Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 921 to 940 of 16,083

AlexSays

Eh, there's an audience for every game but there's likely a very, very small one that actually enjoys Knack. lol

On another note, THE PS4 IS OUT FOR DELIVERY

Going to pounce on that UPS guy like a leopard on a bunny

AlexSays

RancidVomit86

So anyone been playing Killzone? How is it? Cause I kinda really want to try it.

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

Where my friends and I usually get stupid:
https://www.twitch.tv/MUDWALLHOLLER - Come by hang and visit our Discord. The link for Discord is on the Twitch page.

Let's Go Buffalo!

hylianhalcyon

dumedum wrote:

It's funny how sales suddenly matter . After the PS3 came dead last and was dead for so long, so much below the Wii, and sales "didn't matter". lol.

It's funny how with the Wii sales suddenly mattered. After the gamecube came dead last and was dead for so long, so far below the ps2. lol.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and cultural heritage for profit, or as an exercise of power, are barbarians." - George Lucas, 1988

RancidVomit86

hylianhalcyon wrote:

dumedum wrote:

It's funny how sales suddenly matter . After the PS3 came dead last and was dead for so long, so much below the Wii, and sales "didn't matter". lol.

It's funny how with the Wii sales suddenly mattered. After the gamecube came dead last and was dead for so long, so far below the ps2. lol.

Untitled

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

Where my friends and I usually get stupid:
https://www.twitch.tv/MUDWALLHOLLER - Come by hang and visit our Discord. The link for Discord is on the Twitch page.

Let's Go Buffalo!

AlexSays

Greatness has arrived with absolutely zero problems thus far : D

First impressions: Everything is terrific. System took very little time to set up and update. It's quiet, the UI and PSN store are super quick, the controller is much more comfortable than the DS3. The UI and PSN store are both sleek and easy to navigate. Downloads are SO much faster its ridiculous.

Battlefield 4 looked great. Madden looked and ran a lot better than the PS3 version. NBA 2k14 looks amazing. Didn't spend much time with COD Ghosts or Killzone yet, but I'm sure I will later tonight.

Pretty happy with the console. I'm sure plenty of people are having issues, but I haven't encountered a single one thus far. : )

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays

irken004

Got mine today since I'm back from vacation. Got the system updated, tried out remote play and started playing KZ SF while downloading some PS+ games and freebies. The interface can be a tad laggy occasionally but it works like a champ.

NightmareXIV

I may get a PS4, but I need to know some good games that aren't first person shooters if I can't find a good enough reason to get a PS4 I won't I'm not saying I hate it I'm saying it's a big decision to make, and my wallet would agree.

Earlier release petiton

https://www.change.org/petitions/nintendo-release-popular-games-in-america-sooner#share

3DS Friend Code: 1134-7192-3429 | Nintendo Network ID: NightmareXIV

MAB

I thought this thread would be a hive of activity... I guess the PS4 fell flat after all

MAB

Phatosaurus

CountWavula wrote:

MadAussieBloke wrote:

I thought this thread would be a hive of activity... I guess the PS4 fell flat after all

lol. I love how everybody is talking about how great the visuals are because that's really the only thing that has improved You're just playing PS2 games all over again wrapped up in an even prettier package with more polygonal gangsters, zombies & soldiers on-screen at once. Same old ride that i got off 1 year after owning the XboneWarMachine 360 and Sony PicklePooper Station 3.

But like i said, all it takes is a brand new resident evil(then again, 6 was an abomination) to lour me into the Sonyverse.

I ****ING WISH the games were PS2 levels of quality on the PS4 already. I'd import one early to play the equivalent of Silent Hill 2, WWE HCTP, Metal Gear Solid 2/3 and Devil May Cry.

3DS: 3840-6043-8686
WiiU: Phatosaurus

MAB

CountWavula wrote:

MadAussieBloke wrote:

lol. I love how everybody is talking about how great the visuals are because that's really the only thing that has improved You're just playing PS2 games all over again wrapped up in an even prettier package with more polygonal gangsters, zombies & soldiers on-screen at once. Same old ride that i got off 1 year after owning the Xbone 360 and Pooper Station 3.

But like i said, all it takes is a brand new resident evil(then again, 6 was an abomination) to lour me into the Sonyverse.

I think there's no hope for our old friend RE anymore... It went down with the Queen Zenobia, got thrown to the COD zombies with Chris & Parker and not even that last bit on the Queen Dido could resurrect that donkey. Conan O'brien in a mutant apocalypse... LOL, please

@Phatosaurus Silent Hill also became a casualty of the PS3 HDing process mixed with the shooter mentality of that gen... I don't believe how much they pooped on the SH HD collection... Atmosphere was null & void, voice acting was dire and the controls were somehow made worse than the PS2.

It was a good thing that the Wii got the definitive version of Shattered Memories so all was not lost

Edited on by LzWinky

MAB

Bessestad

How does your PS4 libroary look so far? I have Killzone: Shadow Fall, Assassins Creed IV: Black Flag and Lego Marvel Super Heroes. All great games. Not that many of the other retail-games out currently that i will look into.. will get Knack (and problably some of the yearly sports- and FPS games) when the price has fallen some.. Otherwise the next line of games for me is Thief, inFamous: Second Son and the next-gen version of Tomb Raider in early 2014.

Edited on by Bessestad

Bessestad

Tasuki

Well my library is looking small right now as the only games I have on disc are AC IV and Injustice, but that's due to me not having money right now. I do have the free games from PSN like Resogun and Contrast. I am hoping on Friday to pick up Lego Marvel when I got to pick up A Link Between Worlds (man Target why couldn't you do your buy 2 get one Free this week as well?).

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AlexSays

Bessestad wrote:

How does your PS4 libroary look so far?

Assassin's Creed IV
Battlefield 4
Call of Duty: Ghosts
Killzone: ShadowFall
Madden 25
NBA 2k14

I did not hold back. lol

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays

irken004

Bessestad wrote:

How does your PS4 libroary look so far?

KZ Shadow Fall
Lego marvel
PS+ freebies of resogun and contrast
and F2P blacklight retribution and warframe.

Used my $10 credit to discount lego marvel and its dlc

Phatosaurus

MadAussieBloke wrote:

@Phatosaurus Silent Hill also became a casualty of the PS3 HDing process mixed with the shooter mentality of that gen... I don't believe how much they pooped on the SH HD collection... Atmosphere was null & void, voice acting was dire and the controls were somehow made worse than the PS2.

It was a good thing that the Wii got the definitive version of Shattered Memories so all was not lost

I wouldn't put it down to the "HDing" process. Most of the time it was just a case of half the talented developers leaving the publishing/developing companies. Like with Capcom, for instance.
I'd say for every major gaming franchise to go down the swanny this last gen, there's been a fresher and more original franchise/game made to balance it out.

3DS: 3840-6043-8686
WiiU: Phatosaurus

rallydefault

How is the camera? Does anybody own it?

rallydefault

irken004

rallydefault wrote:

How is the camera? Does anybody own it?

Not yet. IGN posted a good comparison video though of PS4's and the One's cameras.

Bessestad

Anyone know if any of the launchgames support Playstation App as a second screen?

Bessestad

banacheck

Bessestad wrote:

Anyone know if any of the launchgames support Playstation App as a second screen?

The PlayStation App is smart i downloaded it today and downloaded Resogun onto my PSN account ready for friday, it works very well too. AC4, BF4, COD Ghosts all have Companion Apps, i think its only the Playroom that uses the PlayStation App itself at the moment.

banacheck

banacheck

YEAH My PS4 was despatched yesterday exciting times, it's officially out tomorrow the PlayStation4 is finally here. I'm just waiting for that knock at the door, today or more likely tomorrow.

Edited on by banacheck

banacheck

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic