Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 621 to 640 of 16,083

irken004

Also, the Nov 15th date is perfect for me to save up for my preorder on amazon.

Gamer83

Glad we have a release date but I was very disappointed in Sony's show. I love indie games as much as the next guy but for God knows what reason Sony seems to think that's all it needs, who cares about AAA games like Dead Rising 3 or Quantum Break? I'm sorry but indie games don't help make your platform a success, look no further than Vita to see that. I'm a big fan of the Vita and the indie games have definitely made it worth owning, but the vast majority of consumers don't care and what you're left with is a powerful system that gets wasted because quality third parties don't want to make games for it. Even Ubisoft has pulled its support and that company tries to support everything. Sony is taking the wrong approach here. The indie initiative is good but it should also be trying to counteract what MS is doing. They get Dead Rising 3, ok, well PS4 owners get the next Resident Evil first, or go back to Konami and sign a deal to make Metal Gear Solid at least a one-year timed exclusive. MS tries to reach all of Europe with that great Fifa 14 deal, Sony should be striking back in North America with a deal on NBA 2K or Madden. Not saying, oh here's an old school shump from some indie company that the mass consumer can give two craps about. All Sony's show was the PS4 reveal event and E3 rolled into one and the total lack of first party content has me worried as well. Whoever decided it was a good idea to make GT 6 a PS3 game rather than a PS4 launch game is a complete imbecile.

Edited on by Gamer83

Gamer83

Gamer83

Dreamsleep wrote:

Peach64 wrote:

Did anyone watch the Gamescom conference?

Rime looks amazing, almost like a spiritual successor to Ico!
]

I did! Game junkie, here, lol. Rime was one of the new games that were announced, that I really loved. The shot of him running in the fields, in the golden fields of wheat. Breathtaking! Oddly enough, at the other end of the spectrum, War Thunder, the online WW2 MMO really has me pumped. Love that era of history. Overall, PS4 looks amazing!

Have you seen what MS announced for Xbox One's launch? If you haven't, I guarantee PS4 will seem a lot less amazing once you do and this is from somebody who has a PS4 pre-ordered. It seems I bet on the wrong horse this time but I'm going to ride it out and hope Sony proves me wrong. It'd be too late to get in on a first shipment of the X1 anyway even if I did switch my pre-order over.

Edited on by Gamer83

Gamer83

shingi_70

Gamer83 wrote:

Glad we have a release date but I was very disappointed in Sony's show. I love indie games as much as the next guy but for God knows what reason Sony seems to think that's all it needs, who cares about AAA games like Dead Rising 3 or Quantum Break? I'm sorry but indie games don't help make your platform a success, look no further than Vita to see that. I'm a big fan of the Vita and the indie games have definitely made it worth owning, but the vast majority of consumers don't care and what you're left with is a powerful system that gets wasted because quality third parties don't want to make games for it. Even Ubisoft has pulled its support and that company tries to support everything. Sony is taking the wrong approach here. The indie initiative is good but it should also be trying to counteract what MS is doing. They get Dead Rising 3, ok, well PS4 owners get the next Resident Evil first, or go back to Konami and sign a deal to make Metal Gear Solid at least a one-year timed exclusive. MS tries to reach all of Europe with that great Fifa 14 deal, Sony should be striking back in North America with a deal on NBA 2K or Madden. Not saying, oh here's an old school shump from some indie company that the mass consumer can give two craps about. All Sony's show was the PS4 reveal event and E3 rolled into one and the total lack of first party content has me worried as well. Whoever decided it was a good idea to make GT 6 a PS3 game rather than a PS4 launch game is a complete imbecile.

SOny seems to be using indie games as a way to show tons of games but don't blow the AAA games. They have some AAA games announded.

Knack
Drive Club
Killzone Shadowfall
Infamous second son
The Order 1866
Shadows of the beast

Despite being AAA alot of microsoft games are digital only,

Killer Instinct
Fable Legends
Zoo Tycoon

Indies also doesn't mean cheap or non AAA experiences these days. I see

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Gamer83

Yet to see a true AAA indie experience. And before anybody posts it, Journey is not an AAA experience. It's great for an indie game but compared to AAA retail games from companies like Ubisoft or Naughty Dog it's just an above average game, nothing more, nothing less.

And I'm not yet prepared to put The Order or Shadows of the Beast in the AAA category for Sony either. The Order is interesting and is coming from a great developer, but it's an unknown. And Knack definitely isn't AAA, in fact it's been getting universally panned in previews. Sony dropped the ball big time here at Gamescom, I hope TGS is much better, if it's the same bullsh*t, I'm going to start regretting my decision to jump the gun and pre-order a PS4 rather than waiting to give MS a chance to make up for its E3 debacle.

Edited on by Gamer83

Gamer83

shingi_70

Alan Wake american Nightmare.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

Gamer83

Sony_70 wrote:

Awesome game, but I don't think I'd qualify it as 'indie.'

Edited on by Gamer83

Gamer83

shingi_70

Gamer83 wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

The IP isn't own by microsoft neither is the developer. If they aren't that 90% of the games aren't either.

WAT!

Jaz007

Sony_70 wrote:

Gamer83 wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

The IP isn't own by microsoft neither is the developer. If they aren't that 90% of the games aren't either.

Wouldn't that definition place Gears of War as indie?

Jaz007

banacheck

Retailers are already devising their own upgrade programs to let consumers jump from current-gen games to their technically superior Xbox One and PS4 counterparts. But Sony is taking things into its own hands. At the company's Gamescom 2013 keynote, SCEA president Andrew House announced that Sony will offer an upgrade path for customers that purchase select PS3 titles and later wish to upgrade to a PlayStation 4 version of the same game. "We see this as a great way to reward PS3 gamers for their loyalty when transitioning to PS4, ensuring that it is as simple and accessible as possible," he said.

Sony will offer the PS4 releases digitally at a "significantly discounted" rate, though House didn't delve into specifics on the exact savings. He noted that Ubisoft, Electronic Arts, and Warner Bros. are among the publishers that have already signed on to the effort. Battlefield 4, Call of Duty: Ghosts, Watch Dogs, and Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag are among the games set to be included. Further details on Sony's

This is good,

banacheck

8BitSamurai

8BitSamurai wrote:

For NA anyways, I'm gonna guess November 15th.

Untitled
It's official. I'm psychic. Gonna mark it on my calendar, can't wait!

Edited on by 8BitSamurai

"rare download" Assistant

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai

Tasuki

So glad we have a release date now. Now I know what day to request off from work.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

irken004

Tasuki wrote:

So glad we have a release date now. Now I know what day to request off from work.

And I can save up for my amazon preorder

banacheck

If you want to play COD Ghosts when it releases on the PS3, but don't want to pay full price again once the PS4 is released. You don't have too, £10/€10/$10 & COD Ghosts is your on the PS4. More games are getting this treatment, plus Sony is doing the same when transitioning to PS4.

banacheck

Dreamsleep

Gamer83 wrote:

Dreamsleep wrote:

Peach64 wrote:

]

I did! Game junkie, here, lol. Rime was one of the new games that were announced, that I really loved. The shot of him running in the fields, in the golden fields of wheat. Breathtaking! Oddly enough, at the other end of the spectrum, War Thunder, the online WW2 MMO really has me pumped. Love that era of history. Overall, PS4 looks amazing!

Have you seen what MS announced for Xbox One's launch? If you haven't, I guarantee PS4 will seem a lot less amazing once you do and this is from somebody who has a PS4 pre-ordered. It seems I bet on the wrong horse this time but I'm going to ride it out and hope Sony proves me wrong. It'd be too late to get in on a first shipment of the X1 anyway even if I did switch my pre-order over.

Well, it would have helped if they hadn't had a closed conference, instead of an open one, like Sony. I don't really get that. I do like that Microsoft changed their roadmap, but I just don't trust them. However, I am fair, and I will say that Fable Legends looks cool, and Titanfall does, as well. Titanfall is coming to PS4, though, after a year delay. I haven't seen anything else from Microsoft, that is appealing. No RPG's, no strategy games, etc. Timed exclusives are also meaningless to me, as I can wait.

I want to see amazing first party games. I have yet to see such, from Microsoft.

Atari 2600, Commodore 64/128, Sega Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, PC, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, Wii, PSP, DSi, PS3, 3DSXL, WiiU

Gamer83

Dreamsleep wrote:

Gamer83 wrote:

Dreamsleep wrote:

Peach64 wrote:

]

Well, it would have helped if they hadn't had a closed conference, instead of an open one, like Sony. I don't really get that. I do like that Microsoft changed their roadmap, but I just don't trust them. However, I am fair, and I will say that Fable Legends looks cool, and Titanfall does, as well. Titanfall is coming to PS4, though, after a year delay. I haven't seen anything else from Microsoft, that is appealing. No RPG's, no strategy games, etc. Timed exclusives are also meaningless to me, as I can wait.

I want to see amazing first party games. I have yet to see such, from Microsoft.

Forza 5 will be a launch game and that looks pretty damn awesome to me but I know that racing games are love it or hate it for a lot of people. It's not a first party game, but Remedy has a working relationship with MS similar to Sony's and Quatic Dream's and though it's not Alan Wake 2, Quantum Break is pretty damn intriguing. Insomniac is also giving them an exclusive in Sunset Overdrive. I suppose that could hit PS4 but it's also just as possible MS could pay to keep it exclusive. But hey, to each their own, it's nice to see some people are happy with PS4's lineup, I wish I could be but I was just very underwhelmed by the total focus on indie games and lack of any big retail productions.

Gamer83

banacheck

The PS4 launch lineup/window is good, also it's the biggest PlayStation launch window to date. It's almost the end of the year 2013 with the PS3 releasing AAA games, early 2014 is where it begins. Sony Santa Monica, Media Molecule, Naughty Dog etc & a fair few more devs all have unannounced PS4 titles. All in all Sony has more exclusives than Microsoft, & have a job just releasing the launch window games by the end of 2013, 33 titles in total. So yes i'm very happy with the launch window lineup, which is just the start.

banacheck

Jon2

I think the launch line up is pretty strong. I'm about to order myself a PS4 with four games even though it will set me back $931. 2014 is going to be pretty insane game-wise with a new Wolfenstein, Dying Light, The Evil Within and The Division coming up. I'm hyped and that's the first time since the Playstation 2.

Jon2

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic