Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 5,381 to 5,400 of 16,083

Grumblevolcano

@NEStalgia I know it's too early but so far I'd say 2013-2014 was the better time period on the Nintendo front. 2017 Switch is rather weak compared to 2013 3DS and 2014 Wii U from what's been announced so far.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Ralizah

IT'S HAPPENING!!!

Two reviews for Persona 5 so far. One from Playstation Official Magazine UK. The other from Push Square. Both perfect scores! The word "masterpiece" seems to be cropping up a lot.

http://www.pushsquare.com/reviews/ps4/persona_5

EDIT: 9 from Gamespot. https://www.gamespot.com/reviews/persona-5-review/1900-6416640/

9.7 from IGN: http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/03/29/persona-5-review

Only negatives that seem to be cropping up are some websites complaining about "gay representation" or some such.

It's at 94 on metacritic right now.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Octane

Too bad it looks so good...

Octane

Ralizah

@Octane Soooooooooooooooo~ good.

As much as I love my Switch, I'm giving the PS4 the next 100+ hours of my gaming life.

NEStalgia

@Grumblevolcano Hmm, 13-14 was ok for Nintendo definitely. I'm not sure 16-17 is too bad though, I mean that includes Color Splash, Tokyo Mirage, Fates, Echoes, Z:TP:HD, SF:0, M&L Paper Jam, Bravely Default 2, a new Ace Attorney (the best in years) and I know I'm forgetting things on the Nintendo side + BotW, Odyssey, maybe-maybe-not Xenoblade, Splatoon 2. Nintendo overall has done a lot in that 2 year time frame. Plus for Sony, Horiozon, Persona, Uncharted 4, Gravity Rush 2, Last Guardian (10 years late is better than never!)Ratchet (darnit still haven't ordered that!). Tons of stuff going on in general this year.

Switch is kind of weak in terms of quantity (so far), but the franchises coming out are the big ones everyone waited for on WiiU, so it's kind of a draw.

@Ralizah Dokidokidokidoki.

Awww, I know I'm going to put off playing it until at least next winter Too much Switch fun for now! I have to avoid this thread for spoilers I think

lemme guess, Kotaku and Polygon on the "gay representation" front because what good is a gaming article if you can't start a culture war!

NEStalgia

Ralizah

@NEStalgia Eurogamer, Polygon, and some no-name website, from what I've seen so far.

Hopefully the awesomeness of this game will overshadow the culture war B.S. that erupts when people start actually reading these reviews!

Octane

@Ralizah I mean... maybe I'll try it out some day... I think the visuals are very pleasing to look at, I'm afraid I can't get into the story and gameplay.

Octane

NEStalgia

@Ralizah Kotaku's probably saving up for a 3 part essay. Good behavior without inciting controversy everywhere possible is too much to ask of the Gawker network.

How to write a game review: Is there a gender issue to cover? Is there a race issue to cover? Is there a sexual orientation issue to cover? If the answer to all three is no, INVENT ONE ANYWAY! (Kotaku/Polygon Employee Handbook).

All that aside, glad to hear it's as awesome as it sounds. sigh and it reminds me how sad I am that it's not on Switch. I'd be playing day 1 and for the next 3 months if it were Instead it's relegated to the "when I'm in all winter and never leaving the couch" pile.

NEStalgia

Ralizah

@Octane Not a JRPG guy?

@NEStalgia The game would be WONDERFUL on the Switch. I am disappointed it's not, but... if there's one game I'll hide in a dark room to play, it's this.

I'd even buy an Xbox One to play this game, if I had to.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: while I love playing a variety of games, I could still be very happy and satisfied only ever playing Nintendo and ATLUS releases.

Edited on by Ralizah

Octane

@Ralizah Nope, not at all unfortunately. I remember when Cyber Sleuth came out last year, it looked pretty good (well, not bad at least), but then I remembered that I wasn't looking forward to random overworld encounters and long turn-based battles... so I never bought the game. Pokemon is pretty much the only turn-based RPG I could get into, and it's probably due to the fact that there was little story in the games, cause I'm not a big fan of the more recent games at all.

Octane

Ralizah

@Octane Wasn't a bad call on Cyber Sleuth. It was really mediocre, in my opinion. Maybe you just need to be a Digimon fan to really enjoy it?

I'm kind of that way with most Western AAA shooters/RPGs. I just can't motivate myself to play them, even if everyone swears up and down how some of them are the greatest things since sliced bread. The Witcher 3 with all the DLC is only $25 on Steam right now. I have a PC that can run it at 60 fps at probably max settings. Nevertheless, it just doesn't seem appealing.

Grumblevolcano

@NEStalgia I did say in comparison though. If you don't compare anything then 2016-2017 is ok on the Nintendo front so far but I also know that we can't fully judge the situation until at least after E3. E3 2014 was of course one of the many things that made Nintendo 2013-2014 so fantastic.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NEStalgia

@Grumblevolcano All true, but we can't ignore that half of the things that were announced at E3 2014 that made it awesome are the things we ended up getting in 16-17 (ZeldaU, Tokyo Mirage, SF0, ok Xenoblade was 2015) That's the great tragedy fo the WiiU. E3 2014 was the entire remainder of the console's lifespan more or less. I'll be happy with dates for NA on SMTV, DQXI, and XC2. Anything else is a bonus

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

LzWinky

Ralizah wrote:

@Octane without spoiling anything: super-stylized murder mystery adventure game/visual novel hybrid.

You forgot "totally superific despair-filled fantastic most exciting game ever. Gotta stick with the theme!

I really enjoyed the first one. I'll play the second one soon once I'm not tired from work (which so happens to be school )

I also plan to play Resident Evil 4 on the PS4 soon.

Edited on by LzWinky

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Octane

NEStalgia wrote:

@Grumblevolcano All true, but we can't ignore that half of the things that were announced at E3 2014 that made it awesome are the things we ended up getting in 16-17 (ZeldaU, Tokyo Mirage, SF0, ok Xenoblade was 2015)

Your definition of 'awesome' is quite broad if Star Fox Zero is part of that...

Octane

FGPackers

@Octane I find Star Fox Zero a great game too! I loved it so much that i bought the first print and 100% it!

FGPackers

Nintendo Network ID: FGPackers

Octane

I feel sorry for you...

Octane

NEStalgia

@Ralizah Haha yeah. I'm still holding out false hope that it will be announced for Switch at E3 or something. I'll keep my Take Your Heart Edition in shrink wrap forever and play the heck out of the switch one. If there's one game I'd LOVE to play on the hybrid machine it's this one I know it isn't and can't be and for whatever reason has always been Sony-only (probably paid rights), I still will hold out hope. P5 will come to Switch, Elvis will return, Glenn Miller will be located, and the Dreamcast will be a success! You'll see! I Know it will be true! I know it!

NEStalgia

Ryu_Niiyama

@Octane Different strokes. I liked SF Zero as well.

Looking forward to Persona but I won't be getting it at launch. Switching to book purchases for the next few months.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic