Posts 2,861 to 2,880 of 3,310

Platypus

Little Inferno for $7.50!!!!!

Wii code: 3761-1403-5495-2750PSN ID: Nintendodude686
Steam Community ID; Platypus

V8_Ninja

Gamesake wrote:

Pikminsi wrote:

I haven't tried Isaac yet. Is it really that bad?

Not if you like awful Zelda clones and Diner Dash graphics.

While I appreciate people expressing their opinions, The Binding of Isaac really isn't a Zelda clone. You can say it's slightly similar to the first Zelda game in the dungeons aspect, I will grant you that, but making further comparisons to the series seems inadequate and uninformed.

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery: http://backloggery.com/v8_ninja

Platypus

Really upset Rayman Origins never went on sale. That was the one game I really wanted. I ended up buying Scribblenauts, Dungeon Defenders and Humble Bundle 7. I may buy Torchlight 2 with the money I have left.

Wii code: 3761-1403-5495-2750PSN ID: Nintendodude686
Steam Community ID; Platypus

Gamesake

I saw a lot of stuff go on sale but not low enough to concern me. I am considering RAGE right now. It's only $5 and is visually impressive. It might be a fun distraction for awhile but it also doesn't look too groundbreaking. Apocalypse, wasteland, mutants... you shoot them. This is what 75% off sales were made for. Normally I'd ignore RAGE but at that price it's tempting.

V8_Ninja wrote:

The Binding of Isaac really isn't a good Zelda clone.

Fixed that for you. I agree that comparing Zelda to Isaac seems unfair since Zelda is so good and Isaac is so not. But Isaac is definitely a boring wannabe game and it's ugly too. Gotta love it when indie games go shovelware.

...in my pants.

V8_Ninja

Gamesake wrote:

V8_Ninja wrote:

The Binding of Isaac really isn't a good Zelda clone.

Fixed that for you. I agree that comparing Zelda to Isaac seems unfair since Zelda is so good and Isaac is so not. But Isaac is definitely a boring wannabe game and it's ugly too. Gotta love it when indie games go shovelware.

Stop slyly fixing comments so you can feel superior. All you're doing is showing that you're immature.

Attempting to continue the discussion at hand, the Zelda series has established a formula that is different than what The Binding Of Isaac performs. In a traditional Zelda game, you traverse through a dungeon while solving puzzles to eventually get a new item that is used to complete more puzzles and defeat the final boss of that dungeon. Isaac, instead of following that formula, just creates a random dungeon and allows that player to explore that dungeon. Isaac is more akin to an action-roguelike rather than something of a Zelda-styled nature. A good example of a "Zelda clone" would be Darksiders. Darksiders has a clear solve puzzles/fight, get a new tool, solve puzzles/fight, defeat the final boss design that apes the Zelda nature.

EDIT: Admittedly, I haven't played the original Legend of Zelda game and thus I'm unsure whether Isaac can be considered a clone of that specific game. However, the Zelda series has established that aforementioned formula throughout the ages and it is now a staple of the Zelda design.

Edited on by V8_Ninja

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery: http://backloggery.com/v8_ninja

irken004

Not exactly a Steam sale but on Newegg.com, you can grab certain new graphics cards and they'll email codes for the new Tomb Raider and Bioshock Infinite for free once they're released via steam.

So I bought one for my new PC.

WesCash

Gamesake wrote:

I agree that comparing Zelda to Isaac seems unfair since Zelda is so good and Isaac is so not. But Isaac is definitely a boring wannabe game and it's ugly too. Gotta love it when indie games go shovelware.

Oh please, stop with the unjustified hatred already. You make it sound like the developers killed your entire family and burned your house down. I'm not exactly sure what your problem is with the game. At least when you're bashing Sony your comments are always witty and humorous.

Binding of Isaac is a great game and I've put a ton of hours into it. It's sold over a million copies and is universally praised by critics. It couldn't be further from shovelware. It's had a DLC expansion, numerous patches, and fan feedback has led to an HD remake of the game being developed for all systems. I wish more video-game designers were as passionate about making and supporting high quality titles like The Binding of Isaac.

WesCash

3DS Friend Code: 2019-9710-8219

WesCash

So Steam just announced that Age of Empires 2 is going to be available in HD in April with multiplayer servers and everything.
That's one of my favourite games of all time so I couldn't be happier. Completely unexpected but great news!

WesCash

Magikarp3

WesCash wrote:

So Steam just announced that Age of Empires 2 is going to be available in HD in April with multiplayer servers and everything.
That's one of my favourite games of all time so I couldn't be happier. Completely unexpected but great news!

WHAT?!?

My gosh, I feel just like a kid again :')

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

SubBronze

Jet Set Radio is only £1.50! There's no real excuse not to get it (unless Steam refuses to accept your money... FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU)

SteamID: bulby1994

3DS Friend Code: 5112-3450-2144 | Nintendo Network ID: Bulbousaur

WesCash

bulby1994 wrote:

Jet Set Radio is only £1.50! There's no real excuse not to get it (unless Steam refuses to accept your money... FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU)

But...but I already bought two games on Steam in the past week... I'M NOT MADE OF MONEY!

(opens wallet)

Edited on by WesCash

WesCash

Romeo

bought "Tomb Raider - The Final Hours" today
should be interesting

Romeo

SubBronze

Retro City Rampage is 67% off on Steam until Friday! That's £11.99 to £3.99 (sorry, don't know the US prices) Was going to buy this on WiiWare, but that deal was way too big to turn down.
There's also a bunch of other indie games like Limbo, Binding of Issac, Terraria, Castle Crashers and Braid for more than 50% off, but I already have most of the ones I want from the Christmas sale

SteamID: bulby1994

3DS Friend Code: 5112-3450-2144 | Nintendo Network ID: Bulbousaur

WesCash

Primal Carnage is on sale for $5.00.
If you don't know what this game is, allow me to explain.
There are two teams, dinosaurs and humans. They fight. It's basically Jurassic Park and it's hilarious fun.
Go buy it!

WesCash

FOREST_RANGER

Not exactly sale-related, but Capcom and Valve are working to make the main casts from Resident Evil 6 and Left 4 Dead 2 clash together... in BOTH WAYS! No, they aren't making a new game. Just some extra free(?) DLC for the existing games that don't contribute to their main stories. here are more details. Honestly, I didn't expect this at all

Formely known as bobbiKat

Nintendo Network ID: F0R35T_R8NG3R

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.