Forums

Topic: The Unofficial Steam Sales Thread

Posts 3,141 to 3,160 of 3,237

Chris720

I didn't realise there was an NLife group on Steam... News to me. Well if they'd prefer to contact me through Steam, my username is in my signature, most people just seem to prefer to contact others by email though, so... Whatever makes them more comfortable.

Origin: chrisd1080
Steam: Chris720
Battle.net: Chris720
uPlay: Demonic720
YouTube

Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter:

V8_Ninja

CanisWolfred wrote:

nacho_chicken wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

You could join a group or something. NLife has its own group with 50 something members last I checked...

NLife group is pretty dead. As in, the last thing that happened there was in April '14.

About half of the members are still active, though. Like, I see online almost every time I'm on. If you're gonna give out stuff to random people, you may as well ensure it's an actual person you're giving it to and not just a spam bot that phished your email because you posted it for all to see.

Fun fact; I've had more random individuals try to, "Friend," me on Steam than I've had spam emails in my inbox. At this point I expect to get harassed more on Steam for handing out game keys than I do over here.

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery: http://backloggery.com/v8_ninja

V8_Ninja

On another note, I've got more Steam keys I don't want! Like before, just leave a comment saying you want one game (and only one) alongside your email and I'll send over the key. As for the games;

Edited on by V8_Ninja

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery: http://backloggery.com/v8_ninja

CanisWolfred

I get group requests, but I've never gotten random friend requests on Steam before unless I actually had interacted with the person at some point.

Then again, I don't give out free games on a regular basis.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

ThePirateCaptain

I get a bunch of random friend requests on Steam, all from people with level 1 or 0 profiles. I don't accept any of them because they're probably just spammers, but it is a little annoying.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

OptometristLime

There's a whole bunch of Sega Genesis games I'm noticing went on sale, 40 of them in fact for $15. I kind of don't know what I would be getting into with a purchase like that, because... I haven't really played any of them. sigh of shame

So to you peeps in the know, does that sound like a good deal? Or would I be investing in lead balloons.

CanisWolfred wrote:

I get group requests, but I've never gotten random friend requests on Steam before unless I actually had interacted with the person at some point.

Then again, I don't give out free games on a regular basis.

Same.

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.

nacho_chicken

OptometristLime wrote:

There's a whole bunch of Sega Genesis games I'm noticing went on sale, 40 of them in fact for $15. I kind of don't know what I would be getting into with a purchase like that, because... I haven't really played any of them. sigh of shame

So to you peeps in the know, does that sound like a good deal? Or would I be investing in lead balloons.

The Genesis games are essentially ROMs in a Sega-authorized barebones emulator. From what you've said, I bet you haven't played most of those games in the bundle. In that case, I really, REALLY recommend getting it. You get like 40 games, 95% of which are top-tier games and any "best-of" list would be empty without these. Gunstar Heroes is a Treasure classic. I spent way too long playing Shinobi III and Comix Zone. All the Shining Force games are great if you're looking for a Tactics RPG that's not Fire Emblem. Streets of Rage is a blast with multiplayer.

I also highly recommend getting the Sega Genesis Classic Pack 5 (which is not included in the collection). Phantasy Star IV is a fantastic game, and one of my favorite 16-bit RPGs; second only to Earthbound. That coming with PSII, Streets of Rage 3, Vectorman 2, and Dynamite Headdy is a bonus. Phantasy Star III is... interesting, to say the least. I can't recommend playing that one.

Plus, Jet Set Radio is $2.50. Get that, too.

Jack of all trades, master of some

Twitter:

DefHalan

I bought Alien Isolation ($13) and Aliens Colonial Marines ($4) on Steam, then bought Sid Meier's Starships on Humble Store ($10) and redeemed it on Steam.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

crazycrazydave

@nacho_chicken The entire collection of the Genesis games on steam is also on sale on the Humble Bundle store right now and includes the Genesis pack 5 games (like Phantasy Star IV and Streets of Rage 3 etc.). Thinking of getting it myself.

We're going on a bear hunt! We're going to catch a big one!

3DS Friend Code: 2492-4881-6959
Super Mario Maker levels: https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/crazycrazydave?type=posted

Samurai_Goroh

I got Jet Set Radio which is one of my fondest Dreamcast memories, but I kind of feel ripped off. It states compatibility with a controller, but it doesn't work with my Logitech standard controller. In fact, it doesn't work with anything that isn't the official Xbox 360 controller for PC.

So, is Microsoft paying them to sell controllers or it's just laziness? Anyway, it worth jolting up the nostalgia.

Samurai_Goroh

nacho_chicken

Samurai_Goroh wrote:

I got Jet Set Radio which is one of my fondest Dreamcast memories, but I kind of feel ripped off. It states compatibility with a controller, but it doesn't work with my Logitech standard controller. In fact, it doesn't work with anything that isn't the official Xbox 360 controller for PC.

"Compatibility with controller" usually means it uses the 360 Controller. It's probably due to the game only supporting xinput drivers and not directinput. There's x360ce if you really want to use your Logitech controller, but I never bothered with that. Wired 360 controllers for PC are like $20 new at Walmart anyway.

@crazycrazydave
Must... resist... sales...

Jack of all trades, master of some

Twitter:

OptometristLime

@nacho_chicken

I think a lot of those games will be getting my attention soon, but I decided to avoid the larger bundle for a narrower range of games. Since most of these games have quietly eluded me, your suggestion was most helpful. Now I've purchased the collection you mentioned, plus another package with the Shining Force games and Streets of Rage titles included.

My impressions may follow at some later date, once my gaming slate has cleared up a bit.

Edited on by OptometristLime

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.

TeeJay

I just bought Super Meat Boy since it was on sale. I'm probably the last person on the planet to have never played it before, lol

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Socar

got super meat boy for 3$. Not that I wanted to get the game but seeing that I love platform games, I thought I'll give it a shot.

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

Pkmns

TeeJay wrote:

I just bought Super Meat Boy since it was on sale. I'm probably the last person on the planet to have never played it before, lol

Love it. I've been stuck on the final boss for 5 years or so, now.

Pkmns

Geonjaha

Pkmns wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

Love it. I've been stuck on the final boss for 5 years or so, now.

I enjoy it, but I got stuck on the second boss. I think my game glitched out because it never scrolls upwards, and I die as soon as stuff starts rising. I pick up the key, and go left to start jumping up, and cant see anything because it doesn't rise. Haven't gone back to it since then.

Edited on by Geonjaha

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

unrandomsam

Pillars of Eternity is pretty damn good (It really puts it into perspective that Bioware under EA has completely lost it).

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

Chris720

Hello everyone,

I've got two Steam keys that I have no need for as I already have them on Origin... go figure. One is for Dead Space 2 and Dragon Age: Origins. If you're interested, send me an e-mail to: [email protected] or if you want Twitter as I'll probably see that first than an e-mail. :3

Origin: chrisd1080
Steam: Chris720
Battle.net: Chris720
uPlay: Demonic720
YouTube

Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter:

Faruko

The Daedalic bundle seems pretty awesome especially considering Deponia games are weird to go onto deals

WiiU: FarukoSH
3DS FC: 4640-0256-4473
Steam: Farukool
PSN: Farukosh

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.