Other Gaming Forum

Topic: The Playstation 4 fan thread.

Showing 921 to 940 of 1,471

AuthorMessage

Jazzer94

921. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

@Sony_70
9 million definitely is a high goal. They would have to sell around 1.25 million per month on average starting in December in order to meet that goal.

If Sony wants to reach 5 million consoles by April 2015, they would have to sell 277,777 per month.

EDIT: If Nintendo's goal was 9 million by April 2015, they'd have to sell the same amount as Sony does, and that's probably why the goal is higher(set to April 2014), so that they can "smother" the ammount of PS4 sales by having a larger install base, which in turn, would guarantee that more games come to Wii U based on the install base, alone.

Sony want to sell 5 million PS4's by April 2014 not 2015.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee Everyone's favorite videogame character
I keep getting this feeling that I should write something down here........................

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

AuthorMessage

rallydefault

922. Posted:

This is all for naught if Sony ends up recalling consoles. Just sit back and wait to see what happens. It's fun to predict, but now things are just starting to get a little vindictive. Summon up some patience and wait for the dust to settle instead of frothing at the mouths.

rallydefault

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

923. Posted:

@Jazzer94
I guess Nintendo and Sony are in the exact same boat, then. I thought Sony was trying to sell 5 million by April 2015, because that would actually be reasonable.

Sony and Nintendo's goal regarding units sold by March 2014 are almost the same, then. I don't get how you guys are saying Nintendo's 9 million goal is out of the question if Sony's goal is almost the same from this point forward.

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

AlexSays

924. Posted:

Because the Wii U is selling horribly and most people assume the PS4 will sell better

That would be why

AlexSays

AuthorMessage

Jazzer94

925. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

@Jazzer94
I guess Nintendo and Sony are in the exact same boat, then. I thought Sony was trying to sell 5 million by April 2015, because that would actually be reasonable.

Sony and Nintendo's goal regarding units sold by March 2014 are almost the same, then. I don't get how you guys are saying Nintendo's 9 million goal is out of the question if Sony's goal is almost the same from this point forward.

Because Nintendo have only been able to shift around 4 million sales in a year and initial sales soon decreased rapidly (this is beginning to change but again very slowly) compared to Sony who have shifted 1 million in the first day on sale will this rate of sales continue who knows but its more likely PS4 will shift another 3-4 million units when its released in Europe and Japan then the Wii U which has been available to consumers for a long period of time and is still not selling huge numbers or attracting much attention plus Sony have really pushed their advertising campaign to gain public awareness.

The Jazzloggery
I keep getting this feeling that I should write something down here........................

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

926. Posted:

@Jazzer94
My point was that Nintendo's goal is just as reasonable as Sony's. Sony needs to sell 4 million and Nintendo needs to sell 5 million within the same period of time.

We'll just have to see what happens...

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

927. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

@Jazzer94
My point was that Nintendo's goal is just as reasonable as Sony's. Sony needs to sell 4 million and Nintendo needs to sell 5 million within the same period of time.

Um...Nintendo needs to sell 5 million when it's been selling 10s of thousands before. The PS4 just sold 1 million in a day. In one region. I think it's safe to say that Sony's goal is far more reasonable, provided they can keep up with demand.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

928. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

@Jazzer94

Um...Nintendo needs to sell 5 million when it's been selling 10s of thousands before. The PS4 just sold 1 million in a day. In one region. I think it's safe to say that Sony's goal is far more reasonable, provided they can keep up with demand.

The Wii U launched in the U.S. before other regions as well. 400,000 Wii U's sold on launch isn't taking Japan or Europe's sales numbers into account for the launch period.

My guess is that PS4 will sell half as much as it has in the U.S., in Japan, and 1/3-1-2 of that in Europe. That would get them to almost 2 million systems by the end of March.

Doesn't PS4 launch in February in Japan? That's 1 month to reach 5 million sales including Japan numbers.

EDIT: In other words, Japan only has 1 month to contribute towards the goal of 5 million.

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

Blast

929. Posted:

I got nothing against the PS4. I think its awesome. I will say this though... If this console doesn't flop in Japan on launch day then I would be incredibly shocked. There are literally no must buy JRPGs for the PS4 for Japan. The PS4 is obviously more geared towards the WESTERN market right now. The JRPGs won't come until later.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I do plan on getting a PS4 someday :D

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

930. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

@Jazzer94

The Wii U launched in the U.S. before other regions as well. 400,000 Wii U's sold on launch isn't taking Japan or Europe's sales numbers into account for the launch period.

My guess is that PS4 will sell half as much as it has in the U.S., in Japan, and a forth of that in Europe. That would get them to almost 2 million systems by the end of March.

We were talking about total sales within a 5-month period, not launch week sales. If you want to constantly change the subject like you always do, please talk to somebody else. (But on that subject, That 400,000 was the launch week. The PS4 did 2.5 times that in a day)

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

931. Posted:

@CanisWolfred
I didn't change the subject at all. It's a fact that Japan only has 1 month to contribute to Sony's goal of 5 million systems by the end of March.

We were talking about the 5 million sale goal. The Wii U will have the entire Japanese market for 3 months straight between the U.S. PS4 launch and the Japan PS4 launch.

I acknowledge 1,000,000 sales is great, but the system probably won't be available when it comes to demand in the U.S., and won't be available in Japan at all.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

Jazzer94

932. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

@CanisWolfred
I didn't change the subject at all. It's a fact that Japan only has 1 month to contribute to Sony's goal of 5 million systems by the end of March.

We were talking about the 5 million sale goal. The Wii U will have the entire Japanese market for 3 months straight between the U.S. PS4 launch and the Japan PS4 launch.

I acknowledge 1,000,000 sales is great, but the system probably won't be available when it comes to demand in the U.S., and won't be available in Japan at all.

I think you are greatly underestimating the sales potential of the PS4 in Japan and Europe you do realize that the PS3 was sold more in both regions and was the more popular system, I think it can easily sell a million plus units in both regions.

The Jazzloggery

AuthorMessage

Blast

933. Posted:

@Jazzer94 coughs loudly Start naming some JRPGs available for the PS4 at launch for Japan. C'mon, I dare you. You know what the Japanese crowd has to look forward to when it comes to PS4 right now? Knack, Killzone: Shadowfall, AC4, Battlefield 4, COD: Ghosts, etc. Games like Persona 5, Kingdom Hearts 3 and Final Fantasy XV won't come until much later. I'm not saying that the Japanese crowd doesn't care about games that aren't JRPGs because a good number of them bought GTA V. But that was just one game.
And let's be real here.
The PS4 IS NOT GEARED TOWARDS THE JAPANESE CROWD RIGHT NOW.
MOST Japanese developers will keep making games for the PS3 and 3DS and OCCASIONALY... The Vita.
Most Japanese developers will jump to PS4 when they see the massive install base from PS3/3DS move on to PS4.
Thats why Sony is making the PS4 come out later in Japan than America and other regions.
They know the Japanese crowd doesn't care at all about those games I mentioned.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I do plan on getting a PS4 someday :D

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

AuthorMessage

turtlelink

934. Posted:

Blastoise-san wrote:

@Jazzer94 coughs loudly Start naming some JRPGs available for the PS4 at launch for Japan. C'mon, I dare you. You know what the Japanese crowd has to look forward to when it comes to PS4 right now? Knack, Killzone: Shadowfall, AC4, Battlefield 4, COD: Ghosts, etc. Games like Persona 5, Kingdom Hearts 3 and Final Fantasy XV won't come until much later. I'm not saying that the Japanese crowd doesn't care about games that aren't JRPGs because a good number of them bought GTA V. But that was just one game.
And let's be real here.
The PS4 IS NOT GEARED TOWARDS THE JAPANESE CROWD RIGHT NOW.
MOST Japanese developers will keep making games for the PS3 and 3DS and OCCASIONALY... The Vita.
Most Japanese developers will jump to PS4 when they see the massive install base from PS3/3DS move on to PS4.
Thats why Sony is making the PS4 come out later in Japan than America and other regions.
They know the Japanese crowd doesn't care at all about those games I mentioned.

1. There's a new Yakuza game at launch. Other 'Japanese' games coming out would are a Mobile Suit Gundam game, Guilty Gear Xrd later in the year, and MGS Ground Zeroes, if that even counts.
2. I don't recall there being many JRPGS available at the Wii U launch, but I'm pretty sure it did fine there.

Edited on by turtlelink

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

935. Posted:

There's never a JRPG at launch, Blastoise-San. What the hell are you talking about?

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

936. Posted:

@Blastoise-San.

Final fantasy a relam reborn beta
Deep down Beta
Natural Doctrine

Four JRPGs at PS4 launch.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

EdJericho

937. Posted:

@Blastoise-san

There's actually a surprisingly amount of Japanese gamers who love COD. Also let's not forget the recent PS4 conference from Japan which revealed many games for the JP audience most importantly the new Idolmaster and Dream C Club for PS4, those two alone are guaranteed to get otakus to buy the system.

PS3 / 360 / Wii U - EdJericho

3DS Friend Code: 4468-1047-3876 | Nintendo Network ID: EdJericho

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

938. Posted:

@Sony_70
Deep Down looks like Dead Space with spears, swords, and magic etc. to me.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

939. Posted:

@SCAR392

I dunno man Capcom is calling it a RPG and I'm getting a real Dark Souls/Monster Hunter/Dragons Dogma feel from the non future gameplay.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

940. Posted:

@Sony_70
I get what you mean, but that's why I'm saying that it's Dead Space with swords, magic, etc. in a fantastical fairy tale/medieval world. Even Dead Space could be considered fantastical in a way, since it's in space. The only reason why they're calling it an RPG is because there's more stats and such.

Dead Space definitely isn't as custom, but that's the vibe I got besides Monster Hunter. The gameplay looks almost identical as Dead Space, IMO. That's not an insult. Just an observation.

$¢@®³’²