Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 9,581 to 9,600 of 16,084

Ralizah

Anyone else played the Fist of the North Star demo? It really is just re-skinned Yakuza. Even down to there being a ton of insane minigames and the progression mechanics.

It's funny hitting enemies with special techniques and watching them literally explode, though. Hokuto no Ken x Yakuza is clearly a match made in heaven.

I'll probably give it a pass for now, though, considering how repetitive these games are. I'm still smack in the middle of Yakuza 0, and am already starting to feel tired.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

TuVictus

Playing through the Destiny 2 expansion and Dead Cells. I really hope I'm making actual progress in Dead Cells and not just playing the first 10% over and over again

TuVictus

CanisWolfred

@Ralizah I actually have the opposite opinion: It's too much like Yakuza, but I never wanted that out of Fist of the North Star. It doesn't even make sense for the property, IMO. It just feels so underwhelming, especially since combat feels slower, and what gameplay footage I could find of some boss battles looks so boring. I honestly think I need to pick up the 2 titles Omega Force put out years ago to get my fix.

@MisterPi welcome to rogue-lite Hell. Those kind of questions are the reason I don't play games with random level design much anymore, with only a handful of exceptions. Most of which are turn-based...kind of like the original Rogue...

@Dezzy - Spider-Man at least has more tricks up his sleeve. However, I'm a bit disappointed by what I've heard about the bosses (there aren't enough of 'em), so I think I really do have to wait for a complete pack with all the DLC, since I'm convinced they shoved a few that they're saving content that should've been in there in the first place for the season pass.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Ralizah

@CanisWolfred I wouldn't call combat slow at all. It's as fast-paced as Yakuza combat ever is, but this time with a focus on special techniques over slamming people around the environment. Aesthetically, it lines up really well with what I've seen of the Hokuto no Ken anime. The ridiculous machismo of both properties align nicely as well.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

CanisWolfred

@Ralizah I guess you're right, but I'm just not feeling it. The pacing just doesn't feel right...all it did was make me miss Ken's Rage. The combat there felt perfect, and I honestly can't imagine a Fist of the North Star game that actually focuses on Plot and characters, instead of just going from one arena to another. If there was ever a property that fit that treatment, I always figured that was Fist of the North Star.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

NEStalgia

@diwdiws DQXI is so so so incredibly beautiful, especially on the Pro.....but it's also so wonderfully anachronistic. These almost next-gen graphics along with 8-bit sound effects and MIDI music I love it...but...it's so weird. Also why is the girl sometimes Australian, sometimes British, sometimes slightly Irish, and sometimes American? Her accent inconsistency keeps annoying me. I know it's the first time they're trying to do the usually typeset DQ accents.....but that's grating.

I caved and preorderd Spidey....and of course I do it 2 days before sale.... I figure Insomniac has never failed me.....

NEStalgia

diwdiws

@NEStalgia and not just any British accent it almost bordeline cockney british. Every time shes about to speak i keep thinking she,s about to say “ello gov’ner”

diwdiws

redd214

@Dezzy very fun game, loved it on the PS3, hope they do a remaster as well!

redd214

erv

That's actually one of those games I missed out on but really wanted to play back in the day. Between my switch and ps4 though, the backlog is really growing now. Those ps plus games really are good too! I need to stop sleeping.

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

Dezzy

@redd214

Seems almost guaranteed. I doubt they'd have bought it just for making a sequel. Wouldn't be worth it given that it's not a huge name.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

redd214

@Dezzy thq Nordic has bought a ton of stuff last couple years so never know. Fingers crossed though, would love to play it again!

redd214

TuVictus

Theyre also the ones that just bought time splitters, right? I'm loving the IP rescuing they're doing. Even if the games they make for the franchises end up not being as good as the originals, I'm still excited to see them get second chances at life.

TuVictus

NEStalgia

@diwdiws I wouldn't mind a cockney accent if it was actually a consistent accent. It fits the theme. It's the inconsistency. I think it must have been based on a Japanese director to whom all English sounds more or less the same the same way we tend to think of all Japanese sounding the same despite some markedly different accents (in the West they always teach Tokyo dialect and teach to drop all the u's and i's as silent.....then you hear someone from Nagasaki and every last u and i is pronounced.... ) But it's a terrible switch to go from Ozzy to cockney, to Minnesotan.

The part I don't get is that the VA (Lizzie Stables) is actually British.....so how is she having such difficulty maintaining a British accent, unless the directors told her to make up a fake accent to match those text based exaggerated accents in classic DQ? That never ends well.

NEStalgia

Ryu_Niiyama

...did anyone get spiderman early? Any thoughts on how it runs on the base 4? It’s going to be a few months before I get a pro now.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Dezzy

@MisterPi

Yep. I bet we'll get a Timesplitters trilogy remaster too. Hope so anyway.

Although that probably has more value as a franchise already so they might just make Timesplitters 4.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Octane

@Ryu_Niiyama Apparently I did... lol

Didn't check my mail until now, and I saw they dispatched it two days ago. Turns out it has been sitting in my mailbox since yesterday. Won't be able to play it this weekend unfortunately, as I'm quite busy, but I'll let you know my first impressions on Monday.

Octane

redd214

Spiderman is so so so good. Only paddy's a few hours but wow they did s fantastic job. Can't wait to dive back in over the weekend!

redd214

SuperLuigi111

I've been playing Spiderman too. I find it good, but not great. Maybe it will get better as it goes on. I do like that you can pick different suits since I'm not too keen on the white spider one.

SuperLuigi111

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic