Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 1,521 to 1,540 of 11,914

kkslider5552000

mamp wrote:

Bad news guys I ended up buying Banjo-tooie instead. I said to myself I would take a break after beating the first one but I couldn't. Darn why are they so good!?

presumably because Rare in the N64 era were the gaming equivalent of Jesus.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

SCRAPPER392

mamp wrote:

Bad news guys I ended up buying Banjo-tooie instead. I said to myself I would take a break after beating the first one but I couldn't. Darn why are they so good!?

I personally liked Tooie better. More challenge, more moves, world connectivity, more sidequests... I thought the worlds were better, too.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

CanisWolfred

kkslider5552000 wrote:

mamp wrote:

presumably because Rare in the N64 era were the gaming equivalent of Jesus.

I'd liken it more to a one-trick pony. It's just that one trick involves doing a backflip straight to the moon.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

mamp

My goal was to experience a new game I hadn't played before but I guess I just had a nostalgia attack and I couldn't help it and I bought Tooie.
So they're having a sale and I'm trying to decide between quantum conundrum, Tomb Raider reboot, or Deus Ex Human Revolution any suggestions? I swear I will listen this time XD

The cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.
NNID: Muffin-Gun

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6586-7657

RancidVomit86

mamp wrote:

My goal was to experience a new game I hadn't played before but I guess I just had a nostalgia attack and I couldn't help it and I bought Tooie.
So they're having a sale and I'm trying to decide between quantum conundrum, Tomb Raider reboot, or Deus Ex Human Revolution any suggestions? I swear I will listen this time XD

Deus Ex Human Revolution. It is a stellar game.

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

Where my friends and I usually get stupid:
https://www.twitch.tv/MUDWALLHOLLER - Come by hang and visit our Discord. The link for Discord is on the Twitch page.

Let's Go Buffalo!

SCRAPPER392

@mamp
I honestly didn't like how Tomb Raider looked. I bought Deus Ex for Wii U, and I played through it twice. If achievements are your thing, they aren't ridiculously hard like some games.

Qwest

shingi_70

Quantum Break is going to be at gamescom and looks sweet.

My three most anticipated games won't be till next year means iwon't get a one to Fall 2015.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

SCRAPPER392

So i ended up biting the bullet and bought Dead Rising 3. It's currently downloading. I had the send in my Wii U GamePad for repairs, so I was more inclined to buy it.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

shingi_70

cool tell us how you like it.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

mamp

So I bought Deus Ex but I also bought The Stick of Truth which I finished last night and I was so disappointed. I am not a person to complain about price as long as a game is good but seriously TSOT was so short it did not warrant a $60 price tag. It didn't help that I just recently played Child of Light which was only $15 and I felt it was just as long (or even a little longer) than the TSOT. I felt like Child of Light gave me more bang for my buck too: the game had a more complex battle/leveling up system, and it came with a new game+ mode which South Park was lacking. Well I made a huge mistake which is what I get for being impatient and not waiting for a price drop.

The cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.
NNID: Muffin-Gun

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6586-7657

SCRAPPER392

shingi_70 wrote:

cool tell us how you like it.

It's pretty good. The zombies are smarter and stronger, which is good. The world is larger, etc... I'd say the grphics have improved by 20% since Dead Rising 2. The controls are a bit sketchy, but it's bearable and still a great deal better than past games. I agree with the 8 and up scores.

I've already played it for like 5 hours.

EDIT: Also, sometimes there are what I would consider an overabbundance of zombies, but they do that to retain challenge. They respawn pretty quick.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

kkslider5552000

I'm reminded that I have Dead Rising 1, played it once and never got anywhere in it to have an opinion of it.

I should change that someday.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

SCRAPPER392

kkslider5552000 wrote:

I'm reminded that I have Dead Rising 1, played it once and never got anywhere in it to have an opinion of it.

I should change that someday.

I wasn't all that impressed with Dead Rising at first, either. I didn't understand the time system and survivor missions, anf thought the time went by too fast to much of anything. You have to beat the game once or just keep restarting to level up and do better. It might seem pretty annoying, but that's what gets you used to the game. It's always better to not expect youself to 100% the game on your first time through(that's something I tend to do, anyway).

Qwest

Ralizah

Messing with zombies is always fun, of course, but the gunplay in Dead Rising is awful. Makes the boss battles quite the chore.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

kkslider5552000

Ralizah wrote:

Messing with zombies is always fun, of course, but the gunplay in Dead Rising is awful. Makes the boss battles quite the chore.

I was under the impression that no one actually uses the guns.

Ralizah

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

I was under the impression that no one actually uses the guns.

Not on the zombies.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

SCRAPPER392

It depends. Guns are usually always the worst weapon choice in DR on bosses. I never even used them much against zombies, but it is something they improved on in this game.

Qwest

shingi_70

I tend to take guns or the combo rocket launchers in when fighting bosses and spam them and other combo weapons.

Update went live today so you no longer need gold or anything other than GOG and multiplayer.

WAT!

shingi_70

So I just bought Forza Horizon on xbox live for $10. Should be finished downloading in an hour so i'll be jumping into that.

Microsoft had a pretty good E3 line up.
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

WAT!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic