Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 5,481 to 5,500 of 16,073

Octane

@Peek-a-boo Maybe it was longer than I remember. It's been a while! And that's also true for The Witness, but I don't think I could replay that game anytime soon, or ever really. I can still recall most of the puzzles and their answers.

Octane

Dezzy

Uncharted 4 was quite long. The first 3 were around 10 hours. Uncharted 4 was more like 15-17.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Peek-a-boo

@Octane I'm only starting again as The Witness received a 'Pro enabled' patch just before Christmas last year, and I just wanted to experience and see the difference. To my surprise though, I was initially stuck on a few puzzles along the way so, I haven't quite remembered everything!

Although it was already a very pretty game on the OG PlayStation 4, the Pro version does benefit from the extra boost under the hood. The native 1080p resolution is also a welcome addition (up from 900p) and it feels smoother to play/walk around on the island too.

I probably won't continue any further, seeing as it is a surprisingly long game. One more screenshot:

Untitled

Oh, and my first play through on Uncharted 4 (on hard mode) clocked at 19 hours and 13 minutes. Yeah, it is much, much longer than any of the first three Uncharted games on the PlayStation 3. I'll be more than happy if The Lost Legacy is up to 10 hours long, given the original 'add-on' nature of said game.

Peek-a-boo

Ralizah

@Tsurii They're being called Confidants instead of Social Links now, and the ones I've done so far seem to be more connected to your social stat growth and give you extra abilities/purchasing options.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Peek-a-boo

Yooka-Laylee is now available to download on the PlayStation store for those who backed the project on Kickstarter! You should receive (or have received) a backer-kit related email from Play Tonic this morning, which is why I am now playing the game, hooray!

So far, so good.

It's vividly colourful and pleasing to the eyes. The performance is a little bit 'hitchy' when things become too busy (on screen) though. It really does feel like a sequel to Banjo-Tooie, and there has been a couple of proper laugh out loud lines of very British dialogue as well.

Peek-a-boo

Ralizah

@Peek-a-boo The near-future patch will presumably help fix performance issues like on the PS4 version. The Xbox One version's performance saw a decent boost after being patched. It apparently fixes camera issues as well.

diwdiws

30 hrs in Persona 5. Man! the themes in this game are dark! I cant put it down!!!!!

diwdiws

Ralizah

http://www.siliconera.com/2017/04/10/persona-5s-biggest-serie...

Persona 5 is selling better than Lego, GTA V, Mass Effect, and Ghost Recon: Wildlands this week in the UK! Apparently it's the first JRPG to hit #1 in the UK since Ni no Kuni in 2013.

I can't believe how well this game is selling outside of Japan.

Peek-a-boo

@Ralizah I don't think I will ever play Persona 5, purely because RPGs are not my kind of genre these days (due to them being time sinks that I no longer have enough hours in the day for) and I have a backlog to get through.

And yet I am genuinely pleased with just how well Persona 5 has been performing outside of Japan.

I also totally forget that it is also available for the PlayStation 3. It was actually only ever going to be on the latter console back in 2014:

Untitled

Peek-a-boo

Ralizah

@Peek-a-boo I'm glad Atlus was smart and launched it on the PS4 as well, instead of pulling a Persona 4 and launching a last-gen exclusive well into the modern-gen console's life-cycle. I suppose the fact that it was massively delayed for years worked in its favor, as the PS4 is arguably at its peak in terms of popularity and sales right now.

I don't have a lot of time to play the game every day (as I spend a lot of time out of the house), but nothing short of homelessness or poverty would keep me from playing it. In general, though, this is probably the biggest reason why I don't use my PS4 more than I do.

@Tsurii Their localizations definitely haven't sped up since the acquisition by SEGA. At this point, I'm actually worried about whether EO5 will see a release outside of Japan at all. It seems incomprehensible that it wouldn't, but then I remember that EO Untold 2 sold pretty terribly everywhere.

Edited on by Ralizah

Dezzy

Peek-a-boo wrote:

@Ralizah I don't think I will ever play Persona 5, purely because RPGs are not my kind of genre these days (due to them being time sinks that I no longer have enough hours in the day for) and I have a backlog to get through.

Lol that's exactly why I love them! If you only have a small amount of spare time, as I do too, long games are cool because they really feel like you've actually been on a journey in real world time (parallel to the in-game time).

Xenoblade Chronicles and Dragon Quest 8 both took me about 9 months to complete, about the length of time the actual stories might have taken in-game. You can't get that feeling if you speed through them in under a week.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

TuVictus

Ughhh I really want to play yooka laylee, but unfortunately unforeseen expenditures reared their head. Which I guess is just as well, I still need to get through nioh. That game is definitely tough to get the hang of. I'm just gonna speed through it with the help of Co op, I'm not really into the whole "keep dying and getting slightly better each time" thing this time around. I've got so much less time for it

TuVictus

AlexSays

I don't care at all for JRPGs so I've avoided past Persona games but I've played Persona 5 every day since release.

When Horizon came out I didn't think I'd stop playing for another game until Zelda came along, then I didn't think I'd stop playing Zelda until Persona 5 came along.

Basically there's no hope of me finishing any games. I'm not much of a completionist though and don't care about finishing a backlog or whatever, so I'm okay with this. For me it's more enjoyable and there's no pressure when you stop caring about finishing games before starting others.

AlexSays

Peek-a-boo

Dragon Quest XI is going to be released in Japan on the 3DS and PlayStation 4 on the 29th of July!

Untitled

I reckon this means that DQXI may well be available elsewhere in either Q4 2017 or Q1 2018.

Here's the trailer:

Edited on by Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

Ralizah

Oh my god, Dragon Quest XI looks amazing! This had better come overseas. Hopefully for Christian in NA.

DQXI on PS4 and Super Mario Odyssey on Nintendo Switch would be an amazing Christmas combo.

Octane

@Peek-a-boo I love it when you're right! Uncharted: The Lost Legacy will be £34.99, €39.99 or $39.99! And it's coming sooner than we thought, on August 23!

Here's a new trailer:

Octane

Peek-a-boo

@Octane OMG...

You've got the trio of Crash Bandicoot: N. Sane Trilogy, Tekken 7 (with exclusive PlayStation content) and WipEout Omega Collection coming out in June (talk about harking back to the PSone days!), LocoRoco and Patapon Remastered (only in Japan so far) in July then Uncharted: The Lost Legacy and possibly the new Everybody's Golf/Hot Shots Golf in August.

Too. Many. Games.

:EDIT: Polyphony Digital have the Porsche license to use in Gran Turismo Sport, hooray!

When I saw these screenshots, I honestly thought they were taken in real life or something. I mean, just look at them:

Untitled

Untitled

This is what witchcraft looks like.

Edited on by Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

Octane

@Peek-a-boo Makes me wonder what they have in store for the holidays... Can't be just Spider-Man, right? Still hoping for Days Gone.

And apparently, The Lost Legacy is free for those who bought the Uncharted 4 Season Pass.

Octane

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic