Other Gaming Forum

Topic: The Xbox 360 Thread

Showing 541 to 560 of 1,534

AuthorMessage

Ravage

541. Posted:

I prefer third person because they tend to come with some more strategic elements. If anyone has played Freedom Fighters, it was an awesome game. I played it on my gamecube, you had a kind of squad and you could give orders and it all worked very well. The single-player was all around great. You had to be careful with your squad, send them to the right cover points, you could heal them, it all worked out amazingly well.

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.
Just Say No To Toast!

AuthorMessage

RandomWiiPlayer

542. Posted:

Ravage wrote:

I prefer third person because they tend to come with some more strategic elements. If anyone has played Freedom Fighters, it was an awesome game. I played it on my gamecube, you had a kind of squad and you could give orders and it all worked very well. The single-player was all around great. You had to be careful with your squad, send them to the right cover points, you could heal them, it all worked out amazingly well.

It sounds similar to Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter.

The Game.

Is it after 9PM EST? You should probably ignore the above post.

AuthorMessage

Ravage

543. Posted:

Never played it, so I wouldn't know, but perhaps. You would normally get two or three options for your next mission, and the ones you pick first affect how easy the other ones will be. Go after a chopper landing pad, then another mission might not have a chopper, take out a bridge, the other missions may not get as many guys coming in. And you didn't get fancy equipment, you lived in the sewers lol

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.
Just Say No To Toast!

AuthorMessage

Pastry

544. Posted:

My gamertag is RyanPie4prez - I'm going to get XBL Gold soon but until then I don't really have any online capabilities.

Here is My Backloggery

AuthorMessage

Slapshot

545. Posted:

Check it out guys, I found some actual Halo:Reach Online Gameplay!
http://n4g.com/xbox360/News-513959.aspx

This guy is a BEAST, as well he should be he made the game but OMG!

Edited on by Slapshot

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

Twitter: Slapshot82

AuthorMessage

Terra

546. Posted:

Guys, there's a Red Dead Redemption Promotional offer going on right now. If you download the "Multiplayer Freeroam Trailer", you'll be able to get a free exclusive Rockstar theme token token and you'll be in with a chance to get 400 Microsoft points free but the points are only available for 5000 people. The competition ends on May 10th and you'll get the stuff after being emailed 4-6 weeks later about these tokens

Terra

3DS Friend Code: 3480-2530-5557 | Twitter: HDStockdale

AuthorMessage

Slapshot

547. Posted:

Check it out I found some info on a upcoming PSN/Live title called DeathSpank. Looks really fun as well.
http://www.gamesradar.com/ps3/deathspank/preview/what-the-hel...

AuthorMessage

The_Fox

548. Posted:

I just read about Deathspank a bit ago. It looks unique and sounds awesome, so this one is certainly on my radar. And it's by the guy that did the Monkey Island games!

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

549. Posted:

slapshot82 wrote:

Check it out I found some info on a upcoming PSN/Live title called DeathSpank. Looks really fun as well.
http://www.gamesradar.com/ps3/deathspank/preview/what-the-hel...

I heard of this game, but I kept confusing it with some old PC adventure game that wasn't very good.:P Looks good, I hope it plays even better.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Slapshot

550. Posted:

Yeah guys it now on my radar as well. I had never heard of it when I saw the link on GamesRadar and quickly was like wow this looks really fun and unique. So as usual I shared my finds lol.

AuthorMessage

Chris001

551. Posted:

Off Topic: My friend is trying to convince me to get a 360, I already have a Wii. Should I get it?

Warioware DIY Friend Code 0518 0223 2470
Name Chris

AuthorMessage

Infernape1000

552. Posted:

Chris001 wrote:

Off Topic: My friend is trying to convince me to get a 360, I already have a Wii. Should I get it?

That depends. What games do you like to play? Any systems other than the Wii that you have?

Twitter - Infernape1000
Youtube - Infernape1000

AuthorMessage

MetalMario

553. Posted:

Chris001 wrote:

Sure, why not? :-)

Mario is my homeboy! It matters not how you play. What matters...is how you fall.[00:49] PhoenixSage doesn't understand what's so hot about Metal's momFor friend codes, check my backloggery.VGM Bronze Medal - 37 Points
My Backloggery

Nintendo Network ID: MetalMario64

AuthorMessage

Terra

554. Posted:

I bought GRID finally for the 360, got it for £4 online on Amazon and it should by Wednesday. Anyone else here got the game, and if you do, what's your opinion on it?

Terra

3DS Friend Code: 3480-2530-5557 | Twitter: HDStockdale

AuthorMessage

Slapshot

555. Posted:

@Terra.... yeah Ive got it for the PS3 and its incredible. Codemasters put out nothing but great racing games as the Dirt Series is insanely awesome as well.

@Chris001.... if your friends have X360s then definately go witht the 360. Reason is so you can play with them online. That is the best advice I can give. Most all 3rd Party games are now going mulitplatform and some first party developers are starting to develop for both systems PSN/Live Games. BluRay put the PS3 up a little higher in my book but getting the system you can play with all your friends online will literally make you purchase priceless.

AuthorMessage

MetalMario

556. Posted:

Does PS3 have Party Chat like 360? I'm getting a PS3 regardless, just wondering.

Halo: Reach Beta tomorrow. :-)

Edited on by MetalMario

Mario is my homeboy! It matters not how you play. What matters...is how you fall.[00:49] PhoenixSage doesn't understand what's so hot about Metal's momFor friend codes, check my backloggery.VGM Bronze Medal - 37 Points
My Backloggery

AuthorMessage

Slapshot

557. Posted:

@MetalMario.... at the moment it actually doesnt, but it is getting it, Its suppose to come with the upgraded PSN Service. I just meant for both systems being the same price as a opinion. I DONT do the console wars and would Never come in this thread to start one or anywhere. 360 is a great system and does online way better then Playstation.

Aye please tell me you followed my link up there to see the video of the Halo Reach Beta. It looks so freakin Incredible. The developers definately did a 1up big time over Halo 3, wich is a great thing as I as a much bigger fan of Halo 2 than 3.

Any of you guys got Bayonetta. I just fired it up and its flippin great. Im not to thrilled about the enemies storyline but the fighting is insane.

AuthorMessage

The_Fox

558. Posted:

@Chris001
Go ahead and go for it! If there's on thing you'll find out it's that the systems both offer something different.

@Terra
I bought Grid during a sale on Gamestop and was pleasantly surprised. I'm not a huge fan of racers, but I enjoyed it.

@Metal Mario
I don't think so. I could be wrong, but I remember some PS3 owners complaining about that not long ago. It might be somthing Sony is holding back for their premium service (just guessing, so don't hold me to that).
Edit: Oops! Slapshot beat me to it.

@Slapshot:
That was a pretty sweet video you posted up there. I'm thinking I just might be "sick" and have to miss work the day the Beta hits. ;)

Edited on by The_Fox

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

AuthorMessage

MetalMario

559. Posted:

slapshot82 wrote:

@MetalMario.... at the moment it actually doesnt, but it is getting it, Its suppose to come with the upgraded PSN Service. I just meant for both systems being the same price as a opinion. I DONT do the console wars and would Never come in this thread to start one or anywhere. 360 is a great system and does online way better then Playstation.

Aye please tell me you followed my link up there to see the video of the Halo Reach Beta. It looks so freakin Incredible. The developers definately did a 1up big time over Halo 3, wich is a great thing as I as a much bigger fan of Halo 2 than 3.

Any of you guys got Bayonetta. I just fired it up and its flippin great. Im not to thrilled about the enemies storyline but the fighting is insane.

Yeah me neither. Console wars are pretty lame. I just get all of them sooner or later. :-P

I know I saw that vid. It's so EPIC. I want to make a loadout with a DMR and Spartan Laser!

Never got Bayonetta.

Edited on by MetalMario

My Backloggery

AuthorMessage

Dezner

560. Posted:

slapshot82 wrote:

I absolutely loved Bayonetta, glad someone else is always enjoying it! :D

As for the "story", the game is ridiculously self-aware of its awesome campiness, which makes it awesome. It gets more "serious" towards the end, though if that makes any difference. :p

Wii: 6882-4334-4721-0727 --- PSN: OrangeGouf --- XBL: Orange Gouf

Uguu!

Twitter: OrangeGouf