Forums

Topic: The Unofficial Steam Sales Thread

Posts 2,881 to 2,900 of 3,310

edhe

Are you eagerly awaiting the time Nintendo of Europe deigns to release Scribblenauts Unlimited in Europe? Give them the finger and buy it on Steam (Midweek Madness) for 66% off at £7.81.

And to think I was going to throw away £50 of my money for Mario, Yoshi and Link characters...

Telltales' The Walking Dead is also reduced at £8.39 with a 60% reduction.

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6650-8335-1908 | 3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260

SubBronze

Portal 1 and 2 are for sale 75% off for £4.49 combined, or £1.74 and £3.74 separately. Definitely not to be missed if you haven't played them yet!
Just a question, is it worth getting Portal 1 considering 1) I've already played Portal 2 on PS3 and 2) My computer is absolute garbage for games and would probably struggle a bit to play it?

Edited on by SubBronze

SteamID: bulby1994

3DS Friend Code: 5112-3450-2144 | Nintendo Network ID: Bulbousaur

Platypus

Bulby wrote:

Portal 1 and 2 are for sale 75% off for £4.49 combined, or £1.74 and £3.74 separately. Definitely not to be missed if you haven't played them yet!
Just a question, is it worth getting Portal 1 considering 1) I've already played Portal 2 on PS3 and 2) My computer is absolute garbage for games and would probably struggle a bit to play it?

Probably not. I had a computer that was terrible when they gave Portal out for free. My computer crashed every time I turned Portal on. Yours may be different, but for mine it didn't work at all. I also played Portal after Portal 2 and found it to be very boring in comparison to the sequel. The levels aren't as good and are too easy, plus the game doesn't last very long at all.

Wii code: 3761-1403-5495-2750PSN ID: Nintendodude686
Steam Community ID; Platypus

rallydefault

Bulby wrote:

I would need to know your system specs... but Portal 1 is a pretty darn old game by now. With settings turned down, I bet you could play that puppy with a 1.5GHZ processor and not much RAM.

rallydefault

Faruko

if your PC can run Half Life 2 and it can run Portal 1, and even less since nothing happens on Portal 1, so theres no BIG MAPS or a ton of enemies in screen

WiiU: FarukoSH
3DS FC: 4640-0256-4473
Steam: Farukool
PSN: Farukosh

Magikarp3

@Bulby, if you have an N-Vidia graphics card you can download Half Life: Lost Coast for free, and it uses similar graphics and physics engines to Portal. If you can run Lost Coast then Portal will not be an issue. (Or you could download Portal: First Slice, which would be a lot more useful for your needs )

And everyone should go get Breath of Death Vii/Cthulhu Saves the World if you have any interest in fan-RPG's with decent production values! It's only a dollar for both!

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

Ralizah

Bulby wrote:

Portal isn't as good as its sequel was, but it is still a fun little game. How old is your machine?

Magikarp wrote:

@Bulby, if you have an N-Vidia graphics card you can download Half Life: Lost Coast for free, and it uses similar graphics and physics engines to Portal. If you can run Lost Coast then Portal will not be an issue. (Or you could download Portal: First Slice, which would be a lot more useful for your needs )

And everyone should go get Breath of Death Vii/Cthulhu Saves the World if you have any interest in fan-RPG's with decent production values! It's only a dollar for both!

Have you played them? How would you rate them? They sound horribly generic.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Magikarp3

Breath of Death Vii was a little bland to be honest. The random encounter system (they occur until you defeat a certain amount, and then further battles can be triggered from the menu) was ingenious. The combo system was also pretty cool, but it never felt too deep or necessary.

Dialogue was a little funny, but there wasn't much of it. All in all somewhat compelling, but I wouldn't recommend them to people who don't have the patience for JRPG's. I haven't played Cthulhu, but it seems everyone likes that one far more than Breath of Death.

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

Peach64

Star Wars games on sale this weekend.

I was planning to buy Jedi Outcast and Academy at the end of the month for £6.99 each but at £2.37 each I'm having them now'

Peach64

the_shpydar

Peach64 wrote:

Star Wars games on sale this weekend.

I was planning to buy Jedi Outcast and Academy at the end of the month for £6.99 each but at £2.37 each I'm having them now'

May the Fourth be with you!
(also, both are excellent games — enjoy!)

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

Magikarp3

I might get KoTOR - but do I need to play the first one to understand the second?

the_shpydar

Magikarp wrote:

I might get KoTOR - but do I need to play the first one to understand the second?

Not completely ... but it is highly recommended you play the first game first. You'll still understand (most of) what's going on (though some of the optional character dialogue may be a bit confusing), but without playing the first, a lot of the impact is lost.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

SubBronze

Fallout 1, 2 and Tactics are bundled for £5.43/whatever that is in dollars for the daily deal. I'm interested in 1 and 2, but unsure about Tactics. Can anyone recommend them?

Edited on by SubBronze

SteamID: bulby1994

3DS Friend Code: 5112-3450-2144 | Nintendo Network ID: Bulbousaur

Magikarp3

Bulby wrote:

Fallout 1, 2 and Tactics are bundled for £5.43/whatever that is in dollars for the daily deal. I'm interested in 1 and 2, but unsure about Tactics. Can anyone recommend them?

I got the package a while back, except my computer's too new so the colours are a little messed up. The games are archaic to say the least, but you can enjoy them once you get thoroughly into the atmosphere and really personalise your character. It's absolutely nothing like Fallout 3 though.

Edited on by Magikarp3

HawkeyeWii

Star WArs 66% off through the weekend.
I just picked up Star Wars: Dark Forces and Star Wars: Empire at War

Friend Code 3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter:

Jaz007

So I got Mount and Blade:Warband for $4.49 (it's normally $20) a couple weeks ago (the saturday before last saturday to be specific) and it's fantastic. I've put 38 hours into and haven't played another game since then. I love medival times so it fits me great. I feel like I have more time to put into it too. The combat is pretty good, it captures the raw feel of medival battle. It's satisfying to gain more wealth, power, and land as you play.

Jaz007

Faruko

Just cant stop playing Dota 2, somebody else does it here ?

WiiU: FarukoSH
3DS FC: 4640-0256-4473
Steam: Farukool
PSN: Farukosh

Reala

Rome Total war only $1 today on the daily deal, 92/100 metacore.

Reala

Kagamine

I've got a coupon for 66% off Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion. First come first serve, it's free!
Steam ID is Bossmank

Edited on by Kagamine

3DS friend code: 1332-7705-6324Previous Usernames: Bossmank
Some_Chords

"Love your ego, you won't feel a thing, always number one, the pen with a bent wrist crooked king, sign away our peace, for your war, one word and it's over." ~ Deadmau5

Nintendo Network ID: bossmank

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.