Other Gaming Forum

Topic: Xbox One/Xbox 360 Thread

Showing 321 to 340 of 1,759

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TysonOfTime

321. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

Whats to wow about? Its true that this potential move by microsoft is going to hurt the indie movement in the long run espically if the One becomes the dominant system this generation. If indie game fall than the mid teir game is essentially dead.

I was just surprised at how he said it... I mean, it's not often that the competition is disappointed with your decisions, now is it? I just found the tweet to be very powerful... and very true.

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

322. Posted:

TysonOfTime wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

Whats to wow about? Its true that this potential move by microsoft is going to hurt the indie movement in the long run espically if the One becomes the dominant system this generation. If indie game fall than the mid teir game is essentially dead.

I was just surprised at how he said it... I mean, it's not often that the competition is disappointed with your decisions, now is it? I just found the tweet to be very powerful... and very true.

Well his twitter bio says his views probably aren't the same as his employers.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Gioku

323. Posted:

My concern is that this could potentially end up every bit as bad as it seems. If what we're hearing is true, then this definitely has what it takes to potentially disappoint a lot of people. All hope is not lost, but the potential is undeniably there.

Electric Prune Juice Games | Kirby Wiki | Colors! 3D | deviantART | Nintendo Friends
Fluttershy, Rarity, and Vinyl Scratch fan :3

I am now an eShop Guru!
Waiting For: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire & Omega Ruby
The Flutterloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Dinosaurs

324. Posted:

@TysonOfTime if they dont change their stance between now and launch then I think it's indeed bad news for the industry, not necessarily for MS but for the industry.

I think MS will be successful with the new broad appeal entertainment features they are pushing this generation. However much like the indie decision I don't feel it's for the good of the gander. I think they will make the money they hope to making it a main focus. But that doesn't mean it's a good thing from a broader perspective. It doesn't push creativity or evolution. The end result is that it could hurt creative passion. That will ripple and eventually won't help keep the well from drying up.

Dan Adelman's humorous tweet: "Halo: the show: the game" is potentially hiding another grim sign of the industry being influenced to go in a direction I don't feel is the right one.

Edited on by Dinosaurs

Dinosaurs

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Midnight3DS

325. Posted:

It's in nobody's interest to accept these stupid policies, because we don't want to see others follow suit. If it takes hold, even Nintendo will get there soon enough.

3DS Friend Code: 5129-0855-7142 ID = Midnight

AC:NL Mayor Jambo, town of Hamneggs

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TysonOfTime

326. Posted:

WHY

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Dinosaurs

327. Posted:

The Xbox gaming community and the broader gaming community thought Xbox A Generation Revealed was for them. It wasn't . And that's worrying. Sure the games were saved for E3. But that's a given and no way to make a first impression on your fans. So I'm convinced this Xbox is not "one for the kids".

Dinosaurs

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ralizah

328. Posted:

With every word I read about it, I want the Xbox One less.

I guess this is good news for people with fantasy football teams. Whatever the heck those are supposed to be.

Friend Code: 3351-4294-3552
NNID: Michael418
PSN: Ralizah

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

329. Posted:

I'm getting an Xbox One.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WingedSnagret

330. Posted:

I'm just eating all this MS hatred up with relish. Maybe I'm just in a very, very cynical mood right now, but the general negativity towards the Xbox One is making me a little joyful.

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage
Avatar

OracleOfTruth

331. Posted:

Oh dear. I really wish companies would focus more on creating new gaming innovations to add to their consoles and not on how many bells and whistles they can cram in them. :(

Edited on by OracleOfTruth

I foresee what you'll do there.
-The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is. ~Winston Churchill

3DS Friend Code: 1805-2247-0273 | Nintendo Network ID: True_Hero

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TysonOfTime

332. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

I'm getting an Xbox One.

Well, you seem to be getting one of the most anti-consumer video game consoles to ever exist. If not THE most. Half these new "features" do NOTHING but to profit MS at the consumer's expense.

So good luck man, I hope things seem worse than they are, because as it is now, I wouldn't wish an Xbone on my worst enemy.

...But I would wish a virtual boy on them.

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

333. Posted:

TysonOfTime wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

I'm getting an Xbox One.

Well, you seem to be getting one of the most anti-consumer video game consoles to ever exist. If not THE most. Half these new "features" do NOTHING but to profit MS at the consumer's expense.

So good luck man, I hope things seem worse than they are, because as it is now, I wouldn't wish an Xbone on my worst enemy.

...But I would wish a virtual boy on them.

Why would you HOPE the console doesn't do good? I can deal with the supposed 'BS'. I don't even think it's that bad, because I'm buying digital, and there's probably a explanation how you keep your console online 'enough'. S***, there's a phone jack in every house usually. That at least gives access to dial up that Microsoft will presumably pay for in the worst scenario.

EDIT: How do we know this thing doesn't have 4G verification?
EDIT: They said you would have to sign in to your Live account to use the disc somewhere else. If Xbox One uses cloud, maybe they can just stream your game by logging in somewhere else if you have the digital copy.

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TysonOfTime

334. Posted:

You lost me at your first sentence.

I said I hope things seem worse than they are, meaning I hope it's not as bad as all this makes it out to be.
And if you're fine with being ripped off with Live and all that good stuff, you're quite welcome to do so.

But I will not wish success on a device that goes against what I value about gaming.

This whole debacle really makes me hope that the rest of what the PS4 has in store is positive. Because I want to see a domination this generation, and Nintendo isn't gonna be able to provide that, sad as it is to say.

Edited on by TysonOfTime

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

335. Posted:

TysonOfTime wrote:

You lost me at your first sentence.

I said I hope things seem worse than they are, meaning I hope it's not as bad as all this makes it out to be.
And if you're fine with being ripped off with Live and all that good stuff, you're quite welcome to do so.

But I will not wish success on a device that goes against what I value about gaming.

This whole debacle really makes me hope that the rest of what the PS4 has in store is positive. Because I want to see a domination this generation, and Nintendo isn't gonna be able to provide that, sad as it is to say.

Can you provide evidence that every console besides PS4 is horrible? ...You can't. We actually know more info about Wii U and Xbox One, so ya.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

336. Posted:

TysonOfTime wrote:

WHY

Because unlike Nintendo and Sony 400 million isn't much to Microsoft. They had an income of 6 billion last quarter. Also this deal is for five years and puts microsoft technology all over the NFL and sidelines. The deal also keeps NFL from any other console on the market which a big marketing feature. THs deal effects both microsoft and NFL all over and not just the xbox. This deal is a pretty smart investment and puts micorosft at the ground floor as the NFL starts to add more technology to the game like MLS and MLB have been doing. They also gain a huge marketing Partner from America's most popular sport .

But yes Listen to the gaming site with such a narrow view they can't see how breaking into the ground floor of a new Market segment with one of the world's biggest brands exclusive to your hardware is a good thing.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

337. Posted:

WingedFish wrote:

I'm just eating all this MS hatred up with relish. Maybe I'm just in a very, very cynical mood right now, but the general negativity towards the Xbox One is making me a little joyful.

I've only seen general negativity coming from gaming related press. Everyone else seems to be pretty high on the system.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Jaz007

338. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

TysonOfTime wrote:

You lost me at your first sentence.

I said I hope things seem worse than they are, meaning I hope it's not as bad as all this makes it out to be.
And if you're fine with being ripped off with Live and all that good stuff, you're quite welcome to do so.

But I will not wish success on a device that goes against what I value about gaming.

This whole debacle really makes me hope that the rest of what the PS4 has in store is positive. Because I want to see a domination this generation, and Nintendo isn't gonna be able to provide that, sad as it is to say.

Can you provide evidence that every console besides PS4 is horrible? ...You can't. We actually know more info about Wii U and Xbox One, so ya.

Elaborate on the part about knowing more about Xbox One than PS4. We know PS4 specs, a lot about the online system, more game footage, how the store will work, a bunch of little features, and more. What is this "more" you speak of?

Edited on by Jaz007

Currently playing: Torchlight 2 , Rune Factory 4, Dust: An Elysian Trail, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night and Uncharted 3.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kkslider5552000

339. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

TysonOfTime wrote:

WHY

Because unlike Nintendo and Sony 400 million isn't much to Microsoft. They had an income of 6 billion last quarter. Also this deal is for five years and puts microsoft technology all over the NFL and sidelines. The deal also keeps NFL from any other console on the market which a big marketing feature. THs deal effects both microsoft and NFL all over and not just the xbox. This deal is a pretty smart investment and puts micorosft at the ground floor as the NFL starts to add more technology to the game like MLS and MLB have been doing. They also gain a huge marketing Partner from America's most popular sport .

But yes Listen to the gaming site with such a narrow view they can't see how breaking into the ground floor of a new Market segment with one of the world's biggest brands exclusive to your hardware is a good thing.

um, this isn't exclusive Madden. This isn't even anything that NFL isn't already offering in some way (if not on a gaming system). At least from what I read.

Sony_70 wrote:

WingedFish wrote:

I'm just eating all this MS hatred up with relish. Maybe I'm just in a very, very cynical mood right now, but the general negativity towards the Xbox One is making me a little joyful.

I've only seen general negativity coming from gaming related press. Everyone else seems to be pretty high on the system.

By everyone else I assume you mean the dumber parts of mainstream media that briefly mentioned this in like...one article and will forget about it tomorrow right?

bring up some valid, positive, general technology source and you might have something.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

WaLzgi

340. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

TysonOfTime wrote:

WHY

Because unlike Nintendo and Sony 400 million isn't much to Microsoft. They had an income of 6 billion last quarter. Also this deal is for five years and puts microsoft technology all over the NFL and sidelines. The deal also keeps NFL from any other console on the market which a big marketing feature. THs deal effects both microsoft and NFL all over and not just the xbox. This deal is a pretty smart investment and puts micorosft at the ground floor as the NFL starts to add more technology to the game like MLS and MLB have been doing. They also gain a huge marketing Partner from America's most popular sport .

But yes Listen to the gaming site with such a narrow view they can't see how breaking into the ground floor of a new Market segment with one of the world's biggest brands exclusive to your hardware is a good thing.

For what return though? What advantage does this give Microsoft? Sure they can afford it...but WHY?! This will only support them in the US market while the rest of the world couldn't care less about this big partnership

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky