Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 941 to 960 of 16,083

banacheck
Check this out at the Castel Sant'Angelo in Rome, the PlayStation4 launches in style with a light show.

banacheck

Phatosaurus

I got my PS4 on launch day (UK). Nine hours I stood in Tesco's waiting until midnight all because I canceled my Amazon pre-order two weeks previously.

Killzone Shadow Fall tiptoes between great and awful in unequal measure (30/70). I finished it off earlier. The story was felt like it was just there for the sake of introducing different environments for each level. It didn't seem to make much sense on the whole.
It controls really well, the aiming feels really smooth but the gun play feels like a downgrade from KZ2/3.
The level design is quite poor too. I'm glad the game doesn't hold your hand too much, but the problem is the levels don't seem to have a clear path through them. I found myself getting lost and mashing UP on the dpad to find my way.

More than anything, I really dislike the facial animations in this. They look so jarring since the environments look so great.
See pic:

The way the character's lips/cheeks move and the way the eyes look. It just comes off as unnatural. I get the feeling the lip sync was done for another language sometimes since it often looks so far off.
I've honestly seen PS3 games with better facial animation than this, for instance Killzone 2 had better facial animation than this...the bullshot pre-rendered demo for Killzone 2 they showed at E3 2005 had better facial animations than this!
I wouldn't even mind so much if not for the fact that they kept ramming close up shots of that NPC in my FOV for the first 20 minutes of the game.

-
Thankfully, Resogun is superb. I mean really superb. I'm a moderately enthusiastic fan of twin stick shooter and this is one of the best I have played.
I've gone through it on experienced difficulty already and I've beat the first level on master so far. It just handles so smooth and looks so slick.
There's a bit of a learning curve to it. The tutorial is just button prompts so you have to figure out the mechanics for yourselves as you play. that's not a bad thing either, I look forward to my next session of it since I usually learn something new about the game through playing.

-
The only other games I've played on it so far is Contrast, and I really like it. Sadly Contrast doesn't like me back.
The camera controls are jittery, the movement is glitchy and the puzzles don't always work. I've had to restart a section due to being caught up in the scenery a few times.
Even with it's flaws (massive FLAWS), I still really the game. Blending into shadows is seamless, though I wish I could control the character with the dpad when it switches over to controlling a 2D shadow.
The setting and characters seem interesting. there's a hint of dark humour here and there that really add to the atmosphere.
Also Adam Jensen is Didi's Father. How awesome is that? I wish my Dad was Adam Jensen.

It's really a shame that the game is let down by technical issues. It could have been a great puzzle platformer. Sadly it's pretty bad puzzle platformer with a really good aesthetic.

Edited on by Phatosaurus

3DS: 3840-6043-8686
WiiU: Phatosaurus

Snagrio

This is just sad... Language warning.

Someone got shot and killed over a PS4, just...sigh... No comment.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

banacheck

Thankfully, Resogun is superb. I mean really superb. I'm a moderately enthusiastic fan of twin stick shooter and this is one of the best I have played.
I've gone through it on experienced difficulty already and I've beat the first level on master so far. It just handles so smooth and looks so slick.
There's a bit of a learning curve to it. The tutorial is just button prompts so you have to figure out the mechanics for yourselves as you play. that's not a bad thing either, I look forward to my next session of it since I usually learn something new about the game through playing.

You would love Super Star Dust HD PS3 it's the sames dev's that have made Resogun (Housemarque), i agree Resogun is an excellent game with unique graphics blasting enemies that shatter into millions of pieces. It's definitely one of the best twin stick shooters out there, i love it also.

banacheck

Phatosaurus

banacheck wrote:

You would love Super Star Dust HD PS3 it's the sames dev's that have made Resogun (Housemarque), i agree Resogun is an excellent game with unique graphics blasting enemies that shatter into millions of pieces. It's definitely one of the best twin stick shooters out there, i love it also.

I am very familiar with SSHD. Loved it. If not for that and Oblivion on the PS3, I probably would've reverted back to playing nothing but my PS2 untol MGS4 came out.

_
Btw guys, if you're tempted to get Knack. Don't.
I was drawn in by the allure of a potential mix between classic Crash Bandicoot and We Love Katamari. I thought it could be something a bit different and fun.
What I've got is a very bad 3D platformer and a monotonous brawler, rolled into one.
For instance:
-Ledges and walls are placed at awkward heights that appear to only require one jump but actually require a double jump to get over/on top of.
-Character movement is sluggish, often causing me take hits my reaction time would usually allow me to avoid.
-Exacerbating the previous point is playing on hard, where 1-2 hits will almost always kill you (usually 1).
-Combat is a barebones one button input. Press square to punch, press 3 times for a 3 hit combo. There's a jump attack too.
There's also 3 special attacks that work as instant win buttons. Collecting crystals recharges them, but on hard the amount of crystals required for a single charge will likely take you 3/4 of the level to build up .
-Knack is an ugly character design.

Edited on by Phatosaurus

e-love

When Kingdom Hearts III and Final Fantasy XV release, I'll be a PS4 owner

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

Phatosaurus

After spending more time with Resogun, i really can't recommend it enough.
The controls are just so perfect. You don't reallise how good they are until
you're playing the game on the top difficulty and weaving though the revenge bullets the
enemies fire at you when they die.

I say it becomes more of a bullet hell on master difficulty. You can have a 100+ enemies on
screen at once and kill them all in fairly rapid succession resulting in 100+ revenge bullets
flying your way on top of the hundreds of regular bullets.

_

Battlefield 4 is great too, when it works as intended.
It crashes to the OS a lot and it has a big handful of glitches. The sound cuts out, weapons sometimes
kill in one shot, sometimes you'll spawn without weapons, server kicks at random, unable to connect
to the servers, there's no party system making it hard to play with friends and randomly deletes single
player save data.

Definitely wait for it to get patched before buying it because as it is, it's a £50 beta.

banacheck

Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes is out 20th March 2014 EU a few days later for NA, looking forwards too it.

Edited on by banacheck

banacheck

shingi_70

Question does Sony have a any sort of social networking type of features Like Nintendo has with Miiverse and Microsoft has with Upload

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

CanisWolfred

shingi_70 wrote:

Question does Sony have a any sort of social networking type of features Like Nintendo has with Miiverse and Microsoft has with Upload

They have a button on the very controller that lets you upload stuff to Facebook/Youtube/Twitter/etc.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

shingi_70

CanisWolfred wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

They have a button on the very controller that lets you upload stuff to Facebook/Youtube/Twitter/etc.

I know that but I was wondering if they had anything that was in the community type of thing like how Miiverse is its own thing. An actual social netrowork is guess what i'm asking about, I was asking because I though its cool how developers can interact with gamers on the Nintendo and Microsoft systems and was wondering if Sony did something similar.

Untitled

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

Phatosaurus

shingi_70 wrote:

Kinda yes but not really.
Everything uploaded to Facebook/Twitter from the PS4 shows up in a mock timeline
for those on your friend list. They can watch the videos and view the pictures on their
PS4 from the home screen under "What's New" without going through Facebook/Twitter.

There's no way of commenting on said media from the PS4 though, it has to be done
through Facebook/Twitter.

banacheck

The PS4 has "What's New" if you play a game earn trophies up-load gameplay footage, take screen-shots, stream gameplay, rate a game etc, you'll find all this on "What's New". Sony uses it themselves and developers will be using it too, also each game has it's own page . It shows the trophies you've earned friends that have the game, "recent activities" like your high scores in that game, if you've up-loaded your gameplay etc and what DLC is available for that game. You can up-load your gameplay to Twitch or do a live stream which you can also use Ustream/Twitch, when live streaming people can post comments which you can answer back obviously with the Mic.

Edited on by banacheck

banacheck

WebHead

Aside from the Facebook thing not really. Though rumor has it it might be getting it's own version of Playstation Home soon.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Phatosaurus

WebHead wrote:

Aside from the Facebook thing not really. Though rumor has it it might be getting it's own version of Playstation Home soon.

I really hope that doesn't happen. Playstation Home needs to be buried and forgotten along.

Jaz007

Does anyone else think that most of the changes in the new Warframe update are horrible? I haven't played in a while becuse I don't like the way things are balanced now. Really made me mad.

Jaz007

Bessestad

Phatosaurus wrote:

WebHead wrote:

I really hope that doesn't happen. Playstation Home needs to be buried and forgotten along.

I think it was pretty enjoyable for what it was.. at least parts of it. I have some great memories from when events was held in HOME. Such as when they built the E3 stage-floor and you could walk around, chat with other gamers and watch trailers. A "sequel" with the streaming possibilties of the PS4 could problably even let you try out the E3 demos right there in your living room. But yeah.. the whole "The Sims"-aspect of it all became kinda dull pretty fast, especially when they wanted you to buy clothing and furniture..

Wouldnt mind Nintendo making something similar for Wii U. It would be like a blend between Miiverse and.. Nintendo Land?

Bessestad

shingi_70

Falcom announced that they're working on a PS4 game. They haven't said if its a Ys, Legend of Heroes, or a new IP.
http://gamenyarth.blog67.fc2.com/blog-entry-14642.html

Untitled

Tecmo Koei has the next version of Nobunaga’s Ambition coming to PS4 as a launch title.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/12/24/nobunagas-ambition-cre...

WAT!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic