Forums

Topic: Why the PlayStation 3 is better than the Xbox 360.

Posts 21 to 40 of 340

Bahamut_ZERO

Personally 360 > PS3. First, more comfortable controller, especially for FPS. Second, better online functionality (you have to pay, but you get what you pay for). Third, superior JRPG line up (Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey, etc). Third, Halo (best game with friends ever IMO). Fourth, more pricing options. Fifth, better downloadable service.

They're both great consoles, however I have to give the edge to the 360. And in terms of exclusives, they're now even.

Bahamut_ZERO

Djungelurban

The+Fox wrote:

Djungelurban wrote:

Two words: Team ICO.

Yes, their MASSIVE list of games they've released for the system means thats a big factor.

Quality over quantity my friend...

SwerdMurd

they're both awesome. Seriously--they both have excellent games, excellent graphical presentations, and turbo quick online play.

a little bit off-topic--on the earn-money side of things, I process user-generated review content. My company does review for everyone and their mom, with Best Buy being one of our clients. The other day I read a review, for the 360 Arcade, 5/5, that stated: "It's way better than the PS3! It has online play, a hard drive, and waaaay better games! It's clearly the best console--I know because I own one." That logic was just....amazing. Not to mention--the Arcade doesn't come with a hard drive. I strongly suggest, if anyone ever feels in-doubt about their own mental skills, perusing internet reviews for consoles. They make you feel smart.

@Bahamut - If I played more FPS I may agree with you...unfortunately, virtually every other genre plays worse with that controller in my experience, and the D-pad is so unbelievably heinous that it's a complete joke that 360 gets all the good shoot-em-ups. Then again most shmup nuts own several arcade joysticks with various connectors anyway...

-Swerd Murd

(check my tunes out at www.soundcloud.com/swerdmurd)

container1024

I got all 3 consoles - and I hardly ever use the 360.
The PS3 & Wii are great machines. Both radically different from each other and offering a wide range of genres / games.
The 360 - its just - meh.

container1024

Chrono_Cross

@Bahamut Zero
1: The Playstation controller is far more superior than the 360's due to the fact that it virtually has not changed at all over the past 15 years or so.
2: The online play on the PS3 is far better than whats on the 360 since well the PS3 can do more(look at MAG), in terms of more players and the headset is wireless(from what I've experienced).
3: Who truly cares for JRPGs that much they'd choose the console with more of them sheesh!
4: (By the way you said "third", two times), Killzone 2 and Warhawk are better than that overrated sci-fi crapfest. And yes I know Warhawk is a TPS not an FPS.
And 5 and 6 are better on 360 though you pay a little extra for a better machine that will last for another 6 or 7 years while the 360 will not.

Edited on by Chrono_Cross

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

clicketyclick

Oooh this is like a mini-System Wars!

irken004 wrote:

Two words: Shigeru Miyamoto

EAT THAT SONY AND MICROSOFT!!!!

Gosh, no Wii Music for them, eh? I guess they'll have to stick with their non-gimped versions of GH and RB.

Bahamut+ZERO wrote:

superior JRPG line up (Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey, etc).

Blue Dragon is The Conduit of JRPGs. Though on second thought, I guess the qualification for being an good, bona-fide JRPG nowadays is being incredibly derivative and stale with dumb characters. Eternal Sonata is more interesting and is on both.

Swiket wrote:

Is Banjo-Kazooie on PS3?

That should make everything clear.

Yep, a game that no-one bought on 360 is not on the PS3. That'll be a deciding factor to all of one person: Greg Mayles' mother. Though she probably has a Wii already and is completely content with just Wii Sports, Wii Fit, and Animal Crossing.

Edited on by clicketyclick

Now Playing: Bioshock

Bahamut_ZERO

@Swerd_Murd: I know where the controllers weakness is. I just didn't point that out. It's kind of obvious which console I buy BlazBlue on

@ChronoCross:
1).....I'm sorry, but what?
2) It can do more, but hasn't. And I mean the friends list and everything also is much better integrated.
3).....Me......
4) lol sorry. And I said with friends. Key. Halo isn't all that great alone, but with friends, you get Custom Games, Theater, Forge, and much, much more lolzy moments then those other games. Though yeah, Halo isn't that good alone.

The PS3 is a long term invest, that's for sure. But let's be honest, when "the next gen" comes around with, who knows, games that you can control with your mind (I don't know, just guessing), who will want to play something that's last gen. The PS2 had games made for it up until I think just last year, making it another long-term investment, but the next gen consoles completely overshadowed it. Remember, all this is for now. I think by 2012 the PS3 will pull ahead significantly, but as of now, the 360 is better all around. That's just what I think though, you're free to disagree.

Edited on by Bahamut_ZERO

Bahamut_ZERO

SonicMaster

PS3 is better. I know that, and I haven't even played xbox 360. As a matter of fact, I haven't played ps3 a whole lot either

SonicMaster

clicketyclick

Bahamut+ZERO wrote:

The PS3 is a long term invest, that's for sure.

Well, comparatively, yes, only because your 360 is designed to self-destruct one month after the warranty runs out.

Edited on by clicketyclick

Now Playing: Bioshock

Bahamut_ZERO

@clicketyclick: ACtually, I liked Wii Music. Unrelated, but yeah.....
And Blue Dragon, though while sucky story-wise still has fun gameplay.

And for the comment above, only the earliest 360 models RROD'd. 2008 on have 360s with a very small failure rate. And the PS3 is a long-term investment. Remember the first few PS3 years? It was atrocious. There was Resistance and.......that's all. Now recently, it has great games like LBP and Uncharted coming out. It's a long term investment. That's not necessarily a bad thing if you have extra cash, but if you're not doing so well, it's a problem.

Bahamut_ZERO

toby_bob3

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm there both great consoles xbox 360 has more quality titles as of its bigger fan base and xbox360 has better price but the ps3 supports full hd.........................................

i keep being blocked ?

SwerdMurd

PS3 first few years was pretty foul. I was pretty concerned for it's long-term viability at the outset....now I know it's safe, even if it's currently in third. As long as I keep getting games I enjoy playing, I'm a happy man.

-Swerd Murd

(check my tunes out at www.soundcloud.com/swerdmurd)

Chrono_Cross

Bahamut+ZERO wrote:

Now recently, it has great games like LBP and Uncharted coming out.

And like the ones that are already out like Metal Gear Solid 4 (which is better than both Gears of War combined and if you beg to differ I'd love to make you cry), LBP, Uncharted, WarHawk, Killzone 2, Eye of Judgement, Socom, Infamous, both Motor Storms, and both Resistances. All exclusives.

360 has Gears, Left4Dead, and Halo... wuhoo?

Edited on by Chrono_Cross

Just for you.

Corbs

I'd give up my PS3 long before I'd give up either of my Xbox 360 systems. Just me personally.

Edited on by Corbs

Plain old gamer :)

irken004

clicketyclick wrote:

Oooh this is like a mini-System Wars!

irken004 wrote:

Two words: Shigeru Miyamoto

EAT THAT SONY AND MICROSOFT!!!!

Gosh, no Wii Music for them, eh? I guess they'll have to stick with their non-gimped versions of GH and RB.

Sure, now excuse me.....

goes off to play Brawl and Mario Galaxy, followed by Mario Kart Wii

Bahamut_ZERO

@ChronoCross: By "coming out" I meant recent games (08 on). And like I said, the long term investment is begging to pay off. And listing the exclusives doesn't really show anything. Both consoles have huge numbers of great exclusives. They're even. Both great consoles. The 360 just appeals to me more, that's all. No need to passionately defend it.....

Bahamut_ZERO

Chrono_Cross

Even number of exclusive games on both systems? Maybe. All exclusives on both systems are equal in quality? I don't think so. PS3 exclusive titles are far better than the ones on 360 and that meaning your better off getting a PS3 since most of the games are already on both systems that are developed/published by third parties.

And really most of my list showned was 08' and on I just got a little carried away is all.
Don't worry 360 is not horrible by any means and you liking the console has nothing to do with this its just the PS3 is better than it in almost everyway possible. Only reason most of my friends own a 360 is because well so many people play it online which a stupid reason to have a console just to play with friends online.

Just for you.

The_Fox

@Chrono Cross
Did you just mention MAG (a game not even out yet) as evidence of what the PS3 can do well? Odd.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

Metang

I'll take 360 over PS3 any day. For the same reasons that Bahamut ZERO posted. I still like the PS3 though. It has its great games. MGS4=Pure gem.

Images speak louder than words.
YouTube: TheLegendaryPirate
Email: e.&...

@ChronoCross: Actually, the biggest reason I got my 360 was to play with my friends. And let me tell you, it was money more than well spent

As for quality, recently the PS3 is coming ahead, but ODST firefight looks like me and my pals new gaming addiction

Bahamut_ZERO

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.