Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 1,361 to 1,380 of 11,914

SCRAPPER392

I'm not saying Titan Fall is unimportant. There's just no way they can expect it to sell truckloads of Xbox One consoles, if it's available for PC and Xbox 360. If it was Xbox One exclusive, I would agree with you, but it's not.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

shingi_70

Press Play announced their next game at Pax and in Edge magazine titled Project Totem for Xbox One/360.

Its a 2D puzzle Platformer.

In Project Totem you control two pieces of a totem pole at the same time with the same input. The challenge, the two are not always on the same path.

Project Totem plays in solid 60 fps full HD with controls tighter that tight. It feels both retro and new at the same time and its mind bending puzzle design and twitch gameplay present plenty of challenge for the experienced gamer.

Project Totem features a local “couch” co-op campaign that you can challenge yourself and a friend with. It is designed to be played right away and does not require tutorial or unlocks. The basic premise for the co-op campaign? We have doubled everything – except the double jump. It has been quadrupled!

A WORK IN PROGRESS

Untitled

Edited on by shingi_70

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

RR529

Time for my RDR (360) update!

Not much time today, so only one mission. It had some variety though, as you started out playing a few hands of Poker, followed by a couple of duels, then a small gunfight.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

OptometristLime

SCAR392 wrote:

The Xbox One sounds like a VCR when you put in a disc. Thoughts?

Don't put discs in your VCR.

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.

SCRAPPER392

OptometristLime wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

The disc I put in there was the Majora's Mask soundtrack

Qwest

OptometristLime

SCAR392 wrote:

OptometristLime wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

The disc I put in there was the Majora's Mask soundtrack

Lol! Well the Majora's Mask soundtrack is terrifying, so there you go. xD

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.

RR529

Time for my nightly RDR (360) update.

Played 2 missions tonight! First one was a particularly awesome & lengthy gunfight through a valley & up into some ruins. Second one had me sneaking into a prison, taking out the guards, and breaking out a prisoner. In other news, both my "Fame" & "Honor" rankings reached the next levels (my "Fame" is Mercenary, & my "Honor" is Peacemaker). Also bought a new residence (a whopping $250!).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

RR529

Time for my nightly RDR (360) update!

Played a whopping 7 missions today! First one had me sneaking prisoners of war out of Mexico & into America. Second one had me defending a moving train from waves of attackers (with some more Gatling Gun action here). Third one was just another gunfight type mission, though there was a big twist story wise (though I saw it coming). Fourth one had a variety of things to do, with a stealth segmet, followed by a gunfight (with another Gatling Gun involved), and then you had to crack open a safe. Fifth one had me placing dynamite & ambusing a convoy. Sixth one was another normal gunfight type mission (though you had to capture the leader of your opponent alive). Seventh mission was a large scale gunfight, where you eventually had to confront an important person story wise, and you even got to use a canon at the end!

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

RR529

3 missions today! First one had a duel, followed by a major gunfight, then a small chase part. Second one had me investigating a creepy old ship wreck, followed by a couple of gunfights, Third one had me briefly exploring a mine, followed by a small gunfight, a large platforming section (with a few surprises), ended up with a bit of stealth.

In other news,

I've finally finished up the Mexico arc of the story, and am now in the great plains (which is gorgeous), which I'm really excited for (Blackwater is stunning, and the environments here seem to be the most varied & lush)

I watched another film, and I'm loving this game's satire of the attitude of the times, and I had to buy a new horse, because I got ambushed by another cougar...

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Peek-a-boo

Oh dear.

... after the NPD news, it looks like the PlayStation 4 is ploughing forward to a 2:1 (worldwide) lead.

In a month where the Xbox One had a $100 price cut and Titanfall, their biggest game of the year, was thrown in for nothing, the PS4 still comfortably - despite the continued shortage issues - outsold the Xbox One in home territory.

One has to wonder what is going on behind the scenes at Microsoft today!

Peek-a-boo

RR529

I did 3 missions today! First one started with a sniping gunfight, followed by a normal gunfight through a forest hideout. Second one featured a small gunfight through that same hideout, followed by a section of fighting off attackers while riding back into town. Third one featured another sniping gunfight, followed a by a section where you had to fight off attackers while riding from one town to another.

In other news, I hunted my first few buffalo & elk, and purchased the most expensive property yet, a nice lookinh $400 log cabin.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Peach64

Peek-a-boo wrote:

Oh dear.

... after the NPD news, it looks like the PlayStation 4 is ploughing forward to a 2:1 (worldwide) lead.

In a month where the Xbox One had a $100 price cut and Titanfall, their biggest game of the year, was thrown in for nothing, the PS4 still comfortably - despite the continued shortage issues - outsold the Xbox One in home territory.

Not sure they really need to be worried about being outsold by the fastest selling console of all time. Xbox One is selling faster than most consoles have at this stage of their life, and I doubt many expected that from a console that's weaker technically AND more expensive than it's competition.

Peach64

SCRAPPER392

Also, if you think Titan Fall is te biggest game of the year, I don't even... Titan Fall is mainly there to fill a release gap, and is available on all Microsoft consoles.

Qwest

RancidVomit86

Peek-a-boo wrote:

Oh dear.

Probably not much. This early in a consoles lifespan is not time to panic. Plus 2nd place isn't such a bad place to be in the video game business. I'm sure they want 1st place but eh Microsoft saw with the PS3 the kind of turn around a console can have as time progresses. Titanfall is a big release but I think it's just the big release of first half of the year.

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

Where my friends and I usually get stupid:
https://www.twitch.tv/MUDWALLHOLLER - Come by hang and visit our Discord. The link for Discord is on the Twitch page.

Let's Go Buffalo!

RR529

I did two missions today! First one featured a huge shootout where you were manning a Gatling Gun in an armored truck, followed by a lengthy riding section, then a gunfight through the enemy's camp, ending out with the most anti-climactic confrontation ever...

Second one had me doing another cattle drive, though this time I had to fight off cattle rustlers while doing it.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Peek-a-boo

SCAR392 wrote:

Also, if you think Titan Fall is te biggest game of the year, I don't even... Titan Fall is mainly there to fill a release gap, and is available on all Microsoft consoles.

Why did Microsoft hype the game in an absurdly over the top manner since the first showing at E3 last year? You could not not see it being mentioned on any website(s) in the month or two leading up to the games release date.

... if you do not think Titanfall is/was their biggest game of this year, please tell me what on Earth is?!

: S

Peek-a-boo

SCRAPPER392

Peek-a-boo wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Why did Microsoft hype the game in an absurdly over the top manner since the first showing at E3 last year? You could not not see it being mentioned on any website(s) in the month or two leading up to the games release date.

... if you do not think Titanfall is/was their biggest game of this year, please tell me what on Earth is?!

: S

I'm not saying Titan Fall is a worthless game. I'm saying that itls available on Xbox 360 and PC, so they couldn't have expected it to boost Xbox One as much as people say they think it would. There was hype, but it wasn't only focused on Xbox One.

If you buy the game on Xbox 360, Xbox One, or PC, the money is still only going to EA and Microsoft. Xbox One is only 1 of 3 consoles.

I don't know what games they plan on releasing this year. We'll just have to see what comes out.

Qwest

RR529

5 missions tonight! First one had me hunting some elk. Second one had me shooting crows. Third one just had me driving a wagon from one area to another (with a very generous time limit). Fourth one had me hunting wolves. Fifth one was another cattle drive with a very brief combat section.

Missions have been very easy as of late. I have a feeling this is some sort of calm before the storm (especially considering the story context of these missions). In other news, my "Honor" rank is now Hero.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

shingi_70

Lift London's first game is a Science Fiction RPG for mobile and OC called Edens Fall.
Untitled

Here's the QA from the blog.

The Basics
Eden Falls, eh? What’s that supposed to be? A disease?
Eden Falls is a science fiction themed role-playing game, featuring deeply tactical turn-based combat and an exciting story of epic proportions. The game will be published episodically.

Who exactly are you guys anyway?
The game is being developed by Brimstone Interactive, an independent studio based in Helsinki, Finland. Our team currently consists of 5 awesome people with experience from companies such as Supercell, RedLynx, Mountain Sheep and Recoil Games.

Alright. What platforms will the game be coming out?
Our primary target is to release the game on tablets first (iOS, Android, Windows), with a HD version for PC coming out a bit later. Don’t hold us to it, though, since we’ve only been working full time on the project for a few months.

When are you planning to release Eden Falls?
We aim to release the first episode in Fall 2014 for iOS and Android tablets. The PC release schedule has not been decided yet.

What kind of an age rating can I expect? Is it going to be violent?
Eden Falls will deal with some heavy topics and is thus targeted towards a mature, adult audience. Sex, drugs and violence will all play their part through out the story.

Will the game be single-player only? What about multiplayer?
Yes. Eden Falls is designed from the ground up as a single player RPG. We have no plans to include any multiplayer functionality in the first episode at least. Future multiplayer support is possible for the later releases.

And the system requirements are?
You’ll be able to play the game on any modern tablet device. Hardware requirements for the PC version have not been estimated yet.

What about peripherals like gamepads?
Due to the nature of the game, this will be something we’ll have to look into in the future. We’ll most likely have no support for gamepads or other types of controllers for Episode 1.

How much will it cost?
We don’t know yet.

Will there be a demo of the game?
A demo version for the PC is a possibility, yes. This is yet again one of those things we’ll just have to see about later on.

Development
What stage of development are you in at the moment?
We are currently in the prototype phase of development. To be more specific, we are working on the core components of the game, such as basic combat and enemy AI, turn-based logic, action points and such. Much of our time has gone into programming our very own level editor and tools, which will be used to make the actual game.

What game engine are you using?
We’re using the wonderful Unity game engine, since it gives us cutting edge, industry standard features without compromising flexibility.

Will I be able to mod the game?
We’re putting a lot of effort into building a comprehensive toolset for us to use and have planned to release said tools to the players at some later point. We’d rather take the time to make them user friendly first, instead of releasing a set of cryptic pieces of code no one will understand. As usual, we’ll let you know once the situation develops.

Where are the screenshots and gameplay videos?
At the very moment, nowhere. Let’s just say that the gameplay stuff we have now is better left unseen. We’ll be uploading some sweet concept art and such, once the time is right. Watch this space.

It will probably come to the one since the system will be able to play and be cross buy with windows/Phone apps soon.

Some concept art as well.
http://www.edenfallsgame.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/...

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic