Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 9,341 to 9,360 of 16,084

redd214

@Dezzy certaintly was an amazing trailer! Havent played any of the previous games but I'm very intrigued by this one. Probably wont get it around launch as I'm pretty set in terms of what I'm going to play this Fall/winter but I hope it lives up to the hype for everyone!

redd214

TuVictus

Looks like scenes outta Westworld, very beautiful

TuVictus

Dezzy

@redd214

Most people haven't played the first PS2 game. I don't think it has any connection to the other 2 at all.

I also don't think you need to play Redemption 1 before you play this. This is a prequel and is set mostly in a completely different place.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

redd214

@Dezzy wasn't planning on it playing them anyways, was just stating i was unfamiliar with them. Wasnt implying that I felt the need to go back. Thanks for the info though

redd214

Dezzy

I hope you can still do all of the cool physics stuff you can in the first game.

It was great just playing around in the game and learning that you can do crazy stuff like lasso a noble woman walking down the street and just drag her across the desert with your horse.
Not that you should. But you can.

Octane

I usually don't really care for special editions, but the 500m limited edition looks pretty sweet.

Untitled
Untitled

Octane

TuVictus

Looks cool, but nothing will best the God of war ps4 pro. I regret passing on it

TuVictus

Dezzy

I assume that's translucent material rather than random blue bits drawn on it?

Octane

@Dezzy Yeah, the entire thing is translucent, and a blue light lights up the console when it's on. The controller is translucent too, reminds me of the old GameBoys.

Octane

TuVictus

I really hate the Pro Controller design. The non-translucent handles don't make sense to me and just give the whole thing a "prototype" kinda look. Which I thought it was the first time they showed it off. It also feels like it's made of cheaper materials over even the Wii U pro controller.

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

redd214

@MisterPi I thought the same, ended up taking mine apart and getting it painted all black like a week after launch!

redd214

CanisWolfred

I loved everything I saw of Rage 2 and Doom Eternal during QuakeCon. Only reason I knew about it was from the sale they have going on this week, though.

Speaking of, I decided to try Elder Scrolls Online, since I really got the urge to try after watching some cinematics of the new Summerset expansion. Seriously, I was saying to myself "Gee, I'd love to at least give this a try if they ever do free weekend or something..." the day before they put it up for free for the week.

And it's okay I guess. The combat was...off-putting at first, but combat was never Elder Scroll's strongest suit, and its biggest problems were just how much it limits at the start, and it turns out to be surprisingly deep once I got into it. With that said, enemies respawn at rediculous rates, the controls aren't great, the tutorial is useless, and by and large...it's a pretty MMO that feels like Elder Scrolls, minus the atmosphere and quirky sense of charm, mostly facilitated by its world-building and Bethesda's commitment to making the world feel as alive as they possibly could (usually to mixed results, but the effort was clearly there).

The writing in the first few quests really put me off, and the multiplayer aspect really was a turn off that I couldn't exactly ignore, no matter how much I tried. I guess I had the mistaken impression that it worked via a hub system, and otherwise, you'd never interact with other players once you actually accept quests and try to do missions and whatnot. I guess that makes less sense know, considering it's Elder Scrolls, and what would that be without the big, interconnected maps?

I dunno, I get why people like it, I guess, but it's just not for me. I never asked for MMO Elder Scrolls, and after playing it for a while...yeah, you take out the immersion, and it's just not fun for me. It just felt like a pretty, but largely flat and forgettable experience that most MMOs wind up being for me.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Octane

@Tsurii Eh... nothing is set in stone right now. And it's not like they have an issue with the closed system on PS4 with ES Online or Fallout 76. They're after the money, so it'll come to PS4 one way or another me thinks...

Octane

CanisWolfred

Tsurii wrote:

It's not much tbh but it looks like Sony's starting to reap what they've sown. Bethesda seem to refuse to release Legends on PS4 since they won't allow people to just pick up the game on the system and keep playing on their [insert platform with Legends here] account anyway 😂

Hope it's not gonna stay the only title to pull that.

They'll be singing a different tune when Elder Scrolls Legends underperforms and needs a new audience to try to make it profitable...seriously, was anybody actually excited for yet another fantasy card game, now without the charm and effort everbody else is putting in?

Just looked it up and found out that Elder Scrolls Legends has been doing well on multiple platforms already. I officially don't understand the video gaming public anymore, and will be returning to my bubble, where generic licensed card games aren't even a blip on the radar.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Octane

@Tsurii So they're like Microsoft last gen, right?

To be fair, I don't really care either way. To me it's same as exclusive games. Just another selling point for their console. Don't like it? Don't buy their console. If Microsoft is the successful company next gen, and if they decide to keep cross-play to themselves, so be it. I won't lose sleep over it either way.

Octane

CanisWolfred

@Tsurii No game on PS4 is crossplay. And Elder Scrolls Online is free until Aug. 15th if you need to double check, but the console versions (yes, including the Xbox One version) are their own things. There's no crossplay whatsoever, outside of PC and Mac being able to interact with eachother...since, you know, it's the 21st Century....

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Dezzy

Most Bethesda games to me look quite good but not brilliant.

I'll buy most of them when they're on sale at like half the regular price. But none of them really excite me. Except the Elder Scrolls 6.

NEStalgia

@CanisWolfred Yeah, I actually bought it. I want to love it. Yet I get in the city and there's all these roaming players and it just doesn't click. I feel like I should be doing something but don't feel motivated to. MMOs never been my thing and I like TESO more than any other...so it does it right enough. I want to get into it but don't want that big a time suck.

NEStalgia

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic