Forums

Topic: The Unofficial Steam Sales Thread

Posts 3,141 to 3,160 of 3,310

CanisWolfred

I heard the Enhanced Edition was better, but the original was complete trash, IMO...but I couldn't resist the Enhanced Edition for $2, so I grabbed that and the second. Figure if I'm ever stuck on a deserted island with only a Steam account to keep me preoccupied, I'll eventually be able to get my gamer cred by playing those games.

Or maybe I just wasted $5.98. Who knows...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Geonjaha

Swiket wrote:

Does anyone else feel like the Summer Adventure part of the summer sale is pointless? The team aspect of it is just a competition of who spends the most money, and you have an extremely minuscule chance of winning free games. Plus, you can't choose what prize you get when you craft a badge. I only play Dota 2, so the rest of the prizes are meaningless to me.

I know the actual sales are what's important, but I miss the old system. Now that trading cards are a money-making factory for Valve, we'll probably never go back.

Very true. People are even spending $30 to switch teams, when all they'd get from doing so is a couple of cards, and a tiny chance of some free games that $30 could have bought them anyway.

Maelstrom wrote:

So far, I only got super meat boy. I like challenges.

You might want to look into getting They Bleed Pixels then as well if you haven't already got it. It's currently 75% off, and its a really fun, challenging Platformer.

Edited on by Geonjaha

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

Platypus

I really liked when they had achievements during the sale and allowed you to get in-game items with them, or the winter sale where you could get coal or free games while getting the achievements. It was a ton of fun.

Wii code: 3761-1403-5495-2750PSN ID: Nintendodude686
Steam Community ID; Platypus

SomeBitTripFan

I don't plan on getting too invested in this (I'm only crafting badges since I can make a bit off of the Summer Sale Cards I get from them), but it seems people are seriously invested into this. Maybe being on Blue Team is a good thing.

Just Someloggery
You have the right to disagree with me and the ability to consider anything valid that I say; Please exercise both.

Nintendo Network ID: SomeBitTripFan

Action51

So far I picked up the entire Dungeon Siege Trllogy for $4.99. I used to own the first two but lost some of the discs and materials when moving at some point. Part three is...okay so far?

I passed on Call of Juarez when I noticed it was published by Ubisoft. No thank you!

Action51

Auracle

I bought the Half-Life Complete Collection during one of the flash sales. $10 was a steal. That's all I really wanted, so I doubt I'll get anything else.

I foresee what you'll do there.
-The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is. ~Winston Churchill

3DS Friend Code: 1805-2247-0273 | Nintendo Network ID: True_Hero

CanisWolfred

Action51 wrote:

So far I picked up the entire Dungeon Siege Trllogy for $4.99. I used to own the first two but lost some of the discs and materials when moving at some point. Part three is...okay so far?

I passed on Call of Juarez when I noticed it was published by Ubisoft. No thank you!

Too bad. It's the third best FPS that's come out in the Past 10 years, and easily the best Wild West one.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

OptometristLime

CanisWolfred wrote:

Anybody want Summer card #9? The damn thing gave me two of the same card...

I would gladly take it off your hands, my user name is thelastlemming

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.

Action51

CanisWolfred wrote:

Action51 wrote:

Too bad. It's the third best FPS that's come out in the Past 10 years, and easily the best Wild West one.

What are the top two...or some of the better ones of the last decade or so far that matter overall?
I was looking to bite into an FPS at some point, I haven't played too many since the original PC FarCry and Team Fortress.

Action51

unrandomsam

Action51 wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Action51 wrote:

What are the top two...or some of the better ones of the last decade or so far that matter overall?
I was looking to bite into an FPS at some point, I haven't played too many since the original PC FarCry and Team Fortress.

The ones I have liked recently are the new Wolfenstein (Which still manages to be good) / Rage / Serious Sam BFE.

I don't like Call of Juarez but I have only played it for an hour and a half. (And I won't be playing it again ever - Its poor technically and not very interesting).

Edited on by unrandomsam

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

CanisWolfred

@OptometristLime

Oh my god, someone actually appreciated that line! My life is fullfilled!

Also, friend invite sent. I thought you were already on the list, though...but I don't know, everyone changes their names so often I can't keep track...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Ralizah

Picked up Ducktails Remastered and Papers, Please. Good deals on both. Thinking about The Stanley Parable and Age of Empires 2 HD.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

OptometristLime

CanisWolfred wrote:

@OptometristLime

Oh my god, someone actually appreciated that line! My life is fullfilled!

Also, friend invite sent. I thought you were already on the list, though...but I don't know, everyone changes their names so often I can't keep track...

Stealing people's quotes, it's my signature move! Ah ha. Ha.

There was some attempt at uniting the Nintendo Life community for some coop -awhile ago-

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.

Platypus

OptometristLime wrote:

There was some attempt at uniting the Nintendo Life community for some coop -awhile ago-

I tried that but my attempt failed because nobody seemed to be able to do it, plus I was unable to set up a server.

Edited on by Platypus

Wii code: 3761-1403-5495-2750PSN ID: Nintendodude686
Steam Community ID; Platypus

Geonjaha

Platypus wrote:

OptometristLime wrote:

I tried that but my attempt failed because nobody seemed to be able to do it, plus I was unable to set up a server.

I think it could work if we tried it again; we'd just need a Steam group to make it easier.

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

unrandomsam

Final Fantasy VII / VIII are at 66% off

III (Just released) is only at 33% off (All for only the next 4 hours).

unrandomsam

I think this has been the worst Steam sale for me yet (Or best if saving money is the goal).

Everything I have had any interest in has been on the side that lost the Community Choice.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.