Forums

Topic: The PlayStation 4 Fan Thread

Posts 9,341 to 9,360 of 9,565

NEStalgia

@Dezzy Technically I don't think they did too much to her, she looks fine in the first game. What I mostly see, more than a model improvement to make a better designed character I see a model alteration showing a more hardened character. She's more gaunt, toned in the second, more than "different". I don't think it's really a changing of the character design so much as showing the characters actual physical changes going from "random slightly pampered civilian person trapped on an island due to unforeseen circumstances" into the hardened seen-it-all, dodged-it-all professional tomb raider seemingly always up against mercs she famously became. It was an origin story after all.

I'm sure there will be a DLC that explains the pressing need for the flotation devices to be installed though between 3 and the og game.

NEStalgia

CanisWolfred

Finally almost done with Warframe. The Sacrifice comes out tomorrow, so I'm gonna mess around with Excalibur to prepare. Great starter warframe, and could be better if I try some different builds, but all-in-all, one that really couldn't keep up with the steep arms race in the late game. Hopefully Excalibur Umbra, and a seperately-moddable Exalted Blade finally brings the poster boy back into the limelight.

Other than that, I just finished grinding for Baro Ki'Teer, I just started building the last currently-available Prime weapon I wanted (except I do want the Destreza Prime just to look cool, but...I'm not spending a lot of platinum just to get a belt decoration in place of a useful melee weapon), I've built all the Warframes that have been released, and only have to worry about getting 2 more to max rank. I even got a couple vaulted warframes, and at least 3 out of the 4 remaining ones should be coming out of the vault this summer (though I'm hoping all 4 will be unvaulted next, the prices for Nova Prime are absurd).

All I'll have left will be to finish adding to the Lanka, which is only good for hunting the massive Eidolons on the Plains. I've been treating those as the unofficial Final Bosses, so I'll try to beat those after TennoCon. Then I can take a long break from thise game.

...though, hopefully I also can do a few invasions and get the last 4 augments I need from The Red Veil. Which I should. Only problem should be that I finally switched to a new clan, and I'll get kicked out if I'm inactive for too long. Guess I better buy all the clan-exclusive blueprints before I leave...

EDIT:

Oh my God, I think I saw this clan featured in one of the Warframe community streams! That's neat. They had a very elaborate dojo...it's been hard to find where to go, but I'm remembering the tour they had on the Stream, I think I got it...

1 Million Credits Later

...I still got grinding to do...

EDIT: Nvm, I just junked a bunch of stuff that was cluttering my inventory...I still don't know when I got 93 Harrow Chassis...that guy gets around...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6849-7569 | Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

Dezzy

Oooooo Bloodborne 2 randomly popped up on Amazon Italy:

Interesting. Those are the kinds of leaks that are usually genuine.

Converted from Sony to Nintendo during 7th gen and never looked back.

Octane

@Dezzy Eh.. Amazon Italy have a pretty bad track record when it comes to stuff like this, from the RDR2 March release to the COD:MW2 remaster this year.

Miyazaki is currently working on Déraciné and Sekiro (2019). If Bloodborne is a thing, it won't happen before 2020 anyway. And in that case, the listing on Amazon would be completely unrelated.

Octane

MisterPi

I hope bloodborne 2 is real just because I have a buddy that snobbishly informed me "I have a source in From and they are definitely 100% never doing a sequel". Would love for him to be proven wrong

MisterPi

Dezzy

@MisterPi

Well given that that would be Sony's decision, as they might not even use FromSoftware to make it, I'd say his source is meaningless.

@Octane

If they are working on it, I think it'll be another studio.

Octane

@Dezzy If it isn't From Software, it's not Bloodborne

Octane

Dezzy

@Octane

That's what I would've said about Zelda and Nintendo. Yet the Capcom games all ended up quite good.

Besides, it's not even FromSoft that matter. Dark Souls 2 is a pile of excrement. It's just Miyazaki really.

NEStalgia

I can't help but think since they were giving the game away free as a Plus monthly that they're kind of done with it. I'm wondering when Soulsborne fatigue sets in. We now have Souls 0-4, Bloodborne 1 (maybe 2?), Nioh 1-2, A million lesser clones, and From's new "SamuraiSouls"....that's a lot of soulsborne in the market at once.

A few questions for you guys that have played the following games:
Nier: Automata: I've heard the thing that it's kind of short but repeats and that it changes on repetition. How short is it and how repetitive is the repeating?

Dishonored 1 & 2: I still can't tell is this a horror type game or a non horror type game? I keep getting mixed vibes, is it Thief (with the horror), Thief (without the horror), Assassin's Creed? I'm both curious and a bit hesitant with the game....I've been waiting for a sale for ages, and now it's finally $32 for the trilogy on that huge sale. Still debating between get it on sale, wait for it on 1X for the better controller, or just give it a pass overall.

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

darkfenrir

@NEStalgia The only repetitive part is Route A and B, and these two should be around first 20~ hours or so? Can be longer if you do side quests. (Although even when I said it's repetitive, it also gives you new information since you see things in new perspectives, and there's also some new scenes)

Route C is all new story pretty much.

darkfenrir

Switch Friend Code: SW-0242-3593-1338

NEStalgia

@darkfenrir Are we talking "Bravely Default" type repetitiveness, or not as bad? If you remove the repeating parts how long would you say the overall game is?

FWIW, so far I've only played the intro part that you're not allowed to save which was infuriating to die at the final boss there and have to redo EVERYTHING all over again. Last time through I just threw it in easy mode (LOL it auto-attacks) just to finally get to the save point...I was done wasting almost an hour over and over.

NEStalgia

Dezzy

NEStalgia wrote:

A few questions for you guys that have played the following games:
Nier: Automata: I've heard the thing that it's kind of short but repeats and that it changes on repetition. How short is it and how repetitive is the repeating?

https://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=38029

Knuckles-Fajita

I remember stating that the recommendation for Nier: Auto Tomato was a bit of a heavy backhanded compliment.

Namely "It gets good after your second playthrough".

If I have to BEAT THE GAME TWICE for it to pick up, thats not a compliment.

and the Mario Tennis Aces - NL Inklings: Grand Slam Tournament (August 18th)!

https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

darkfenrir

@NEStalgia never played Bravely Default, but with the "samey" part on Route B (and even then, has some differences in some events), I would say it probs is better? Don't take my words for it though. If I remove repeating part... Probably shave off around 3-5 hours of Route A?

And oh that first hour... Well can't comment since my first playthrough was full easy mode with Auto Dodge and Auto Shoot.

darkfenrir

darkfenrir

@Knuckles-Fajita The thing is it's not exactly beating the game as it's a 2nd arc of the game.

It's like reading a book, finished 1st arc and said that the book sucks and why doesn't it end at 1st arc?

darkfenrir

Knuckles-Fajita

@darkfenrir "Second/Third playthrough" impliess finishing.

If its not beating the game then why is it referred to as a second playthrough?

diwdiws

@Knuckles-Fajita its just semantics, think of the “playthrough” as chapters since every “restart” is different. If you get hung up on semantics then thats you

diwdiws

Octane

@Dezzy DS2 can't be that bad, right?

@NEStalgia Nier Automata is interesting. I never made it to the second ''chapter'' (or playthrough whatever you want to call it). I did almost all side quests I could find, and that got boring pretty fast. So I'm going to give it another shot this summer. Only doing main quests. It seems like that's the way to go, because the action parts were very good. I didn't really care for the story, but maybe that's because I've spend way too much time running around the map doing errands.

Octane

darkfenrir

@Knuckles-Fajita Probably because it's called Ending A, then B. Even though when you do the Route after... it's straight up continuation

darkfenrir

Knuckles-Fajita

@diwdiws If I get hung up on a suddenly different interpretation of a word that has been used for decades that refers to finishing a game, that now suddenly means "Only finishing part of a game", and you find that annoying, thats YOUR problem.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic