Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 6,161 to 6,180 of 16,083

Haruki_NLI

@Peek-a-boo Us here in the UK missed most PSone classics by three years or so. We havent gotten anything to do with Megaman and took us 2 years to get Spyro.

They said they wanted to get PAL copies an get them bug free.

Which doesnt explain ehy the Spyro games are the US ones with bugs and lag out the rear.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Peek-a-boo

@Haru17 Oh dearie me. Looks like I got confused with the (two) studios name.

I used to love playing Cool Boarders back in the day, and PAIN on the PlayStation 3 was a good laugh too so, if I have learned anything from the mix-up between the two studios outside of having the word ‘deck’ followed by a number in their companies name, it is that I feel somewhat happier with the chosen developer.

Happy to be corrected!

Peek-a-boo

Dezzy

Peek-a-boo wrote:

@Dezzy Before N. Sane Trilogy climbed the bestsellers chart, it was exactly the same three games, the Switch and a DualShock 4 controller that made up the top five. You can sort the games out by month on Amazon, and Crash Bandicoot was perched at the top of the bestsellers list in both May and June respectively.

All of those others are still selling a lot on a weekly basis though. Mario and Zelda have both been in the VGchartz top 10 list every week since they launched. Horizon only just fell out of it.
I'd just say I'd be shocked if Crash sells 4 million+, like those will.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Peek-a-boo

@Dezzy I follow sales closely, and it is frowned upon to use VGChartz as an example.

In any case, Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy has been a resounding success!

Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy has beaten Horizon Zero Dawn to become the UK's biggest single-format boxed release of the year.

In fact, the only game to have enjoyed a bigger Week One was Ubisoft's Ghost Recon: Wildlands, which was released across multiple platforms.

The popularity of Activision's remake follows similar success for WipEout Omega Collection, which also topped the charts last month. Like WipEout, this is the first time Crash Bandicoot has been at the top of the UK physical retail charts.

Crash Bandicoot is now the 24th best-selling video game franchise at UK boxed retail, according to GfK.

Source: - Games Industry

And it is completely sold out on Amazon for up to two weeks too.

p.s. Going by the weekly drop percentage figures from the UK charts last week, this game has sold between 108,000 to 110,000 copies, which equates to approximately £3,270,000 in total sales. That’s N. Sane!

As for PS+, this months line up is the best one in blooming ages:

• Until Dawn – PS4
  • Game of Thrones: A Telltale Series – PS4
  • That’s You – PS4 (4th July onwards)
  • Tokyo Jungle – PS3
  • Darkstalkers Resurrection – PS3
  • Don’t Die Mr Robot – PS Vita (cross-buy with PS4)
  • Element4l – PS Vita

Edited on by Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

Haru17

@Peek-a-boo It is, but that's just because it's the first time Sony has ponied up one of their AAA first party games. Seriously, when was the last time they did that? I feel like it was Infamous in like 2015, and before then the PS3.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Dezzy

Peek-a-boo wrote:

@Dezzy I follow sales closely, and it is frowned upon to use VGChartz as an example.

So I've heard. But everytime I've been able to check their data with independent sources, it's always quite accurate. So until I find a series of examples of them just being wildly wrong, I'm sticking to use them as a weak authority.

Octane

@Peek-a-boo VGChartz is alright. They only post confirmed numbers these days (like NPD), or estimates by other sales trackers like Media Create. This also means they're weeks or months behind, and their entire purpose was to report sales before the ''official'' numbers were out. If you can live with a 5-10% error margin, it's a decent site. They're almost always close enough, it's just the exceptions here and there that people love to recite as examples why they're always miles off. It's like Wikipedia, if you know how to use it, it's a great source of information, but you always have that small group that claims it isn't accurate because ''anyone can edit it''.

Octane

Dezzy

Their numbers for Breath of the Wild seem pretty accurate.

Nintendo reported on March 31st, it had sold 3.8 million copies.

As of May 27th, VGchartz reports about 3.95 million copies. When you take into account the fact that's only retail physical sales, it seems to add up more or less accurately.

Edited on by Dezzy

IceClimbers

So Insomniac has confirmed that web swinging in Spider-Man will be physics and momentum based with webs that attach to buildings.

That's EXCELLENT news.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Ryu_Niiyama

@IceClimbers SQUEE Oh I can't wait for this game. I've always been a spidey aficionado.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Dezzy

@IceClimbers

How else would they do it?

Haruki_NLI

@Dezzy Quick time event. I mean did you see the rest of it? ;p

In all seriousness have it be flat swinging. Ya swing, it goes, no variability

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Ryu_Niiyama

@Dezzy It could go back to web swinging in the clouds a la Amazing Spider man 1 which is the most recent offender. (web slinging is serious business so people take note when it is done wrong.)

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Dezzy

Yooohooooo, DQ11 incoming:

http://nintendoeverything.com/dutch-pr-company-confirms-drago...

Seems highly likely this will be all platform versions, given that they share the dialogue (and that's the biggest cost of the localization).

This is a necessary PS4 version purchase, given how incredibly it looks.

Edited on by Dezzy

Peek-a-boo

@Haru17 I couldn’t see a film at the cinema without watching an advert/trailer for both Ratchet & Clank and Uncharted 4: A Thief's End last year, especially the latter. You also couldn’t walk around in London without seeing Uncharted 4 plastered on the side of all the red buses either!

Even Horizon Zero Dawn was almost everywhere too, and that only came out three or four months ago.

I know what you’re saying though. They only seem to invest in the big hitters. Their next tentpole game is Gran Turismo Sport, especially here in Europe (America seems to have gone off driving/racing games), then they will ramp up advertising for both God of War and Spider-Man early next year. Pretty predictable stuff!

@Dezzy I probably should have used a different phrase than ‘frowned upon’.

For every little thing they get nearly right, two or three (or more) things doesn’t fit the overall picture. You only have to follow the monthly NPD reports to see how off some of their numbers are, which is why they are not exactly a reputable source. Still, for looking up at rough estimates, they do an adequate enough job.

As for Dragon Quest XI, I think I can see myself buying it next year some time, if it doesn’t take over one hundred hours to complete (!) The visual style continues to look incredibly pleasing. Only Ni no Kuni II looks better to me.

@Octane You would be a rather poor businessman if you’re happy with an error margin of 5-10%!

On another subject altogether, am I right in thinking that you have got yourself a Switch recently?

Edited on by Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

Octane

@Peek-a-boo In most extreme cases of course. If they're saying 210,000 and the actual number is 202,000 for example, I think that's a pretty good estimate without knowing anything at all about the actual sales. Of course, that was a few years ago. The site isn't what it used to be anymore, now they only report the official sales numbers.

What game worthy of a Switch purchase has come out in the past few weeks? Of course I have yet to buy one! Super Mario Odyssey is probably going to be my system seller. I may or may not buy Splatoon 2 as well, making the most of the free online while I still can.

A friend of mine got a Switch recently, I didn't expect that, since he never talks about anything Nintendo related. It was unexpected, but that gives me the chance to check out the system before I actually buy one myself. Have you already gotten yours? How's Zelda going by the way? You're playing it, right?

Octane

Haru17

@Peek-a-boo I was talking about a solid PS+ month, not marketing.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

WebHead

Seems like the project may have been restarted entirely.

Development has been going swimmingly. /sarcasm

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Octane

It's the new KH3, except that game isn't out yet either.

Octane

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic