Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 5,121 to 5,140 of 16,083

CanisWolfred

Dezzy wrote:

Don't know if anyone's noticed this yet but a Dark Souls 3 GOTY edition has been announced. Like clockwork! Definitely gonna get this.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dark-Souls-Fire-Fades-PS4/dp/B01NAXQ...

Oh hey, I was just saying to myself today, "oh hey, I hope they release a Dark Souls III GOTY edition soon." I even played Demon's Souls just to see if I could get into it...I can't. Well, at least now I'll have more shelf space.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Peek-a-boo

I'm getting the impression that more folks have watched rather than played Resident Evil VII in this thread!

It's not that bad; go ahead and experience it for yourselves one day.

@Haru17 The two 'banned footage' videos, Bedroom and Daughters are really good whereas 21 is based on sheer luck - the last round with the circular saw was a bit much. I even argue that it doesn't quite suit Lucas character, and panders to the SAW crowd.

I haven't tried Nightmare yet as I am aware that it is a mercenaries-style horde mode, which isn't my favourite type of mode to play. Jack's Birthday however is silly good fun!

:EDIT: From one 'VII' to another, here's two new screenshots of Final Fantasy VII remake:

Untitled

Untitled

Edited on by Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

CanisWolfred

@Peek-a-boo Not gonna lie, I thought I was looking at a sci-fi cover shooter. Which...isn't terrible, but I'm reminded why I'm not excited for this remake. Which is alright, I'll probably be an old man by the time they have all the episodes out...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Ralizah

I see my instinct to forego DSIII was right. Now to wait for the GOTY edition of DSIII to plunge in price.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Peek-a-boo

I was a little bit apprehensive about Horizon Zero Dawn, given that the only game I truly liked from GG studio is Killzone 2 (wish they had remastered this TBH) however, all the 10's, 9's and some 8's it is receiving has eased my worries.

Looks like Sony have found the next big new IP for their stables!

I have only read Jim's review (from Jimquisition) as he thankfully doesn't spoil things in his reviews:

Horizon: Zero Dawn is just brilliant.

I speak as a critic who has played more “open sandbox” games than any one human should and has grown so very weary of them. I should have gotten sick of this thing in an hour, but I’ve been glued to it for days and days and I don’t want it to end. I love existing in this world – a world of desperate survival but of growing culture and a sense of hope. A world of giant metal animals that promise some breathtaking fights.

A world that’s basically Disney’s Brave meets The Last of Us, Enslaved: Journey to the West, Far Cry, Mass Effect, The Witcher, Monster Hunter, Toukiden, and loads of other really, really cool ****.

Edited on by Octane

Peek-a-boo

Octane

Same here, I was excited (and still am of course), but also a bit cautious, but it's good to see that the game lives up to the expectations. The only big flaw that I've seen so far is that the facial animations don't live up to the quality of the rest of the game, but they still look great when idle. Still, what open world game has ever had Uncharted levels of facial animations? I think none. So nitpicking aside, it looks to be an awesome and densely-packed(!) open world action RPG. A big departure from Killzone, but a great addition to Sony's IP library.

The worst part of this all? I've only got two days between this and Zelda...

@Peek-a-bee Oh by the way, if you're wondering, I edited out a naughty word from Mr. Jim Sterling. The profanity filter was triggered.

Octane

Peek-a-boo

@Octane My Wii U is currently boxed up at the moment, as I haven't bought - or played - anything for it since Super Mario Maker (and Year Walk on the eShop) was released back in September 2015 (!)

Going to hunt those robosaurs in Horizon Zero Dawn first, then I shall play the fitting swan song for my soon to be unboxed Wii U afterwards.

p.s. I like the bee-related name change you gave me!

Peek-a-boo

Octane

@Peek-a-boo I know, I know, I'm creative when I'm half asleep!

I'm going to play Horizon for two days, followed by Zelda. I'll see which one I enjoy more, going to finish that one first and come back for the other later.

By the way, anyone else picking up Night in the Woods tomorrow? I think that's going to be my first 2017 game purchase.

Edit: Well... never mind then!

Edited on by Octane

Octane

TuVictus

I got Nioh, and it's really interesting to see someone else's take on the Souls gameplay formula. Though it feels much more forgiving than any of the Soulsborne games so far. However, the gameplay itself is immensely satisfying. I enjoy breaking an enemy's guard.

Still playing some RE7. I still haven't beat nightmare because I'm awful at money management and it frustrates me whenever I die during the 4th or 5th night and have to restart from scratch.

21 was a fun change of pace, even if it was luck based. It was fun, and it actually gave you checkpoints unlike Nightmare, so that was good. Of course, the end of it was really cheap, but at least scripted so that you win once you know what card to use.

Daughters seems like the best DLC part yet, though. I haven't finished it, but it's the only DLC that actually feels like an extension of the main game rather than a spinoff game mode. I hope the final, free story DLC doesn't take too long.

As for Horizon, if Zelda wasn't coming literally 3 days later I would have bought it in a heartbeat. It looks so gorgeous, and seeing it on my 4k TV would be wonderful. I'm jealous of those who get to play it on launch day

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

-Green-

Hmm. I actually interested in Horizon. The clips at E3 were awesome. I only hope it can keep me interested in enough, so that I can actually finish it.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

CanisWolfred

@Peek-a-boo I'll have to look up some reviews to see if anyone talks about the story and voice acting. I mean, I might be able to find a trailer for that, too. I've never been big on the lore of games, so what I need more is a cast of characters I can care about on top of an interesting world.

Also, that Jim Sterling review mentioned a quarter of my favorite games from the past decade in that last sentence from your quote, and about...half of my least favorite popular games from the past 15 years. I'll need some context, to say the least. Luckily, I don't mind his reviews.

@Octane I knew there was a reason I wanted my calender clear on the 21st. Granted, I pre-ordered it, as much as I hate to admit it. It got so many delays that I kind of had to. I did the same for Shiness on Steam, and in both cases I got a discount and some minor bonuses, both for games that I'm sure I'll enjoy on some level.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Octane

@CanisWolfred Well, let me know what you think then. This was the perfect time killer till HZD for me, but it got delayed over here. I'm not sure if I can finish it in one day, can't find any info on the length. If it's 3-6 hours, I'll do it in one sitting. If it's longer than that, it has to wait until I'm done with HZD and Zelda.

Octane

JaxonH

@CanisWolfred
You can turn the online functionality off with R3 on the menu I think (once you get to the world map, before then you can do it in settings).

I've never been big on the whole invasion concept, I much prefer to play my games off-line. Although in Nioh, being online doesn't mean invasions. It just has red graves scattered around of people who died that you can challenge their AI ghost by holding X. Kinda cool. Also has co-op, but, you have to beat the mission before you can co-op it (kinda stupid, I'd have beaten the game already if I could co-op with my brother).

It's a good game though. I much prefer it to Dark Souls thanks to not being nearly as gothic and creepy, and having a much more advanced combat system imo. The multiple stances and ki pulse mechanics are top shelf, and once you get the ability to ki pulse via dodge, the game opens up to its fullest potential. Well, I shouldn't say that- the Onmyo Magic and Ninjutsu are really the icing on the cake.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

AlexSays

Horizon Zero Dawn is getting amazing reviews.

Going to be dropping quite a few dollars next week between that and all the Switch stuff.

AlexSays

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic