"We have a product for people who can't get online, it's called Xbox 360"
Untitled

LOL

Edited on by JGMR

With kind regards,

JGMR

Ralizah

WOW.

Heads are rolling at Microsoft, I guess. Hopefully this bodes well for the Xbone's future.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

rallydefault

TysonOfTime wrote:

It's almost like... you're on a computer!

Yar.

I was gonna say the Kinect sets it apart, but nope ... PC is getting a new one of those, too. So... uh... yea.

Exclusives?

Honestly, though, now I'm leaning a little more toward Xbone than PS4. I think they'll get their stuff together.

rallydefault

kkslider5552000

If every single person remotely related to their PR is fired, the company will be better off for it.

rallydefault wrote:

Honestly, though, now I'm leaning a little more toward Xbone than PS4. I think they'll get their stuff together.

The last 2 Xbox consoles make me doubt their decent amount of interesting exclusives will last that long. Same with Playstation having in any way less/worse exclusives, I'll be amazed if this is consistent throughout the consoles' lifespans.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

rallydefault

@kkslider5552000

Very true. I'm glad I didn't pre-order either of them, to be honest. I have a feeling I'll be just fine with my PC and Nintendo machines for a while until I can make a better call.

rallydefault

shingi_70

Damn I'm siprised mattrick is leaving. I guess his recent sfrew up bodes I'll for his place on the companies restructuring that starts today.

But Zygna of all place lol.

I think the current team of non PR is pretty good they just need an outsider who knows the indursty and is welcome to indies to replace son.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

micronean

[/quote]
I'm thinking the opposite. The XBOX now has no leader, and whoever takes charge (just like with Mattrick) will have had no say on how the console is desgned. In other words: the console is not his vision.

I just hope the next Xbox CEO is not Phil Harrison; that bald, pale, alien-looking guy, who destroys everything he touches.

micronean

shingi_70

Happens with every company going through a leadership change. The next CEO will probably be someone from the Mattrick era like Phil Spencer.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

rallydefault

micronean wrote:

I'm thinking the opposite. The XBOX now has no leader, and whoever takes charge (just like with Mattrick) will have had no say on how the console is desgned. In other words: the console is not his vision.

I just hope the next Xbox CEO is not Phil Harrison; that bald, pale, alien-looking guy, who destroys everything he touches.

[/quote]

Ehhhhh... I don't know. I'm torn. I mean, both PS4 and Xbone are going to sell out their initial launches through pre-orders and holiday season madness. That's a given. Things are gonna look pretty awesome through the holidays and into at least January/February for both companies, regardless of negative press now. There are enough gamers out there on both sides that will support their consoles and make them both look like successes no matter what for those first few months. I don't think we'll be able to get a good read on Microsoft's (and the Xbone's) TRUE direction until further down the line, once all the hype and novelty of TWEETING WHILE WATCHING A TV SHOW sarcasm dies down.

rallydefault

Midnight3DS

PS4 and One should both be pretty healthy, with One possibly seeing a slight ding in the end from all the cumulitive PR disasters.

3DS Friend Code: 5129-0855-7142 ID = Midnight

AC:NL Mayor Jambo, town of Hamneggs

banacheck

kkslider5552000

The last 2 Xbox consoles make me doubt their decent amount of interesting exclusives will last that long. Same with Playstation having in any way less/worse exclusives, I'll be amazed if this is consistent throughout the consoles' lifespans.

I think Sony's done quite well with it's exclusive's and stretching them out right through the PS3 life, i'm looking forwards too Drangon Crown & Puppeteer both are exclusive's. Also Sony has over 30 games still in development 20 of them are exclusive's, and 12 of them are new IP's. Sony will be announcing more games at Gamescom too, i except Microsoft to announce something at Gamescom too.

Forgot to say Sony will be releasing them 20 exclusive's in the first year. But all together Sony has 140 games in development between their own studios and third party studios. Of these 140 games, 100 will be available in the first year, and 40 of the titles will have PS4 exclusive bonuses. If you would like a link just ask thank you.

Edited on by banacheck

banacheck

MrGawain

If anybody thinks Mattrick was to blame for the Xbox, or to be praised for it's success, your very mistaken. What he really was a plate juggler who had to balance what he could do, had to do, and wanted to do.

• He had a parent company saying 'we want integration with the Windows brand, and a tool to battle Apple TV. We want a slice of all home entertainment dollars. We also want you to use this Kinect thing more that you ploughed our money into. We also want to exploit all the IP's we've paid for in the past by bringing back the dead ones, and moving into other media with the popular ones'.
  • He had the accountants saying 'you can't subsidise this system like the last. We want a positive fiscal year X months from now'.
  • The 3rd party devs were saying 'We want the 2nd hand games market gone. We also want a bigger slice if you want exclusives'.
  • The Xbox designers were telling Mattrick: 'This is how powerful we can make it for this amount. We can't have backwards compatibility, plus this is the way we'll have to set up the DRM- internet connection to verify.'

All of these concerns had to be balanced, and packaged. Mattrick probably made very few of the big decisions imposed upon him- just the ones to fit around them. Undoubtedly Mattrick laid down the law to the retailer and rental shops, and they had to follow his rhetoric if they wanted to stock Xbox products.

Unfortunately for him, the last unified voice; the consumer, told him they didn't like the end product. Mattrick and the powers that had to renege on their promise to 3rd party, plus change what they told the designers what they wanted, at all times avoiding blaming the core brand Microsoft and not wavering in the rule of the accountant.

If Mattrick was to blame for anything was he couldn't unify all the different voices in the company to say the same thing a the same time, having to come up with some pretty ropey excuses to cover bad decisions and bad PR. But then with every negative reaction the company changed policy- and to get such a large business to change course quickly is almost impossible.

Whoever takes over from him will have the same pressures and predicaments on them, and their only real hope is to make it look like things have changed, but still keep everyone happy by following the ironclad rules.

And trust me- it's no different for any business, one way or another.

Isn't it obvious that Falco Lombardi is actually a parrot?

JGMR

Of couse. He is just a "representative", but anybody with a sense of self-worth and self-respect would never go near such a company exercising such sick policies.

With kind regards,

JGMR

shingi_70

JGMR wrote:

Of couse. He is just a "representative", but anybody with a sense of self-worth and self-respect would never go near such a company exercising such sick policies.

Don Mattrick doesn't care.
Untitled

WAT!

JGMR

Hence the lack of self-worth. As if one's self is determined by how much land one owns. This sick culture praises photo models who contribute nothing, while streets are filled with homeless people who have amazing stories to tell. It disgusts me.

With kind regards,

JGMR

shingi_70

JGMR wrote:

Hence the lack of self-worth. As if one's self is determined by how much land one owns. This sick culture praises photo models who contribute nothing, while streets are filled with homeless people who have amazing stories to tell. It disgusts me.

I'm not defending it (it was acutally a post by cliffyB) but Mattrick is known to be someone who values his money hence why he's going to Zynga. There was a story that when he bought his first lambo he mandated all the EA employees to come to the window to watch him show off with his new Car.

WAT!

JGMR

I know, you don't have to defend yourself my friend.

With kind regards,

JGMR

shingi_70

Only downside means there won;t be any awkward clapping at xbox events.

WAT!

JGMR

C'mon!
Untitled

With kind regards,

JGMR

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic