Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 9,361 to 9,380 of 16,083

Ralizah

@NEStalgia Thankfully Sony only copied the good (neat translucent covering) and not the bad (bulky frame, misplaced analog sticks, terrible D-Pad)

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Zuljaras

Guys is the PS4 Pro a unnecessary loud console? I ask because I want to know what to expect after I buy it.
Under heavy load is it turning into a jet ready to take off?

half the people say it is loud and the other half state that the console is silent even after 3-4 hours of heavy gaming.

Edited on by Zuljaras

redd214

@Zuljaras I've had every iteration of the ps4 since launch. Even the minor upgrades. The only one that has the "jet engine" sound was my launch day ps4. Every other one from the slight tweak in 2014 to the Slim models and the Pro I have now have been fine even under heavy load.

redd214

Octane

And as with any device, it depends on how much dust is inside the system, clogging up over the years. What the temperature of the room is, etc. My vanilla PS4 can make quite a bit of noise when playing something like God of War, but it's been a while since I cleaned it. It used to be a lot quieter. So make sure you keep your consoles dust-free kids!

Octane

NEStalgia

For all you guys that have played Thief 4, I'm looking to find out if it goes down the horror route again. I loved Thief 1 and it's only horror was zombies in the cathedral. I love Thief 2, no horror whatsoever. The first half of Thief 3 was amazing....and then it went down that absurd Cradle horror route and turned it into a hardcore survival horror suspense thriller that felt so out of place, and somehow the internet seemed to love it. I would not touch such a game ever again.

I've both heard that Thief 4 avoids the supernatural as much as 3, but also heard it has an "asylum"...not sure if it goes full horror or not? Or how bad the asylum is?

@Zuljaras They're not silent but they're not PS3 Phat loud, either. Launch day OG models were indeed loud. Pro can get loud at times, but not OG PS3 loud. (Nothing is OG PS3 loud....) It's not as silent as X1X, by half though, and throws seemingly more heat.

NEStalgia

Octane

@Dezzy Talk about a last minute delay... It should've gone gold at this point. What's up with that game?

Octane

TuVictus

Installation is not and never has been equal to needing to download something.

TuVictus

Dezzy

@Tsurii

Some people have really slow internet connections. It's just nicer if the whole game's on the disk.
You don't have to worry about anything or think about stuff before uninstalling and reinstalling when that's the case.

I also think the more we pressure them into proper retail copies, the longer before they'll kill the used game market. Which is obviously one of the motives behind the switch to digital.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Octane

@Dezzy More importantly, you don't have to worry about losing two-thirds of the game whenever Activision randomly decides to not support the game anymore.

Anyway, someone on PushSquare made a great point about this. Maybe this isn't about needing the extra time to get the games all on disc. Maybe this just means that 2 and 3 were indeed not finished, and they just need more time to get the ''day one patch'' in working order. And the discs are already pressed and stored in a warehouse somewhere. You don't just delay a game a month before release, that's what I find odd about it. Printing the games and shipping them ahead of release takes time...

Octane

Dezzy

@Octane

Yeah I thought about that. But maybe 5 weeks is the longest they can leave it if they want physical discs printed.
If it was just about the digital, they could surely have waited a few more weeks before delaying?

Dezzy

Youtuber YongYea claims to have heard from a source who confirms my previous comment and says all 3 games should be on the disc in November.

Edited on by Dezzy

CanisWolfred

@Dezzy I'll believe it when I see it, because Activision....but, if that is the case, then...holy crap, Activision. Congrats on taking at least one step towards not being a total dog**** company!

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Octane

@Dezzy He says ''hopefully''. Sounds like it has more to do with the fact that 2 and 3 weren't finished than the fact that more than half the game was missing.

Octane

Dezzy

@Octane

Aren't those the same thing?

Obviously they were quite near being finished or they would've delayed it earlier on.
Whether they happened to have it so you download the entire 2nd and 3rd games OR just a patch that adds necessary polish to them is mostly an arbitrary tactical choice.
They'd probably have it so you download the entire games. That way they can sell them digitally as individual games (as they have done with most other remake collections)

KidRyan

I recently pre-ordered the $400 PS4 Pro 1TB Limited Edition Amazing Red Marvel's Spider-Man Bundle from BestBuy.com.

Almost went with GameStop.com instead, but their stock was depleted crazy fast. This will be my first pre-order in ages...last time I did that was with Kingdom Hearts II on PS2 back in 2005.

I couldn't resist getting the $60 Game and the Season Pass for free .

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection

Discord ID: KidRyan89 | Telegram ID: KidRyan

Switch Friend Code: SW-1940-0332-6335 | 3DS Friend Code: 4141-7621-4210 | Twitter:

redd214

@ToddlerNaruto Congrats! I'm holding out hope that I can get one of the 500M Limited Edition ones next week. The spiderman one is really slick though, sure you'll enjoy it!

redd214

SuperLuigi111

I'm so excited for Spider-Man!

Also got Kingdom Hearts 1.5+2.5 Remix coming in the mail this week. I need to catch up big time to prepare for KH3, I can't believe it'll have been 14 years we've waited...

Also, I'm honest to god thrilled to finally be able to play the Final Mix versions of these games. Back in 2007/2008 I was pissed that we never got them.

Edited on by SuperLuigi111

SuperLuigi111

KidRyan

SuperLuigi111 wrote:

I'm so excited for Spider-Man!

Also got Kingdom Hearts 1.5+2.5 Remix coming in the mail this week. I need to catch up big time to prepare for KH3, I can't believe it'll have been 14 years we've waited...

Also, I'm honest to god thrilled to finally be able to play the Final Mix versions of these games. Back in 2007/2008 I was pissed that we never got them.

Hope you have fun, especially against the Final Mix exclusive bosses and everything Birth by Sleep.

Also, you'll want to buy Kingdom Hearts 2.8 if you don't already have it. Dream Drop HD continues the main story after KH2, and KH 0.2 BBS bridges the gap between BBS and KH 1-3.

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection

Discord ID: KidRyan89 | Telegram ID: KidRyan

Switch Friend Code: SW-1940-0332-6335 | 3DS Friend Code: 4141-7621-4210 | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic