's expense.

So good luck man, I hope things seem worse than they are, because as it is now, I wouldn't wish an Xbone on my worst enemy.

...But I would wish a virtual boy on them.

Why would you HOPE the console doesn't do good? I can deal with the supposed 'BS'. I don't even think it's that bad, because I'm buying digital, and there's probably a explanation how you keep your console online 'enough'. S***, there's a phone jack in every house usually. That at least gives access to dial up that Microsoft will presumably pay for in the worst scenario.

EDIT: How do we know this thing doesn't have 4G verification?
EDIT: They said you would have to sign in to your Live account to use the disc somewhere else. If Xbox One uses cloud, maybe they can just stream your game by logging in somewhere else if you have the digital copy.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

TysonOfTime

You lost me at your first sentence.

I said I hope things seem worse than they are, meaning I hope it's not as bad as all this makes it out to be.
And if you're fine with being ripped off with Live and all that good stuff, you're quite welcome to do so.

But I will not wish success on a device that goes against what I value about gaming.

This whole debacle really makes me hope that the rest of what the PS4 has in store is positive. Because I want to see a domination this generation, and Nintendo isn't gonna be able to provide that, sad as it is to say.

Edited on by TysonOfTime

SCRAPPER392

TysonOfTime wrote:

I said I hope things seem worse than they are, meaning I hope it's not as bad as all this makes it out to be.
And if you're fine with being ripped off with Live and all that good stuff, you're quite welcome to do so.

But I will not wish success on a device that goes against what I value about gaming.

This whole debacle really makes me hope that the rest of what the PS4 has in store is positive. Because I want to see a domination this generation, and Nintendo isn't gonna be able to provide that, sad as it is to say.

Can you provide evidence that every console besides PS4 is horrible? ...You can't. We actually know more info about Wii U and Xbox One, so ya.

Qwest

shingi_70

TysonOfTime wrote:

WHY

Because unlike Nintendo and Sony 400 million isn't much to Microsoft. They had an income of 6 billion last quarter. Also this deal is for five years and puts microsoft technology all over the NFL and sidelines. The deal also keeps NFL from any other console on the market which a big marketing feature. THs deal effects both microsoft and NFL all over and not just the xbox. This deal is a pretty smart investment and puts micorosft at the ground floor as the NFL starts to add more technology to the game like MLS and MLB have been doing. They also gain a huge marketing Partner from America's most popular sport .

But yes Listen to the gaming site with such a narrow view they can't see how breaking into the ground floor of a new Market segment with one of the world's biggest brands exclusive to your hardware is a good thing.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

shingi_70

WingedFish wrote:

I'm just eating all this MS hatred up with relish. Maybe I'm just in a very, very cynical mood right now, but the general negativity towards the Xbox One is making me a little joyful.

I've only seen general negativity coming from gaming related press. Everyone else seems to be pretty high on the system.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Jaz007

SCAR392 wrote:

TysonOfTime wrote:

Can you provide evidence that every console besides PS4 is horrible? ...You can't. We actually know more info about Wii U and Xbox One, so ya.

Elaborate on the part about knowing more about Xbox One than PS4. We know PS4 specs, a lot about the online system, more game footage, how the store will work, a bunch of little features, and more. What is this "more" you speak of?

Edited on by Jaz007

Jaz007

kkslider5552000

Sony_70 wrote:

TysonOfTime wrote:

WHY

Because unlike Nintendo and Sony 400 million isn't much to Microsoft. They had an income of 6 billion last quarter. Also this deal is for five years and puts microsoft technology all over the NFL and sidelines. The deal also keeps NFL from any other console on the market which a big marketing feature. THs deal effects both microsoft and NFL all over and not just the xbox. This deal is a pretty smart investment and puts micorosft at the ground floor as the NFL starts to add more technology to the game like MLS and MLB have been doing. They also gain a huge marketing Partner from America's most popular sport .

But yes Listen to the gaming site with such a narrow view they can't see how breaking into the ground floor of a new Market segment with one of the world's biggest brands exclusive to your hardware is a good thing.

um, this isn't exclusive Madden. This isn't even anything that NFL isn't already offering in some way (if not on a gaming system). At least from what I read.

Sony_70 wrote:

WingedFish wrote:

I've only seen general negativity coming from gaming related press. Everyone else seems to be pretty high on the system.

By everyone else I assume you mean the dumber parts of mainstream media that briefly mentioned this in like...one article and will forget about it tomorrow right?

bring up some valid, positive, general technology source and you might have something.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

LzWinky

Sony_70 wrote:

TysonOfTime wrote:

WHY

For what return though? What advantage does this give Microsoft? Sure they can afford it...but WHY?! This will only support them in the US market while the rest of the world couldn't care less about this big partnership

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

TysonOfTime

SCAR392 wrote:

TysonOfTime wrote:

I AM GOING TO GET VERY CROSS IF YOU CONTINUE TO MISINTERPRET EVERYTHING I SAY.

Midnight3DS

TysonOfTime wrote:

This whole debacle really makes me hope that the rest of what the PS4 has in store is positive

If these policies stick, all Sony has to do is say they're not doing these things, go home, and they win. But the games presentation is worst case for Sony, a draw. There's no realistic rabbit out of the hat for Microsoft. Some will like Sony's, some will like Microsoft's. Meanwhile, Nintendo is in the corner feeding their loyal base the meat they've been looking for.

X1 just might do ok with a different kind of group.

3DS Friend Code: 5129-0855-7142 ID = Midnight

AC:NL Mayor Jambo, town of Hamneggs

SCRAPPER392

@Jaz007
You know how the store will work on PSN? Microsofts presentation was basically hardware only. We know what it looks like, we know it uses cloud, we saw the controller and Kinect, we saw the ports on the back, SmartGlass is back, so we overall know what it can do. We saw Forza and that Remedy game. We've seen what Xbox One can do, games aside.
The only thing PS4 has over Wii U and Xbox One, is more games to show. The other companies are focused on soley the hardware right now, and that's fine with me.
I really have nothing bad to say about any console. Comparing the consoles is apples to oranges to tomatoes. I just don't like tomatos.

Qwest

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic