Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 12,861 to 12,880 of 16,083

Octane

@link3710 HZD2 is definitely coming in 2021. And I think early 2021, probably March, just like the first game.

@BenRK Ratchet & Clank showed off the new tech pretty well I think. Instant teleportation between different worlds, with virtually no loading at all. I don't think something like that would be possible on PS4.

Octane

BenRK

@Octane Why wouldn't something like that run on the PS4 though? That sounds like just clever memory management and asset streaming on a programming side of things, not a hardware feature. Don't get me wrong, you don't see that in a lot of games, but the Wii could handle near instant fast travel in some games, and no one is going to say that the Wii is a power house (Xenoblade, by the way)

BenRK

Anti-Matter

Okay, lemme guess.
Judging from the comments about PS5 presentation last time, i'm sure 100% there was NO kids game mentioned about, wasn't it ?

Anti-Matter

BenRK

@graysoncharles To be fair, you can put an SSD in a PS4. However I will admit that so few people would do that (I am one of them though), and having an SSD as part of the base model is a good thing.

I brought up the Wii as an example of a lower powered device doing similar things, not that it was perfect. And what resolution a console outputs has nothing to do with how fast it loads game assets.

Edited on by BenRK

BenRK

link3710

@Octane If it's coming a few months after launch, why not announce that? I could see late in the year perhaps, but a launch window title should be announced now. Honestly though, I'm expecting March 2022 for it.

@Anti-Matter There were several. Sackboy's Big Adventure was the most notable one.

link3710

Octane

@link3710 That's Sony. I think they want to save the release date/window for another day. But they can easily just announce a release date 3-4 months ahead of release. It's what they do with a lot of their games. Though they usually have a release year, I give you that.

However, consider this, out of all their studios, Guerrilla Games has been working on a new game for the longest time. I mean, Naughty Dog aren't going to release something on the PS5 in the next year, neither is Sucker Punch. Insomniac has R&C and Spider-Man for launch. I think early 2021 is very likely at this point.

Octane

Dezzy

@Anti-Matter

There was quite a lot of stuff you'd have liked actually.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Anti-Matter

@link3710 @Ralizah
Thanks for the videos. 😀
Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart was quickly got my attention as I have finished some of my R&C games on PS3. 😁
It looks like Astro game on PS5 can be controlled by normal PS5 stick, not using VR device (Yaaay...!) 😀
Kena looked like female version of Zelda BOTW.
I wasn't really sure with Bugsnax and Sackboy.

Conclusion: I have registered 2 PS5 games for next purchase in the future.

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

@Dezzy
I have watched 5 videos that given by Ralizah.
Good news, i have registered 2 PS5 games on my list for my next purchase.

Anti-Matter

MsJubilee

Why are these companies keep dancing around the price of these new consoles? Just tell us already! Also, the console looks like a filled up folder.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Octane

@Wavey84 Just FYI, the entire stream was locked to 30fps and 1080p; that's the downside of streaming, but explains why nothing was 60.

Octane

Octane

@Wavey84 No, Sony even said that a while back; the stream itself would be locked to 30fps and 1080p, but they will upload higher quality trailers (4K and 60fps) for the games that support it.

Octane

Grumblevolcano

@MsJubilee Microsoft isn't releasing Series X price because Sony hasn't revealed PS5 price and vice versa. Pretty much delaying the price reveal for as long as possible in the hopes that the competitor reveals the price first.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Ninfan

So it might be around 500 euro for PS5 that's a brilliant price.

Ninfan

iKhan

Sony KILLED that presentation. Such a wide variety of gameplay styles and art styles. MULTIPLE 3D platformers announced. It was very clear here that Sony was very confident in what they had to show. There was very little artificial hype, and very few of the games shown were the western pandering that we saw so heavily with the PS4 (really the only two major western 3rd parties that had significant announcements were Bethesda and Gearbox)

The Ratchet and Clank game looks ridiculous, and it uses the hardware to produce a unique form of gameplay beyond just looking pretty.

Also, I think it's starting to become clear that BOTW wasn't just a good game in it's own right, there is some small, but clearly evident BOTW influence on several of the games shown.

Honestly Sony officially has me lost on what to do next gen. I really like that Microsoft has full backwards compatibility, but Sony's catalogue looks insanely good. I've been really thinking of getting a solid gaming laptop (I don't like desktops), because Sony has been putting a lot of their games on PC. As far as Nintendo goes, I'm finally starting to tire of that generation of graphics, so I'd REALLY like to see a Switch 2 within the next 2 years from Ninty.

Edited on by iKhan

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

NinChocolate

They botched the Horizon 2 trailer. Compared to the first game’s reveal it’s the lesser trailer by far. It was basically a travel video. None of the action, character interaction and expressions, and fewer robots on screen than the first. All those elements should have gotten a boost not decreased for the sequel

NinChocolate

kkslider5552000

iKhan wrote:

Also, I think it's starting to become clear that BOTW wasn't just a good game in it's own right, there is some small, but clearly evident BOTW influence on several of the games shown.

I felt less this and more that BOTW reminded people that Zelda is the best and everyone should rip off Zelda forever.

Which they should.

Though I will say, watching a lot of this stuff felt like how I do playing like...Platinum's games. There's just so much that its kinda exhausting. That's not a bad thing necessarily, but I wouldn't want all of these over-the-top details with this much action all the time in my games. Like when it went to the comparatively simpler looking games, it was a breath of relief in a way.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

kkslider5552000

Honestly, the fact that I noticed a difference in graphics surprised me. So I don't agree at all, for how much next gen I thought felt like a pointless non-advancement in graphics at this point...I noticed improved graphics and some of those games would have been a disaster on PS4. Especially Ratchet and Clank with THOSE environments changing THAT often and quickly, would've run badly on even Pro I bet.

though obviously 60 FPS would be objectively better and more impressive

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic