Other Gaming Forum

Topic: The Unofficial Steam Sales Thread

Showing 3,121 to 3,140 of 3,484

AuthorMessage

Swiket

3,121. Posted:

AlexSays wrote:

I would LOVE a copy of DOTA 2 if you still have one. My STEAM id is ucf_knight.

I'm building a decent PC next week, so I've already spent way too much this sale.. lol

UCF, eh? It looked like a great school in my senior year of high school and I love Orlando. And I probably wouldn't have had any problem being accepted, but for unfortunately financial reasons I wasn't willing to make the move. Plus, I live about 20 minutes away from FIU, so that kinda helps.

Video games.

I had fun once and it was awful.

3DS Friend Code: 4828-4964-0323

AuthorMessage

AlexSays

3,122. Posted:

UCF is a great school. Don't know much about FIU, but Miami sure sounds like a fun place to live.

FOREST_RANGER wrote:

@AlexSays You can also put your Steam ID in the "Games" section of your "Edit Profile" page...although I noticed the spacing issue is still present >:[

Thanks, I didn't even know that option was there.. lol

It's weird though, my Steam ID has the underscore, but the link only works without the underscore. Guessing that's the error you're referring to?

AlexSays

AuthorMessage

KingDunsparce

3,123. Posted:

I picked up the new Worms game, amongst other things, and my copy is broken. I feel cheated.
Other games I bought: Half Life 2, Garry's Mod, and The Binding of Isaac.

"I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!" ―Cave Johnson
Join the Chit-Chat Crew! :P
Behold: My Sparceloggery
Needs more Dunsparce. Much better

3DS Friend Code: 2938-6384-0441 | Nintendo Network ID: Pikminsi

AuthorMessage

FOREST_RANGER

3,124. Posted:

@AlexSays My Steam ID has a space. But whenever I try to add the space, the forms for the ID removes the space:

ABC DEF -----> ABCDEF

So I use an underscore, even though it doesn't link to my profile page.

Formely known as bobbiKat

Awesome graphing calculator

AuthorMessage

AlexSays

3,125. Posted:

Don't worry about the DOTA 2 key, one of my friends just gifted me one!

FOREST_RANGER wrote:

My Steam ID has a space. But whenever I try to add the space, the forms for the ID removes the space:
ABC DEF -----> ABCDEF
So I use an underscore, even though it doesn't link to my profile page.

Ah I see, that is a little annoying technical glitch.

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays

AuthorMessage

Gamesake

3,126. Posted:

Pikminsi wrote:

I picked up the new Worms game, amongst other things, and my copy is broken. I feel cheated.

That's terrible.

and The Binding of Isaac.

This just isn't your day.

...in my pants.

AuthorMessage

KingDunsparce

3,127. Posted:

Gamesake wrote:

Pikminsi wrote:

That's terrible.

and The Binding of Isaac.

This just isn't your day.

Well, I fixed Worms, but I haven't tried Isaac yet. Is it really that bad?

Edited on by KingDunsparce

"I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!" ―Cave Johnson
Join the Chit-Chat Crew! :P
Behold: My Sparceloggery
Needs more Dunsparce. Much better

3DS Friend Code: 2938-6384-0441 | Nintendo Network ID: Pikminsi

AuthorMessage

Gamesake

3,128. Posted:

Deus Ex: Human Revolution is on sale 75% off. Just $5.

Pikminsi wrote:

I haven't tried Isaac yet. Is it really that bad?

Not if you like awful Zelda clones and Diner Dash graphics.

...in my pants.

AuthorMessage

edhe

3,129. Posted:

I've been resisting the Steam sales so far because I'm terminally short on cash (my employer owes me at least £900 plus another £400-500 come the 10th), but I just had to pick up Fable: The Lost Chapters AND The Bard's Tale (truly an impulse buy - I found it in Fable's related games tab) for £1.74 each.

Incidentally, I had both of them on the XBOX (albeit Fable vanilla) but ended up selling them because it was too much hassle to set up an XBOX in an already crowded station (this was before my WiiU!).

Interestingly, The Bard's Tale was updated just this year (it's been out since 2005) with full versions of the prequels - that is Bards Tale I - IIII. Not a bad deal at all!

My Backloggery
Follow a cow?
You cannot #StopGamerGate

3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260 | Nintendo Network ID: edhe84

AuthorMessage

JohnDoe123

3,130. Posted:

Isaac isn't really a bad game. It is enjoyable, but I find it too unfair for my tastes. It's not really balanced well.

So far, I've got Mass Effect 2 and Galactic Civilizations 2 at $5 each. I also picked up Civilization V: Gods & Kings for $3 on sale at Green Man Gaming, redeemable on Steam.

JohnDoe123

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0286-9394

AuthorMessage

Platypus

3,131. Posted:

Little Inferno for $7.50!!!!!

Wii code: 3761-1403-5495-2750PSN ID: Nintendodude686
Steam Community ID; Platypus

AuthorMessage

Swiket

3,132. Posted:

Sleepy Dawgz is less than $5 right now. That's insane.

I had fun once and it was awful.

3DS Friend Code: 4828-4964-0323

AuthorMessage

V8_Ninja

3,133. Posted:

Gamesake wrote:

Pikminsi wrote:

I haven't tried Isaac yet. Is it really that bad?

Not if you like awful Zelda clones and Diner Dash graphics.

While I appreciate people expressing their opinions, The Binding of Isaac really isn't a Zelda clone. You can say it's slightly similar to the first Zelda game in the dungeons aspect, I will grant you that, but making further comparisons to the series seems inadequate and uninformed.

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery, My Anime List, and My Blog
You can email me here.

AuthorMessage

Platypus

3,134. Posted:

Really upset Rayman Origins never went on sale. That was the one game I really wanted. I ended up buying Scribblenauts, Dungeon Defenders and Humble Bundle 7. I may buy Torchlight 2 with the money I have left.

AuthorMessage

Gamesake

3,135. Posted:

I saw a lot of stuff go on sale but not low enough to concern me. I am considering RAGE right now. It's only $5 and is visually impressive. It might be a fun distraction for awhile but it also doesn't look too groundbreaking. Apocalypse, wasteland, mutants... you shoot them. This is what 75% off sales were made for. Normally I'd ignore RAGE but at that price it's tempting.

V8_Ninja wrote:

The Binding of Isaac really isn't a good Zelda clone.

Fixed that for you. I agree that comparing Zelda to Isaac seems unfair since Zelda is so good and Isaac is so not. But Isaac is definitely a boring wannabe game and it's ugly too. Gotta love it when indie games go shovelware.

...in my pants.

AuthorMessage

irken004

3,136. Posted:

http://www.polygon.com/2013/1/7/3849284/piston-valve-steam-bo...

It seems to be true about Steam making a console-like PC.

Too bad the high end model is going to be so expensive :O

Edited on by irken004

Backloggery

AuthorMessage

Platypus

3,137. Posted:

irken004 wrote:

LINUX????? So we can use, what? 5 games?

AuthorMessage

irken004

3,138. Posted:

soccer686 wrote:

irken004 wrote:

LINUX????? So we can use, what? 5 games?

You can currently buy the more basic model with Win 7 or 8, and Steam seems to be pushing support for Linux anyway now.

Backloggery

AuthorMessage

V8_Ninja

3,139. Posted:

Gamesake wrote:

V8_Ninja wrote:

The Binding of Isaac really isn't a good Zelda clone.

Fixed that for you. I agree that comparing Zelda to Isaac seems unfair since Zelda is so good and Isaac is so not. But Isaac is definitely a boring wannabe game and it's ugly too. Gotta love it when indie games go shovelware.

Stop slyly fixing comments so you can feel superior. All you're doing is showing that you're immature.

Attempting to continue the discussion at hand, the Zelda series has established a formula that is different than what The Binding Of Isaac performs. In a traditional Zelda game, you traverse through a dungeon while solving puzzles to eventually get a new item that is used to complete more puzzles and defeat the final boss of that dungeon. Isaac, instead of following that formula, just creates a random dungeon and allows that player to explore that dungeon. Isaac is more akin to an action-roguelike rather than something of a Zelda-styled nature. A good example of a "Zelda clone" would be Darksiders. Darksiders has a clear solve puzzles/fight, get a new tool, solve puzzles/fight, defeat the final boss design that apes the Zelda nature.

EDIT: Admittedly, I haven't played the original Legend of Zelda game and thus I'm unsure whether Isaac can be considered a clone of that specific game. However, the Zelda series has established that aforementioned formula throughout the ages and it is now a staple of the Zelda design.

Edited on by V8_Ninja

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery, My Anime List, and My Blog
You can email me here.

AuthorMessage

irken004

3,140. Posted:

Not exactly a Steam sale but on Newegg.com, you can grab certain new graphics cards and they'll email codes for the new Tomb Raider and Bioshock Infinite for free once they're released via steam.

So I bought one for my new PC. :*

Backloggery