Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 561 to 580 of 16,083

shingi_70

Peach64 wrote:

Cerny - The Road to PS4

Fantastic talk by Mark Cerny. I've only just picked up a PS3 today, so I've been away from Sony for 7 years, and I doubt I'll get a PS4 anytime soon, but I feel most confident about the direction they're going in right now. Microsoft is too much about the films, TV and music, while Nintendo's main aim seems to be games that a family can play together in 20 minute chunks.

Because those things somehow dimishes games. I mean they did show all that emdia stuff at E3 right.

On topic Soul Saga's coming to PS4 and Vita now.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

banacheck

Peach64
Fantastic talk by Mark Cerny. I've only just picked up a PS3 today

Yes an excellent talk by Mark Cerny, if your into indie games check-out Hotline Miami if your into those sort of games.

banacheck

Jaz007

Sony_70 wrote:

Peach64 wrote:

Cerny - The Road to PS4

Fantastic talk by Mark Cerny. I've only just picked up a PS3 today, so I've been away from Sony for 7 years, and I doubt I'll get a PS4 anytime soon, but I feel most confident about the direction they're going in right now. Microsoft is too much about the films, TV and music, while Nintendo's main aim seems to be games that a family can play together in 20 minute chunks.

Because those things somehow dimishes games. I mean they did show all that emdia stuff at E3 right.

It has diminished the amount RAM available for games.

Jaz007

SCRAPPER392

I just wanted to bring something up. Whether or not you see it as being positive or not is up to you.
The Xbox One multimedia distraction from gaming isn't really a relevant argument.
PS3 is always praised for having media playback. Why doesn't Xbox One get credit for playing media?
I just wanted to make it clear that focus on TV or any of that other stuff is not the main focus. They're just side projects that the machine can do without any extra effort.
PS4 does all the media stuff, too, so I don't really see how Microsoft bringing it up would really be a bad thing.
Samething with Nintendo. They've ALWAYS been about games first. Sega was actually the first console that brought up media in the form of hardware editions with the Sega CD. Sony continued Sega's trend long after Dreamcast has died.
Granted, the gaming machines we have today have been greatly effected by Sega and Sony, but not to the extent that such features stick around without other companies enforcing them.
Microsoft stating that bluray, TV, etc. non gaming features makes an impact, whether you think so or not. I say this, is because the sort of decisions Nintendo gets bashed for are not doing what Sony does.
"No DVD, CDs, bluray. WTF Nintendo". I just find it interesting that Nintendo gets criticised for not doing exactly what Sony does, but Microsoft gets criticised for doing what Sony does by different means.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

AlexSays

SCAR392 wrote:

"No DVD, CDs, bluray. WTF Nintendo". I just find it interesting that Nintendo gets criticised for not doing exactly what Sony does, but Microsoft gets criticised for doing what Sony does by different means.

Just got off the phone with Kaz, this was his reaction:

Untitled

AlexSays

shingi_70

Jaz007 wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

Peach64 wrote:

Cerny - The Road to PS4

It has diminished the amount RAM available for games.

Isn't the current allotment

Ps4: * Gigs with 2 for OS
Xbone 8 Gigs with 3 for OS.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

shingi_70

@SCAR392

Microsoft media stuff gets praised just not from the gaming sections of the populous. I've seen a lot of excitement for it on pure tech sites like the verge or Engadget. It happens that the Majority of Gamers would in all honestly want a box that only plays games and sees any investment in non gaming features to be deficient to the allotment of time and dollars that go to games. (despite that being not the way these things work.)

WAT!

AlexSays

Sony_70 wrote:

Ps4: * Gigs with 2 for OS
Xbone 8 Gigs with 3 for OS.

PS4 has so much ram it must be described in 'light rams,' commonly indicated by a star or an asterisk.

Sony domination continues.

AlexSays

SCRAPPER392

Sony_70 wrote:

@SCAR392

Microsoft media stuff gets praised just not from the gaming sections of the populous. I've seen a lot of excitement for it on pure tech sites like the verge or Engadget. It happens that the Majority of Gamers would in all honestly want a box that only plays games and sees any investment in non gaming features to be deficient to the allotment of time and dollars that go to games. (despite that being not the way these things work.)

I understand, but a company factually can not deliver the core experience in more than one area of media.
That's where Sony and Apple fall short. I'm fine with smart phones and tablets playing games. My gripe is that people think it is better when it factually isn't. Where the heck is Mtn. Lion on iPad? Microsoft has Windows on tablets. Why is iOS stuck on Apple devices? Android is available on any device besides iPhone and iPod touch.

What I'm trying to say is, Sony doesn't only make video games. It's fact. They make movies, music, TVs, etc. There isn't any possible way they can maintain a gaming console, along with every other area of media they're in.
There ways Sony and Apple could fix things, but they won't, because it would destroy other parts of the industry as we know it.

If a company has made bad decisions that don't become apparent until years later, that takes a toll. The way Apple and Sony manage their devices is pretty messy.

The PS3 "does everything". Not anymore. This year's iPhone is "the best one yet". Not really.
There's only so much a company can do before it falls short of its promises.

I seriously look at PS4 as the next Atari Jaguar. They put all this stuff into the box, but they never take that next step. When a company claims their device does something that it in fact, doesn't, consumers will take notice.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

Midnight3DS

@SCAR392 "I seriously look at PS4 as the next Atari Jaguar."

You're on.

3DS Friend Code: 5129-0855-7142 ID = Midnight

AC:NL Mayor Jambo, town of Hamneggs

AlexSays

Shouldn't the Sony doom and gloom talk belong in the Xbox One thread, where people are already discouraged? This thread should be about love and how Sony is leading us into the future of gaming.

Suzy from Ohio had this to say,

Suzy wrote:

The Sony Playstation 4 looks like the ultimate gaming console. I feel so honored to have Sony bless us with this wonderful piece of technology.

Mike from California had this to say,

Mike wrote:

Wow, I can't believe Sony produced such a wonderful console at such an affordable price. Thank you Sony for leading the industry and being the shining beacon of video game perfection.

We reached out to Kaz for comment, who had this to say:

Untitled

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays

SCRAPPER392

I'm just saying. There's no real benefit for Sony to do what they do for gaming. It does effect Nintendo and Microsoft in a good way.

I'm not saying PS4 sucks, at all. I just don't see why Sony and Apple continue to do what they do in their markets. What Sony and Apple do benefits their competitors more than it does them.
Nintendo now has high capacity discs without lifting a finger like Sony did. Nintendo has a tablet controller which is obviously a reference to how popular touch gaming has become(which they helped influence as well).
Nintendo has a more powerful console than PS3, and didn't take 4-5 years worth of losses on the thing.

Just sayin'. Oh, and Vita is dying. How do you think Sony is supposed to fix that?

Qwest

Jaz007

@Sony_70 PS4 uses one GB of RAM for non game purposes.

Jaz007

SCRAPPER392

Midnight3DS wrote:

@SCAR392 "I seriously look at PS4 as the next Atari Jaguar."

You're on.

What is that supposed to mean?

Qwest

AlexSays

I'm not sure, you should consult with Apple executives and explain to them their poor business model. I hear they're really struggling only being in the top five or so most valuable companies.

Thankfully I found someone to comment on the Vita. Sarah from South Carolina had this to say,

Sarah wrote:

Nobody cares.

Short and to the point that woman is..

AlexSays

shingi_70

So where did everyone pre-order from?

WAT!

AlexSays

I preordered from Amazon. Sarah, Mike, and Suzy all did too.

AlexSays

banacheck

PS4 does all the media stuff, too, so I don't really see how Microsoft bringing it up would really be a bad thing

The only difference is the PS4 uses 1GB for it's OS leaving 7GB dedicated to games, while the Xbox One uses 3GB for it's OS leaving 5GB for games running on a lot slower RAM. Luckily the Xbox One has 32GB eSRAM otherwise if DDR3 all the Xbox One had, it would had been in serious trouble. With a more powerful GPU and, faster memory, the PS4 is clearly out in front on specs wise.

banacheck

Jaz007

I pre-ordered at my local GameStop.

Jaz007

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic